Skillshare is a structured way of creating tutorial / classes using a web 2.0 platform:
It’s possible to create 1 Course each week, which is a pretty solid pace, and I think ought to be a foundation of Buzz DAO structure.
That’s a class that teaches DIY Filming and Editing, with common tools and programs. Meaning, there are skills there that can be learned and applied.
There is also a learning curve concerning marketability – or merchandising – meaning, how good the class looks, based on how well it is shot / edited / what the cover images look like etc.
Basically, Skillshare is a crash course in learning how to create ~2 Min concise, good looking, educational, project oriented playbooks to onboard Web 2.0 Audience Members into 1Hive Gardens.
However, there is an additional bonus here - and that has to do with the decision as to whether or not these classes are marked for Public or for Paid Subscribers Only.
Public Classes, do not accrue Skillshare Platform Royalties:
But - you get to post them anywhere you like, and brand them however you like on those platforms, and monetize them anywhere you like on those platforms.
Paid Subscriber Classes have harsh restrictions on where they can be reposted, and generally speaking the royalties for these classes are not outstanding unless you have built up an audience somewhere.
[However, once the classes exist, they royalties are persistent.]
Most of these months, I didn’t even make a single video – as you can see I’ve only made 4.
What interests me here is an unexamined possibility that Pollen and Metagame Source Cred brings into this situation – in terms of monetizing Publicly Accessible Courses.
My channel here on Youtube is pretty pathetic:
My twitter has an unreasonable amount of shitposting and a lot of personal whatever I’m into RTs:
But what if I was more focused or intentional about posting content that earned money and generated followers?
Looks like I can create a new youtube channel about:
Content Creation, Cryptocurrency & the Digital Creator Economy
With a focus on:
Executing Artistic Marketing Projects and the Skillsets required.
In the format of 2 Min 10 Second or shorter Videos:
Now I’m creating:
- Weekly Skillshare Courses for a Targeted Audience, along with small experimental projects that I am leading for those audiences, and polished, well executed, well branded, on topic videos.
- Daily Youtube Videos within a specific CPM Niche set, with their branding and execution already cared for.
- Daily Twitter Videos with Relevant Hashtags
- Daily Tik Toks with Relevant Hashtags
- I’m building Audiences on Skillshare | Youtube | Tik Tok.
- And I’m even managing [albiet less aggressively than before] to get my comic work done.
What is my reward for doing this?
- Accruing Skillshare Audiences can get me $ for paid courses, so if I choose to make paid courses, those will bring in lots of revenue, if I make well attended public courses.
- Building up a Youtube Channel in a CPM relevant area, with quality videos, and regular production, will help me qualify for Adsense - which in turn will build up my future income, assuming I make it to monetization.
- Skillshare Affiliate Links can earn me money by referring people to Skillshare.
- Skillshare sponsors productive Youtube Channels
- I’ll build an audience which will be great for my personal projects on Kickstarter and Patreon.
- And in making my videos public, I’ll be able to share them, and brand them with 1hive, which in turn can be shared and @mentioned and retweeted to build up the 1hive presence in a decentralized way - so that my light shines on 1hive | metagame
[Which in turn qualifies me for Pollen Rewards | Source Cred for Playbooks.]
But what if I also got HNY?
What if there was a tiered accomplishment system which helped to incentivize channel monetization:
- Did you get your Skillshare Video Launched and Shared this week?
- Did you set up your Youtube Videos and distribute them each day on Twitter and Tik Tok?
- Are you using the right tags, or getting X number of Students | Views | Channel Growth?
- Have you hit 1k Subs?
- Have you hit 4k Watch Hours?
- Did you get every Day for a week posted on Youtube?
- Did you get every Day for a month?
- Did you get every Day for a Quarter?
You do this:
And you simply focus on providing quality content and sharing 1hive, and building your channels, and you get incentivized with a bit of HNY to do so, and a bit of Pollen for sharing your course with the community, and on Twitter / Tik Tok.
At the end of each video on social media - you have a 1hive brand logo.
in the beginning and end of each Skillshare Course, you say Sponsored by 1hive.
Your Skillshare course assignments help train people, who you can direct to 1hive.
The end goal is to build out a community of project oriented:
Types of people - and direct them into 1hive, while building up multiple social media platforms.
In addition to that, each class requires a project – and the students want to be led by example. So, in my case, I will need to share a homework assignment, or project for those people in each week.
Something that tangibly improves the lives of my students / viewers, which increases their skill sets, and also is worth while enough or applicable to my own projects.
After the program is complete, you get a bunch of people who made attempts, and some who completed the program.
You get competent video editors / project managers / educators / students / etc.
And 1hive becomes known as an educational and project oriented web3 group of “do-ers” – and attracts that sort of group right into Gardens, where they can grow their own businesses with some well designed toolsets, and aligned incentives for those projects as well – to be speculated about at some later date.
This program goes on for two Quarters.
Q3 and Q4 – with regular reports on statistics and distributions.
The skillshare swarm members also hold each other accountable with weekly reports for classes created | content released | follower and watch counts. | Things that worked well for them.
And we see how quickly – and how many channels we can get monetized on Youtube.
Once those channels are successfully monetized, each marketer / creator will have built an audience on multiple platforms, and will have substancially more income generating opportunities, and basically will have come up through the 1hive brand.
“Influencer | Educator Incubation.”
“Garden Population Bootstrapping | Training”