Suggestions for the 1Hive Discord

Hi, I already posted this in the #general Discord channel, but that is not really a good place to add/discuss ideas, so I am repeating it here:

• Problem: Discord is divided in many channels which are not clear at all to newcomers (and even more experienced Hivers).

• Some ideas to clean up the Discord overall:
    1- Pinned posts in all channels (the #:eyes:info doesn’t have one for example) with an explanation about what it’s about, and short links to the most important posts in that channel.

2- This post is a good start: https://discordapp.com/channels/698287700834517064/758821739202347038/758886904078008363 but even that (1) doesn’t cover all channels and (2) is not in order. New visitors are completely lost as there are about 30 channels.

3- Please limit certain (groups of) channels to verified members, team members etc as it’s a mess with all the Verify/Bright ID q’s and bot communications.

4- Maybe get some moderators around the clock who can delete/move messages and block spam etc where needed? I am in EU time zone, we need 1-2persons for Asia/EU/USA west timezone to cover everything.

5- Can we expand the Bot commands easily? Like

• !hny channels with channel info
  • !hny brightid
    etc

6- Can the bot (or moderators) delete all !verify etc commands?

I might add more later, and welcome further thoughts.

3 Likes

Hey Harry, thank you for this extensive list of suggestions. You are absolutely right, the discord server is chaotic and very unorganized. We have been working on improving the server, and most of your suggestions are already being worked on. I do like your suggestions of having moderators around the clock, I’m not sure if we do have enough people on other timezones. An extensive discourse post will follow up soon, where you will see that most of your suggestions are indeed proposed. Keep up the good work and keep the suggestions coming :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would be willing to help moderate. I’m in the US in the eastern time zone.

Everyone, a lot of my recommendations and more were already added today, see the new structure in this post:

So it might be better to check this out first and continue further discussion there.