Swap component on honeypot v2

Swap component on honeypot v2

Proposal Information

Proposal description:
The idea is to create a swap component that is directly integrated into honeypot v2. Proposal link: https://1hive.org/#/proposal/32. The swap function would have a similar design and functionality to the one which is being used for Aragon. (Source code: https://github.com/TECommons/convert.aragon.org). The goal of the swap component is for users to quickly swap xDai into Honey, without having to take that extra step to go to https://honeyswap.org. The idea is to place this swap component on the right side of honeypot v2, as there is currently a lot of open space present in that area. See the following pictures for some ideas.

Proposal Rationale
The idea is to essentially eliminate users from having to take an extra step of going to https://honeyswap.org, in case they want to exchange xDai to HNY. By having an integrated swap component in honeypotv2, users essentially do not need to take the extra step mentioned above; The end result being a more pleasant user experience.

Expected duration or delivery date (if applicable):
One week

Team Information (For Funding Proposals)

Names, usernames, and/or relevant social links for team members (Twitter, Github, 1Hive Forum, etc.): Felix, Rayne

Skills and previous experience in related or similar work:
Rayne is mostly new with React, fixed some bugs in honeypot v1 and has been working on some components for honeypot v2 like the currency changer. Mostly wants to learn more by tackling this idea. Felix worked on multiple projects using React, and has had 2 internships, full-stack, with React as frontend.

Funding Information (For Funding Proposals)

Amount of HNY requested:
1 HNY
Ethereum address where funds shall be transferred:
0x9918ccC83f453965E634eB0788f94729775554c0
More detailed description of how funds will be handled and used:
Funds will be used to implement this new feature. More funds might be requested later based on how difficult it is to integrate this.

5 Likes

Interesting idea from a technical point of view.
I would however point out that having people make that extra step and go to honeyswap.org and interact with it, is actually to our advantage from a marketing point of view.

2 Likes

Yes, I agree hence which I think the ‘Get Honey’ on top should stay, as it is a good idea in case users do want to swap more tokens than just HNY and xDai.The idea, for now, is to keep it simple , and have users only primarily be able to swap HNY for xDai and vice-versa; Meaning that if they want to use the full functionality (exchanging multiple tokens) they would still have to go to honeyswap.

Ah it hasn’t been made aware that the original purpose of Get Honey was to be another page on honeypot v2 with the following: https://www.figma.com/file/P06HTzSyb9hExJVpwaUPmA/Honey-Pot-2.0?node-id=215%3A17966.

This integrates what you propose as well as a section for interacting with the faucet.
After some discussion and wanting to ship v2 as soon as possible it was concluded it was low priority for the moment, but we thought it would still be useful for Get Honey to be a page with links to both honeyswap and the faucet with brief details of each one.

That said, i think as a first step we could integrate the swapping functionality, and iterate on it to include the rest as it was originally planned if it makes sense, though personally i would not embed this component into the main view, i think it looks pretty loaded as it is.

Curious of others thoughts.

Right, the whole idea of adding the swap in the 1hive, was to switch between HNY and XDAI to vote on a proposal without going to the honeyswap. I think the connect your account to create a proposal could be smaller to add other card on the right side of the map.

I was also wondering, whats the best way to be up-to-date with the progress going on in the site. Like you just said that you guys concluded that it was a low priority. Where can I see prority so I can help doing implementation feature

Right, the whole idea of adding the swap in the 1hive, was to switch between HNY and XDAI to vote on a proposal without going to the honeyswap.

Yeah i think this makes sense.

I think the connect your account to create a proposal could be smaller to add other card on the right side of the map.

@fioreb may have some input on this.

I was also wondering, whats the best way to be up-to-date with the progress going on in the site.

Tbh, we haven’t been very organized with this. We usually use zenhub dashboards for big projects, but as of late, since we were only very small number of people developing it we didn’t create one and the main priority tracker was github issues, though i think it may make sense to consider using zenhub now.

I think this :point_up_2: and having more people voting on proposals are leveraging points for community growth :muscle: :muscle:

On this proposal in particular, tbh I don’t think it’s that necessary but for 1 HNY I’m onboard!

I think it would be really useful to have the swap component!

I agree with this, it would be better to avoid too much information have the component in a separate page it in the meantime and then change to the new page that integrates the Get Honey and the Faucet.