The r/HNY Non-Fungible Token (NFT) Content Competition

The r/HNY Non-Fungible Token (NFT) Content Competition

The r/ r/HNY Non-Fungible Token (NFT) Content Competition

The proposal has passed allowing the 1Hive community to fund and host a non-fungible token (NFT) content competition. Here are some things you are probably wondering right now:

What is an NFT?

An NFT is a specific type of token meant to represent authenticity. After a particular number of NFTs are ā€œmintedā€ (created), only those tokens and the content they correspond to are connected. NFTs give digital ownership over content back to the user. For example, imagine a collectible playing card had a serial number. An NFT sort of acts like a ā€œdigital serial numberā€ for a digital collectible. Check out Rarible and the popular game Gods Unchained for examples of types of content that can be minted into an NFT.

What types of content can be submitted to this competition?

We are welcoming digital or physical artwork of all types, as long as the content is submitted as a minted NFT. We welcome all original artwork, animations, gifs, memes; the content can be funny, sad, scary, impressive, goofy, whatever you want. The theme of the competition will be Honey (HNY) token and content that is both relevant to its ecosystem and reflects an understanding of HNY and 1Hive will be considered favorably. However, all cryptocurrency-related content is welcome for submission. There will likely be a limit to one submission per account, please keep this in mind.

Will I be able to choose how many NFTs I want to mint?

Yes. Itā€™s your content, thatā€™s the whole point!

Will I be able to choose what price I want to list my NFTs for?

Yes. We will not restrict users from posting their NFTs for a price to be sold. Advertisements or solicitations of donations will not be allowed on the subreddit throughout the competition in line with subreddit rule #6.

When will we be able to submit our content?

An official post will be made in the coming weeks with more information about which website to use to Mint your NFT, the competition submission deadline, prize details (in HNY), and more. For now, if you are interested in participating, we suggest you just start working on your content submission and checking out other NFT websites to learn more.

Please also subscribe to r/HNY and see the corresponding post there!

5 Likes

Hi guys, a bee here whoā€™s actually participated in a couple graphics / illustration contests before.

There should be a paragraph in the next post explaining how voting will take place and how a winner will be chosen (as well as when that would be). Iā€™m assuming voting will happen on a reddit thread inside r/HNY and the winners would be the most upvoted comments up to a certain date? Correct me if Iā€™m wrong please.

I liked the idea @Pressure had about having participants hold at least 0.1 to be eligible but Iā€™d like to point out the following; I believe that letting people participate regardless of their HNY holdings would make up for a larger participant pool and maybe this way people who wouldnā€™t normally put their money into crypto have a way of (if lucky) winning some extra money and start learning about the space.

Having this kind of requirement for a contest to which you have to submit work to regardless of being rewarded or not from the beginning can make participating seem like not such a good idea after all.
Having said this I think its obvious I believe that if this (hold at least 0.1 HNY to participate) rule were implemented there would need to be some set of upsides to participationg rather than only for the winner(s).

Implementing this rule would mean less people participating imo; and I think the more people participate the more the word is spread across the internet. Plus this money could be used to mint more content - maybe reducing it to holding 0.05 could be considered a middle point??

That aside; iā€™ve used Rarible before - itā€™s an ok platform and it rewards its users for buying, selling, minting, etc. with weekly token drops (RARI), also, whatever you list there automatically appears listed on OpenSea as well I think. There are other better platforms but I think Rarible is the most open one for this kind of activity as most other serious NFT platforms have much more complicated registration processes that involve sending previous work, bio, id, etc.

**maybe that tougher registration process is something that we want, iā€™m not sureā€¦

2 Likes

@Pab Thank you for the feedback I donā€™t think it will be mandatory to have 0.1 hny to enter the contest. contest will be free to enter, 0.1 hny may be needed only as requirement for the final voting.

We will come up with exact rules and explain the whole process. The point of this contest is to get new people interested about Honeyswap and also current 1hive members will have a way to express themselves in artistic way.

Also i would like to call developers to build 1hive project like this :https://nifty.ink
On nifty.ink you cant upload your digital art, people would love to use it more if that was possible. It would be cool if we make nft marketplace in addition to Honeyswap .

Also check this NFTS that @Detz designed i think they are very cool :slight_smile:

The halloween effect !

Detz classic bee

1 Like

Great points about the 0.1 HNY requirement @pab, it would be better to allow anyone to participate.

Canā€™t wait got some good ideas already :relieved:

Love the idea! :star_struck: Looking forward for more details, hope iā€™ll be able to join the fun!
As for minting NFTs, recently it become possible to do it on xDai network too, via POAP. Definitely check em out: