Thoughts on the Honey price

Thanks for sharing this.
I think the powerful thing about HNY is that itā€™s growth has been 100% organic and it continues to grow. what that means is that more and more people are holding and using HNY. Think about it, the reason you are here is because 1Hive is succeeding otherwise youā€™d probably not have noticed it. Everyday new people arrive, this can only mean we are doing something right. It is still early days and thus might seem like a fan club to you now but never underestimate the power of a true DAO.
You might be right that HNY needs more use case. But then what is the use case of BTC? I think you have to understand what is being created here. All the same i completely agree we have to create more use cases for HNY.

1/ If the purpose is to build and proove decentralized community system, then it is really much more fundamental and stronger value for me, than just any better swap utility with low fees. I cannot evaluate this fully until i discover the project deeply, therefore i hope at the moment it is not any utopia.

2/ Donā€™t agree with this:

I would like to clarify.
The core idea is not being promoted and communicated well outside of 1hive first of all and it is quite hidden, unfortunately. To be honest, I did not come for the core idea of the cool 1hive project at the beginning. I simply come for Honeyswap and cheap trxs on xDai. And the HNY faucet and farming are another reasons for sure. I guess most people did the sameā€¦

Therefore, many new comers donā€™t inidicate any success of 1hive project. They can leave as quickly as they come when Honeyswap ends or HNY goes down. However, not bad, when they came even for initially another reason and they are here. Because Proof of the success are those who remains excited by the 1hive.

1 Like

This. Most came for the faucet (free money). Many for farming. Itā€™s been interesting to watch the action die down recently, and some new regular contributors emerge. I think itā€™s too early to call 1Hive a long-term success though, or even calculate the ā€œconversion rateā€ with any accuracy. The average life cycle of a new food-based DeFi coin is ~2-3 months. A large percentage currently here will just move onto the next ponzi that emerges, many have already. The percentage that sticks around and continues to create value looks good, but that is still shaking out.

3 Likes

I agree. The good point is, that although we cannot say 1Hive will have long-term success, it focuses on that. This is good baseline and the future shows us the result.

2 Likes

I heard about this project and how it was on the xDai chain and it is my first time being apart of a community like this. I am going to be learning to develop and be of some use soon while I learn how to best contribute. This stuff is all so amazing I canā€™t wait to contribute on something while I stack up my Honey.

4 Likes

Yeah, 1Hiveā€™s purpose is to build a true DAO where algorithms run the show and humans are at the edge.
Ahhā€¦ so you came because of the cheap & fast honeyswap trxns, plus faucet, plus farming? Thats exactly what brought me here too(honeyswap). But guess what? they are all 1Hive products and now look where we both are, lolz. and i know its same for many others too, so 1Hive must be doing something right, they are suceeding thats why we both discovered it and are both here.
I agree the message might not be cutting across clearly, but the important thing is we are attracting people and converting some of them.
As i said earlier, its still early days and there are still lots of similar products that will come up and even bring more traffic. while the already existing products keeps getting more and more attention.

3 Likes

I think so, that we need more use cases. and please take a look at my latest post about one of themā€¦
But what are the boundaries for proposals? what are the core values? can we also suggest new values?

Do the importance of liquidity is that:
its more safe for the price if a user wants to change for example: HNY for xDai etcā€¦
and how much it affects the price, immediately after the trade?
And is the pricing exactly about the computation of amounts between coin pairs?

@lkngtn mateā€¦ just stumbling on some of these old gems hidden here in the forumā€¦ this was a great read. I must have stumbled on 1Hive and xDAI about 6 months agoā€¦ and I really wish I had given this forum a chance back then. Just looking around the kind of information that was being published and the passion of some of the early adopters gives me hope that I could some day in about 10 years claim to have been here at almost the start !! Would be really great if you could do an update to this may be 6 months from now! Would be nice to see how your views have held through a time frame of a year and all the changes that you may have witnessed within this dynamic DAO!

4 Likes

the matic xdai bridge is bringing more exposureā€¦once donuts tipping take off even more eyes on xdaiā€¦ with more project launching its still EARLY as 1hive will growā€¦ still LOTS of room for growthā€¦

2 Likes

Is there a place where addresses are linked to community members? Iā€™d be curious to see who are the whales and how much they own :slight_smile:

2 Likes