Update the bot messages

I asked multiple times on discord but couldn’t find the person who can update those bots.
We see them everyday and their messages take a lot of space and break the conversation.

Here are my propositions:

7 Likes

hello .

i would help if know @omahs . sorry bro (ノ_<。)

If the src code is in github I can give a try

I’m not 100% sure but I thought @crisog was responsible for the Discord bots. I completely agree that the numbers are way too large and kind of disruptive.

There’s a couple of contributors - Jasper, CrisOG and Luigy. The code is here though: https://github.com/1hive/assistant-bee

Carl is not something we can really do much about I think, there is no way for us to remove the embeds from him, and we do not control the source code of that bot. Maybe we should move that message to Assistant Bee, too.

1 Like

I looked on GitHub earlier today but this seems to be a different bot called “Honey Faucet Bot”.
I can’t find it on GitHub :thinking:

Ah, @luigy made that one. We should merge that functionality into Assistant Bee.

For Carl maybe putting the links between those signs would work? (< >) <https://faucet.1hive.org>

I made my own server to try Carl. I used Carl Dashboard to post and it looks like that:

4 Likes

Looks really good @omahs, uses way less space, but we should take the oportunity that it is being changed to provide more info:

Maybe we could alternate a couple of messages?
Here are a few that i would add: one with a link to discourse, another one with a link to the farms and another one to info.honeyswap

2 Likes

Thanks for researching this! I will change Carl’s messages accordingly once Discord stops being down.

1 Like

I completely agree with you @omahs , I was thinking the same the other day! Sometimes we are having a nice talk there and the bot kinda bother it.

I like how you proposed to change them, but, as @Anathema suggested, I would use the opportunity to add more information to the message, I think we could half the size of that cool bee, it is actually to big hahaha maybe we would have enough space for new information if we do it :honey_pot: :honeybee:

2 Likes

Thanks @onbjerg for the update of Carl’s messages!

Great suggestions @Anathema & @CryptoWonk!

I tried on my server an alternative message, here it is:

Code of the messages

2 Likes

Looks awesome!
Good work @omahs

Can we do something to get this up and running? Maybe signal a proposal in the honeypot or something