Why do people care

As our first post in the Forum i would like to share what Luke shared in Keybase chat about communities that i think is very interesting and make us remind ourselves why are we part of 1Hive and why we continue being part of this awesome community.

I also answered the first two questions outlined on the post. (Feel free to drop your answer too!)

What makes this community unique?

I think 1Hive is unique because of the future vision that has for helping new communities grow and shape up, whatsmore i think is a very open and inclusive community where anyone can participate
whether is development wise or having an interesting discussion about a certain topic and you don’t need to necessarily share the future commmon goals of the community to be able to participate.
One of the things i like the most is having nominations and rewarding contributors, i thnik it generates a very positive vibe for all members and contributors.
And i think 1Hive is conformed by really awesome people that have been joining in the past year or following what we are building while also giving their grain of sand with their expertise.

Why are you here in this community? Why are you still here?

@0xgabi brought me here when it was just starting and the idea was to help on developing some of the apps that today are part of the Dandelion Template which we got a grant for.

I’m still here because i personally share the future vision of 1Hive and love to help build things and improve personally and collectively.
I’m also here because there is no better place to bee :honeybee: :wink:

18 Likes

Well said :slight_smile: I also like how open this community is and there is so much hidden potential in open communities which can explode anytime.

2 Likes

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

I’m just gettin to know the community and so far loving it!
Its just so different to the work environments that I’m used to work on, so open and collaborative! :star_struck:

5 Likes

I’m here because I think honeyswap is awesome and has real use case of a uniswap alternative with much lower fees, and i love the fast transaction times on XDAI. I am in the forums and discord to try and help support people with issues/questions that I can answer

1 Like

I care because I think 1Hive is doing a bunch of very interesting live experiments in governance and cryptoeconomic mechanism design. I’m from the SourceCred community, so it’s of course very interesting watching real money flow through Cred scores. But I’m also having fun playing with Honeyswap, xDAI, conviction voting, etc., and taking notes.

4 Likes

I came for the Honeyswap, got signed up for the Faucet, and in the interim started reading the docs and forums and now I’m on fire.

This is what crypto is about to me- decentralized governance and mutual aid.

Brilliant.

1 Like

I heard about HoneySwap first, but then I joined the Discord and discovered 1Hive was much bigger than just HoneySwap.

The mission of 1Hive resonates well with me and I’m happy to be a part of the community and contribute the best I can to help everyone on the journey of filling our honeycombs to the brim with Honey. :honey_pot:

2 Likes

Honey is needed for the rest of the 90% of people on the planet who don’t live in the west or earn more then 1000$ a month. They too need to be able to use DEFI. I Lost so much money on UNISWAP just figuring it out and making mistakes… On honey you can swap until you drop

2 Likes