xDai Community Wide Adoption Marketing Campaign Proposal

Hey there,
I generally agree, xDai chain is lacking some momentum, especially regarding ā€œonboardingā€ exciting projects that are worth exploring the xDai ecosystem.

Iā€™m an active member of 1Hive and there I see a lot of movement, excitement and progress, with so many users everyday. Iā€™m not an expert so iā€™ll just share a bit my view, xDai is lacking some momentum on Youtube and Twitter. (on youtube thereā€™s basically one youtuber who is a fan of the xDai chain - Chicocrypto - and his loyalty is decreasing in the late period, plus heā€™s in war with several other youtubers)

Besides the gossip, which Iā€™m not interested in, I agree that other L2 had their shiny moment, and hopefully soon itā€™s xdaiā€™s turn.

take care!

4 Likes

I agree that xDAI is under evaluated. But I guess itā€™s just a matter of days/weeks. Some really cool projects joined xDAI.

At the moment, itā€™s still limited. BSC was like that and at some point it sky rockets and everybody was speaking about it.

Iā€™m usually against paying to publish an article. Lets the community do it for free (or just organize a content contest if you want to reward members). There is no best promotion than promotion made by users. And as soon as you will have some attraction, influencers will speak about it, and then itā€™s done.

A lot of people also donā€™t know xDAI. A good narrative it to say that itā€™s like BSC in terms of fees, but like Ethereum in terms of decentralization. And thatā€™s it. Job done. Just wait for more dAPP to join and everybody will speak about it.

I started to write a tutorial/guide, to onboard new users: https://cryptoouf.com/tutos/xdai

In few days reactions were crazy ! most people didnā€™t know xDAI and as soon as I told them project like realT or Agave (same thing as Aave) people start to be very interested.

3 Likes

Sounds great! I am in newyork/timezone but please let me know when the next call will be, I will be there!

I definitely will, the faucet will be out Monday & Ill make a proper announcement in the ā€œCafeā€ threads. Also, All the LP farming will be done on honeyswap and launched in April.

I am aware of a few, Agave, your shinagains colab & obviously honey. But yes for sure! Hit me up on telegram to let me know your thoughts. I messaged you on twitter with my personal TG handle. :v:

1 Like

Donā€™t get me wrong I hate it too, but there is value in it or else they wouldnā€™t be able to charge so much for it. They donā€™t just post articles, they will curate the story share on large social followings, have clout in the space, people read and respect their publishing therefore it has authority. Plus they come with lots of organic traffic and have no problem ranking on google.

Donā€™t get me wrong though, this is still fantastic work! Especially that itā€™s in another language. Thanks for putting in the effort to post this :+1:

2 Likes

There is an important aspect to this whole discussion. Which is the question of Written Article versus Video Content. I think that if the strategy is to get closer to these vehicles and influencers, we should privilege Video Content.

The Written Article is nowadays much more disposable. It doesnā€™t perform as well as a video over time. In few days later, it has already mixed up with hundreds of other published content. If we are thinking about promoting an action with expenses, we must choose the media that gives more support. And videos are a big part of that solution. In a media plan I would distribute at least 70% of the money to them. And I would put 30% in Written Articles.

I have a lot of experience with online media plans. Once we have reached some conclusion, I can help in structuring the application of funds. As well as creating the ROI control mechanisms on that. So that over time we can have an intelligence of results to direct actions like this proposal.

I have no problem with that if you have connections to influncers and can get some cost per video data per channel :+1: I think that would be a great to add as an option and compare prices.

1 Like

Hum iā€™m not very sure about that. Both are important. I know a lot of people who only read articles. And some who only listen to videos. Also when you are looking for something on google, itā€™s much easier to find an article and found the right piece of information. You donā€™t want to watch a 30min video if you only need a simple info.

Based on my website, i can tell you articles are not dead ^^ and when people learn a new name, eg: BSC, they will google it and usually found an article.

2 Likes

I agree that Text Articles has a great importance in a media plan. But the way it was proposed is the one that makes this space more expensive - ordered content.

If the proposal is to buy space, it is more economical to work with Google Ads and insert ads on these content pages triggered by keywords or audience profile.

This type of ad has a much more favorable cost to have a presence in written content.

About videos, a media plan involves curation. And within this planning, shorter videos that go straight to the point should be prioritized. Five minutes at most.

Someone there talked about the format of Chico Crypto.

I think heā€™s the best of all. Ideal for this type of action. In world terms, I think that most countries have their Chico Crypto.

Here in Brazil, for example, we have Caio Invest

He is a big DEFI enthusiast and also a Maker DAO Ambassador. The Brazilian public that connects to DEFI is practically informed only by him.

I think we can here try to find in other countries who these influencers would be. With that we gained projection beyond the English language. And that makes all the difference.

I donā€™t like the idea of ā€‹ā€‹paid articles for the same reason. And also for the costs compared to other media formats. In Video there is an excellent use. In written articles it is just a way to pay a lot for a space that can be approached in other more economical ways.

sure,i think this is good well begin

1 Like

Itā€™s a good ecology, so Iā€™m on Xdai and Honey

1 Like

@ecardo5o @Cryptoouf I think we are a little off topic within the idea of which medium is ā€œbetterā€. Let me make it clear. ANY marketing/exposure is better than NO marketing/exposure. If you are a xDai Dapp dev and want to run a youtube adā€¦ DO IT and backlink here so we can see we are making progress! However, yes. The overarching focus was pitched with press releases in mind because PR firms have bulk discounts!!! Thatā€™s quite the incentive to collaborate with other devs to get better rates to promote each otherā€™s dapp AND raise awareness to xDai overall along the way!!

1 Like

I think what we should also be doing is pushing popular DeFiā€™s (like Sushiswap, BAO) en masse to deploy versions on xDaiā€¦ There is not better marketing than a product people know opening here.

This means we have to exert pressure on them and also exert pressure on the xDai team to attempt to win over old and new products.

I wonder if we could also convince other teams to make a cooperation with our dev guys and release some combined product?

2 Likes

I just knew xdai though i was stepped into the crypo for 5 years,
I hope we could do more jobs on the KOL,to let more know Xdai

People get paid for publishing quality content about xDai and 1Hive.
There are usually bounties available for different articles weā€™d like to see.
Itā€™s important to give value for value.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Itā€™s a good incentive plan

I agree with you. I am also optimistic that XDAI network will meet you here. I hope that the best products can be the network

We released an article last week !Rare Crypto Faucet and DeFi Apps Launch on xDai Chain:

3 Likes

Old friend, I am here to support you, I hope we are successful with each other

1 Like