1Hive Community's Decentralized Dedicated Minecraft Server

Nice to see proposal for this interesting idea. I just want to ask what will be monthly costs for keeping running server online and other stuffs ? Is this only cost for running server
Server hosting first checkout 160 usd first quarter (3 months)
Whatā€™s the calculation for next 3 - 5 months ?

2 Likes

A well thought out and well put proposal. All the best guys.

2 Likes

A well thought out and well put proposal. All the best guys.

1 Like

I had zero interest in Minecraft until Posadelic, and now I absolutely will get Minecrafted up.

5 Likes

Itā€™ll be around $210

2 Likes

Hey @erminio @ComandoBurrito thanks for the detailed proposal. Would like to suggest using an Aragon organization on xDai to manage the funds with more transparency, instead of a personal address. For example the organization we are using for the Gardens swarm.

Iā€™m happy to jump on a call to help with the setup if thatā€™s something you want to do.

6 Likes

Yeah, sure man! Should we create a new proposal in the honey pot, or is there a way to change it?
If you could help us we are willing to do it. When are you available? our timezone is PST.

1 Like

Awesome, Iā€™ll send you a pm on discord to coordinate a call. Probably you can go ahead with the current proposal and once approved to move the funds to the organizationā€™s Vault. Otherwise you can remove current proposal and create a new one with the updated beneficiary address pointing to the organizationā€™s Vault.

2 Likes

and we really appreciate always the feedback <3

1 Like

lol Minecraft is going to be great for getting gamers into the crypto market, just make some kind of pvp tournament and get some HNY reward and talk with minecraft youtubers possibly and youā€™ve got a business lmao

3 Likes

hi just want to remind u this proposal still if someone want to read about or help us send to any friend u have in 1Hive, greetings :honey_pot: :honeybee:

Very interesting and original proposal, thanks for submitting it.
Iā€™m still learning more about Aragon voting and about how minecraft can be decentralized, and I definitely prefer as much of a decentralized approach as possible with most things, so excuse the n00b questions.

On the 1hive interface, it says this proposal wonā€™t pass because not enough HNY is staked for it.

## ESTIMATED TIME UNTIL PASS

Won't pass

Insufficient staked tokens(At least 84.56 HNY more needed).

Is staking something the proposal creator needs to do to make a proposal active?
Iā€™m curious why other people would be allowed to vote / contribute their HNY to an inactive proposal.
If anyone can share any insights, Iā€™d be appreciative.

Hey @cryptogoth ā€¦ From my understanding each funding proposal has to achieve support from a minimum amount of total Honey supply to be ā€˜Passedā€™ and hence the requested HNY from the common pool allocated to that proposal.

So currently we need as shown from your screen shot 84.56 HNY to support this proposal for it to be passed and the project receiving the 17 HNY requested from the common pool. Supporting this proposal does not lock your HNY really. Its conviction voting where you show support based on the HNY you have and the time you leave it in favour of the proposal. Read about conviction voting here https://wiki.1hive.org/projects/honey/distribution#conviction-voting

i just wanna play the games and earn the NFT that you mentioned in the other article. but for now ,i didnā€™t finish the task,cause itā€™s a little bit difficult for a guy didn;t know such the code things or java things, little bit difficult.

Anyone interested in doing this with Minetest, the community-driven, open-source voxel game? Iā€™m working on building a governance framework for it in Lua: Media Enterprise Design Lab / modpol Ā· GitLab

3 Likes

:open_mouth: @erminio @ComandoBurrito

1 Like

im not very informed about minetest, i have it downloaded and heard of it many times as a sort of engine for minecraft clones and found it really cool. Still havent got in touch with it that much

Itā€™s fun to hack with!

Great job on the latest updates and achievements everyone!! :trophy:

1 Like

I have done ā€œdogetestā€ 3 yrs agoā€¦ Itā€™s just a simple minetest game that interacts with a dogecoin node

Ill be experimenting now with building a burner wallet mod and a honeyswap interface, but I would love to hear from the community how they would want it. We could do something with DAOs too. Im not a great developer, but Im willing to do it.

I also could act as a devs support as I know something about the platform.

Could you start a new thread for this 1Hive MT project?

2 Likes