We are launching the testing phase of the updated version of honey-pot and celeste site.
This is a major upgrade to the 1Hive DAO, that enables community members to stake Honey to participate in Celeste, our subjective dispute resolution oracle protocol. Staking in Celeste requires BrightID verification and serves as a check on the influence of Whales with lots of capital on the 1Hive community. With this upgrades there are major changes, and we want to make sure everything works well, so we are launching a test and QA environment on Rinkeby today.
In order to do that we needed to do several changes to our DAO:
- Make conviction voting app disputable for proposals and also add the ability to exprese requested amount in stable token: https://github.com/1Hive/conviction-voting-app/blob/disputable/contracts/ConvictionVoting.sol
- Use the disputable voting app for decissions: https://github.com/1Hive/disputable-voting/blob/master/contracts/DisputableVoting.sol
- Ingegrate both apps events to be tracked by our mixed subgraph: https://github.com/1Hive/honey-pot/tree/master/connector/subgraph
- Update our connector between the UI and the subgraph: https://github.com/1Hive/honey-pot/tree/master/connector/src
- Deploy of the staking contracts: https://github.com/1Hive/staking/tree/master/packages/protocol/contracts
- Deploy of the agreement app: https://github.com/1Hive/agreement/blob/master/contracts/Agreement.sol
- Fixes on the agreement subgraph and connector: https://github.com/1Hive/connect/tree/1hive-master/packages/connect-agreement
- Celeste contract changes in order to work with brightId and cap the amount of tokens that an unique user can activate: https://github.com/1Hive/celeste-contracts/tree/master/contracts
- Celeste dashboard ui and brightId changes: https://github.com/1Hive/celeste-dashboard
- Honey-pot interface changes in order to interact with the Agreement app, add the ability to stake collateral to challenge, settle and dispute actions and express requested amount on proposals on stable unit: https://github.com/1Hive/honey-pot/tree/disputable-version/src
So as you can see we introduced a huge amount of changes to our main site, so what’s next?
Community call to action
In order to ensure the quality and security of all the pieces involved on this development process we are asking the community members to help us to test all this!
How can you help?
Well those are the urls for the new honey-pot and celeste dashboard:
Deployed smart contracts can be found in this config file : https://github.com/1Hive/honey-template/blob/master/output/rinkeby-config.json
In order for you to interact with the apps you will need some Honey on rinkeby because in order to create proposals you’ll need to have staked some collateral amount and some available Honey in your wallet to challenge and dispute proposals.
And the same goes for Celeste, in order to participate as a keeper you need to activate your honey on the celeste dashboard!
To get some test Honey, please fill out this form and we’ll send you some funds swiftly!
We’ll ask fo your Discord username and Rinkeby address and you’ll get some sweet test !
We are plannig to run this testing phase for at least 2 weeks that is the time that will take the vote to pass to upgrade the dao apps.
In order to keep track of the issues and suggestion that you might have please create issues in the following repos:
If you find a bug create an issue with title
BUG: ... and if you have suggestions
SUGGESTION: ..., please add a brief description of the issue that includes:
- Which is the issue
- How is expected for you to work
- If is an UI issue please attach a screenshot
- Steps on how to reproduce the issue
And that’s it guys as mentioned before, we touched every single part of the app so expect to find issues, expect the app to crash, so go ahead and help us to improve it! And try to hack it if you are feeling spicy