Community Supporter Proposal

Iā€™d like to see these proposals cap at $$/month since I have no problem allocating 18HNY but this is now worth $9K which should cover 2 months or longer if the price continues to rise. If it falls then we still have some fall back.

Other than that I am good with this proposal. Iā€™d like to see some new faces step into these roles because I think we could easily saturate the currently proposed members with too many duties, cross-roles. @Blazar @boring877 @solarmkd @Escanor

I want to echo some of @Rayne comments above. Fauna was specifically designed to fulfill some of the roles suggested but basically Fauna was gutted and buzz members basically taking over. I am ok with this, but being someone who is doing a shitload of buzz stuff now and not getting any HNY via Fauna or Buzz for my work Iā€™d like to see a more balanced approach. I think this was part of the reasons I flagged those suggested above. I think they are doing a great job, but I think if we funnel all this HNY to people for all these different roles they either become overloaded or they are being paid too much.

While I like to see cross swarm pollenation in terms of people I have concerns too many people are double/triple/quadruple dipping. If the work is being done great but then who is doing what for how much can become an issue (i.e forms of accountability against equitable pay for effort).

I really think it would be nice to see a least a monthly accounting of who got how much HNY for what roles/efforts so we can see if adjustments if necessary. One thing I will point out is that once some people in Maker got on the grant dole they stopped getting SC, BUT this is not consistently applied. The point here is once someone gets on a fixed pay cashflow for a ā€˜jobā€™ that has responsibilities I am mixed on them being able to get paid by things that are specifically designed to encourage greater community. But honestly I can go either way on this issue. Sometimes I think people who work above and beyond should get extra beyond their fixed pay, other times I think that effort is included in the role and they shouldnā€™t.

5 Likes

We are trying to establish an inclusive swarm that is reasonably compensated and welcoming. We intentionally allocated extra HNY for ā€˜contract supporterā€™ to allow more supporters If needed. We also intentionally designed it to be a revolving door for others to get an opportunity. We will post line item payment.

2 Likes

This is the same as fauna. Letā€™s just restructure fauna if weā€™re going to do this. No need to create 2 groups that do the same thing. Iā€™m fine with funding, or not, whatever nbd imo.

That said, funding seems to come with itā€™s own set of challenges like the community getting mad every time a new funding proposal for the swarm is made. This has overall made me pretty cynical about funding a role with this set of responsibilities.

As for the actual proposal that has been made here(regardless of if a new role is made, or repurposing old role):

• I think the requirements are too strict. I donā€™t think for example you should expect anyone to be here 7 days a week as a requirement, even if they usually are of their own accord.
  • Only 8 days a month off?
  • I donā€™t like the resemblance to toxic corporate structures that we are trying to overcome through DAOs.

Overall I donā€™t like this proposal as stated, I will likely not be supporting it.
The one positive aspect of this proposal imo would be the move toward election/higher inclusivity of community members into moderation and leadership roles. That said, itā€™s unclear what the mechanism would be for this election process. Weā€™ve seen in the past that most forms of voting and surveys through discord and discourse are easily abusable. Also, thereā€™s not really a way to offer 1 person 1 vote in a pseudonymous community. How do you get past these problems? Is it token weighted voting?

1 Like

I AM AGAINST THIS PROPOSAL IN THE CURRENT STATE

This is why:

• Such an org doesnā€™t require a coordinator role.

• There should be more Community Supporters to cover more platforms and timezones.

• It should be more inclusive and have a rotation of elected members to distribute more fairly positions.

• Payouts should be tiered by availability and platform (Say Discord gives more work than Telegram).

• Moderation should not be something given or changed on a weekly basis and fauna should keep that role. Soft-Mod permissions may be relevant for proper conduction of work though.

What should be changed:

1. We can make an organization with the Aragon Template Membership. In which every member gets 1 voting right.

2. Every week one member is added or re-added to the group. 1 member is removed. This should be done in rotations so that everyone gets kicked and added to reset the cycle.

3. I recommend at least 6 members. 3 per platform for each timezone (US, EUROPE, ASIA) and the payouts rebalanced. Worth mentioning discord members get an added bonus from Pollen.

1 Like

Good luck guys, sounds like iā€™m not needed here. Once the proposal is up though, ill gladly support your group. Thanks!

2 Likes

I am open to see new faces as community supporters and it was not my intention to get in the both swarms,it just happens that i have more free time to dedicate to 1hive right now and that is why i like the rotations which were planned in the proposal that @Monstrosity did, i dont see why Luigy thinks the proposal is not inclusive enough . I would suggest only the most consistent Fauna members to be paid and to include helpful members like @DogeKing , @Stonky @sp7290 @boring877 etcā€¦

Also i will let you guys decide who will get these duties , ofcourse we will all help in the free time, but those that will be paid should be online and consistently active and dedicated.

I am planning to step out from the support duty and focus only on Buzz now, this arguing can just suck the positive energy we are keep trying to spread around.

I would like to see action and execution from the member that are arguing against this proposal. Lets get something constructive guysā€¦

3 Likes

South america does not exist? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

why do you think that the seeds needs to take action over something in the community? we are just early contributors, proposals can be passed without seeds voting power, things need to be discussed among all of the community members and not just seeds. Sorry but everytime that i read something like ā€œSeeds need toā€¦ā€ ā€œseeds this other thingā€ get me into a weird state hahah

^^ hi rperez, I do think that, because seed hold significant amount of hny, and if you gather all seed hny that could have more then 25% of total supply of hny.

Thats why community look for seed approval.

1 Like

These are the key points we have from last call we had.

Removing people from the fauna is something that we dont agree with. (let me know if you have different thoughts)

we plan to have another organization That diffrent from the fauna, and that new orgaziation can be more flexible and more easy to manage. (New Aragon)

The new organization should not have more privilege then the fauna. and fauna can remove the new mods from the team if they abuse their power.

The new Organization can be sup-branch from fauna or can be alone ( which way is fine)

The new organization (mod) should changed every week or month.

Also this nice comment from luke " Only clarification, I guess is I would consider the fauna organization still being the moderators (but remain uncompensated), and the new organization being a support and soft-mod role that is compensated (funded via the proposal)."

the place where funding should be. https://aragon.1hive.org/#/supportdao/

3 Likes

Thanks for everyones feedback you can vote on the proposal here

community-supporter-proposal

3 Likes

Fauna has already stepped down from onboarding responsibilities.
Buzz DAO and @Monstrosity have been doing virtually all of the onboarding.

Iā€™ve been tagging @lkngtn when Iā€™ve run into issues, and others, but Luke has been the only person whoā€™s responded.

Tbh the whole onboarding journey needs rebuilt, Fauna needs reconstructed, and .75 Honey a week is in no way adequate for the patience and skill required to do this work that so many of us have been doing for free.

1 Like

Thank you for your post @Monstrosity and thanks @solarmkd for mentioning me.

On this one Iā€™m quite Swiss at the moment :smiley: ; I believe that Moderation around channels is not so needed as we all kind of try to do that, and I honestly never felt the need of fauna. By this I donā€™t mean it is/was useless, but rather than every member of the community has been, at least to me, helpful in different occasions.

However, I do like the changing role, as sharing responsibilities is a concept I like very much. I also think that helping on Discord, in general, is often rewarded also in pollen, so maybe thereā€™s already a little compensation.

Personally, I am kind of overwhelmed right now; Very willing to offer my help on Telegram as I tried to do in the past, but without a defined commitment, at least for the foreseeable future. But Discord is becoming a place with countless channels and conversations are, at times, repeating. That is something that kind of ā€œscaresā€ me, as newcomers may have less and less idea of what to do.

Some of you guys are working around the clock for 1Hive and I would be supporting the proposal. I am truly grateful and thankful for the work many of you guys are putting for the growth and success of this community.

9 Likes

Since this is likely to pass because of a few people I am going to stand with @luigy and @befitsandpiper as against this proposal.

Predominantly because that I see most of this being in the already existing Fauna role and that if this proposal passes then we can just burn all the Fauna tokens and close up that swarm formally.

People keep saying this is a Fauna role, but I havenā€™t seen Fauna doing it for at least a couple of months.
Iā€™m stepping back from it, and I anticipate the people still named in the proposal will step back from onboarding as other responsibilities in the community take precedence.

We are launching several game-changing protocols through February and into March, and several side projects are also nearing completion.

When the compensation was twice what currently is being proposed I briefly considered lobbying for the role, but once I thought it through I realized that my time would be better spent adding value in other ways.

Again, there are projects advertising similar roles at $80K per year per person, and weā€™re arguing over paying a team of four what could well be under $50K per year, depending on what $HNY does.

Even if Honey hits ATH again, thatā€™s still well under the industry standard, at $63K per person.

No, waitā€¦ Team of five.
$50.4K per person per year if Honey is at ATH.

via GIPHY

1 Like

Thatā€™s a good one, $80K per year for onboarding new members on discord & moderation.
Since you like to refer to other projects, there are also other projects where people do it for free.

1 Like

$100k a year to manage Discord etc.

great work cant wait

1 Like

That application looks like 1 person doing the buzz swarm + fauna swarm and beyond.
You are talking about $80K salaries for discord onboarding lol.

So everyone now has the experience & qualifications to be a community manager and receive $80K a year, seems like your in the wrong place and should apply for such a nice paid job then.

3 Likes

Well, I put my support into this proposal, and I have reasons for supporting it as an independent member, who is not involved with either Fauna or the team who will be in this Community Supporter group.

I see that the roles will be rotating members, which perfectly aligns with 1hive. I mean we are a DAO. And what distinguishes us from other so-called DAOs is that we are inclusive, which has downsides as well, as people may not be around for a while. And this is expected for sure as people may have a lot going on in their lives at certain periods and may not find enough time to allocate supporting the community. Therefore, if people undertake that they will be around to support newcomers, and we highly anticipate a lot of new people to be onboarded in the following month, then why not compensate their efforts?

And the other reason I put my support into this proposal is because this requests only 18 HNY from the common pool, not a huge amount in my opinion. Sorry, Iā€™ll be salty here, but we literally wasted much more than this amount for honeycomb, which didnā€™t result in any sustainable liquidity on Honeyswap, plus adding a huge sell pressure for HNY. However, I do believe that people who undertake to become Community Supporters are unlikely to create any sell pressure, and this I think, is a good example of allocating resources from the common pool. If one valuable member is onboarded into the community with the help of community supporters, it may easily add much more value to 1hive ecosystem as a whole. And community is important for us. We are not like the other so-called ā€œDAOsā€, where the leading members put up proposals and the rest just vote ā€œforā€ those to be implemented. And we need to educate newcomers to the community.

Well, and Fauna group was very active when I first came to 1hive; however, I do see the reasons led to this proposals due to reluctance of Fauna to take any further action. I also consider what Fauna has done so far rather valuable in especially during the bootstrapping phase of the Discord for instance. But we need more than moderation. For example, ideally, we would expect people to read the community covenant and act accordingly in the community. However, we know that people are lazy in nature, and they need a two-way communication to fully grasp the idea of a certain ā€œnewā€ set of rules.

And regarding the remuneration, we are not assigning duties to anyone here in our community. What we are doing is ā€œpropose something, get support from the community, and do itā€. So, we are not hiring community managers or any other staff. Speaking personally, I am more than glad to help newcomers onboarded for free because this is a hobby for me. I donā€™t have any other thing to hang out on discord and help anyone who have problems on metamask, on honeyswap, on migrating to xdai and all. However, providing an incentive to do this, and this is really not a huge monetary incentive especially asking only 18 HNY here, is great in my opinion.

8 Likes