Community Supporter Proposal
This proposal is to create a small and flexible group of supporters to make the role inclusive and effective.
This is not meant to be a large swarm with tremendous overhead. Just an effective small team being adequately rewarded for doing a necessary job. The main reason for a small team is to address the the accountability hyperbole dilemma for ‘‘when it is everyone’s responsibility, it is no-one’s responsibility.’’
We have a lot of activity planned over the next month and we should be prepared.
As we onboard members we need people who are actively able to support onboarding and to bridge the gap where pollen still needs improvement such as telegram and the help channel.
Areas of Focus:
Telegram, Discord, and Discourse
- Model the values of an actively engaged 1hive member
- On board new members and help to answer questions
- Act on communities request and/or behalf of community for when moderation is needed.
- Manage and improve pinned postings for communication and updates
This is a very difficult position due to the tremendous visibility and ‘relatively’ good pay compared to most of 1hive jobs. To avoid the perception that this swarm is only for those who are part of the in-crowd there will only be 4 temporarily assigned positions and a budget for contracting temp support if needed:
One (1) Coordinator
- Must individually be reelected each month
- Maximum of a 4 month term
- Creates the new proposal.
- Coordinates among the team and 1hive the next position including announcements
- such as who is first to step down
- Minimaly updates pinned post, FAQ, and on-boarding new member documentation
- Establish a fair payment method process for contracting temp support.
- Such as measuring help activity
- Must ensure timely weekly payouts
- Ensure proper balance in coverage among discord, discourse, telegram
- Enusures every supporter is individually fairly elected monthly for renewal into the role with the maximum stay of 3 months
- Minimum of 1 moderator must step down or be removed from the team
- After 1 month absence the member can rejoin the team for a max stay of 3 months
Four (4) Community Supporters
- 1 must step down each month, all must individually be re-elected each month,
- Maximum 3 month term
- Responsible for onboarding/helping/moderating open and support discord channels, discourse, and telegram
- Community is the primary moderator. Community supporters are just act on the request of the community but can independently help when they see something that is in violation of covenant.
- If the supporter has any visibility that they will not be active for the entire duration of the month they should step down and/or pay reduced.
- The supporters should not be inactive for more than 3 consecutive days and no more than 8 total days in a month. They are expected be present 7 days a week.
- Role may only be active 10-20hrs a week but should be responsive
Team Information (For Funding Proposals)
The following members have shown they are actively engaged in the community, are resourceful at finding the answers they may not know, and model 1hive values.
- @Blazar - Coordinator - experience assisting with much of the Buzz dao coordination
- @Boring877 - Supporter
- @Solarmkd - Supporter
- @Escanor - Supporter
- Open Supporter Member FILLED @DogeKing
Funding Information (For Funding Proposals)
The budget was established assuming in a 24hr day 30 days in a month at $10 hr it would cost $7,200. We will not be requiring 24/7 coverage at $10/hr but we will have guidelines to what our expectations for coverage are documented above.
Consider = 24hrs * 30days * $10/hr = $7,200 = ~24 HNY (at $300 / hny)
- Proposal is for 18 HNY = $5,400
- Payout will be weekly to avoid complacency of large lump sum and consistency of payment and support activity.
- 9 HNY for 3 supporters
- 0.75 HNY per week per member (4 week duration)
- 3 HNY for 1 additional member open to community (4 week duration)
- 3 HNY for coordinator
- 0.75 HNY per week (4 week duration)
- 3 HNY for contracting temp support team
- Held in moderator aragon DAO to allow team to remain small but agile and flexible.
- If demand increases the team will have a minimal budget to contract some temporary additional support without being delayed by the voting process.
Ethereum address where funds shall be transferred:
Not established at this time