Community Supporter Proposal

Hey all, I took a few days to gather my thoughts so as not to say anything rash and unfounded. First of all I think there were some issues with the way the proposal was originally portrayed and vouched for. Iā€™m very glad that those seem to mostly be solved after the meeting that was had this past week. Iā€™ll quickly outline what those concerns were before I move on to what I think of the proposal in its current state.

My original concerns were mainly:

• Centralization of power/funds within this proposal
  • Contrast with and criticism of Fauna
  • Origin of support

I think the first issue has been discussed enough and is not something I want to bring attention to again, so Iā€™ll just briefly mention my questions about the second and third point.

I think it is safe to say that this proposal will be/has been compared to the original Fauna proposals. As such the first thing that struck me is that community members who were strictly against Fauna funding seem to be in favor of funding this proposal, namely @monstrosity and @linca. I would like to ask for further clarification why this proposal deserves their support which the Fauna proposal did not. I am not trying to turn this into an us vs them discussion, this is purely a question I ask to help understand your perspective.

To address concerns people seem to have with Fauna:

I think at this point the role of Fauna has been discussed at length. I donā€™t see Fauna having mod privileges on discord as an issue, and donā€™t understand how we are holding power or giving a bad example to the rest of the community. Should Fauna be adapted to the current situation now that it is no longer funded? Yes, probably, however I think itā€™ll take some initiative from members who are inactive (me included) to get that going, which is something Iā€™m willing to do during the next few weeks.

I donā€™t think insinuating that Fauna is not doing its job when itā€™s no longer funded (and you are vouching for funding for a different group to do similar work) is right. Again, there almost seems to be a certain hostility towards Fauna which I find unfounded. Please elaborate where this is coming from, and why this needs to be brought up over and over.

Moving on to the proposal in itā€™s current state, I have a few questions but generally like it as is:

What will the process be of this election? How can people campaign to be the new coordinator, and how do we ensure this stays a fair process?

What happens when no member is willing to step down? Currently the members that are willing to do this work are community members with 1hiveā€™s best interest in mind, but at some point there may be members who are doing it just for the money.

Finally to propose a change:

I think the payments should be in line with the mechanism pollen uses. Pollen very simply takes 15,000$ as their weekly budget capped at 33 HNY as can be read here: https://wiki.1hive.org/getting-started/pollen#total-distribution
This mechanism falls in line with the sentiment of the proposal as weā€™re trying to reward community members for work that has previously been unrewarded (between Faunaā€™s last proposal and now). If the total USD amount in HNY falls below whatever budget this proposal ends up requiring the contributors will be incentivized to hold onto the larger amount of HNY they received until a higher price point.

Closing thoughts:

In general I am not against this proposal as I am in favour of funding tasks like this. I do think there may be some concerns regarding double pay through pollen and other swarms. These things I consider growing pains and would not stop me from supporting a proposal as long as they are adequately dealt with.

p.s. A lot of discussion nowadays seems to happen in pretty impulsive meetings. It would be great if these could be, at the very least, documented in a hackmd. Ideally they would be rescheduled to a later time/date and recorded, so they can be referenced on the forums or in discord. I miss out on a ton of stuff because I do not have the time to attend meetings. I would love to read about what is discussed and be able to weigh in that way.

8 Likes

Hey, the reason i prefer this proposal is because they are asking 18 HNY and will do the same job with less people and for less money, but when i proposed to use the same strategy as pollen does and use a minimum required HNY and a maximum in $ amount the only person against this was metaverde and started to act arrogant & condescending towards me & Rayne when everyone was having a civil conversation and comparing discord onboarding to community managers that get $80K a year so i withdrew my support because especially swarms should be cordial with one and other for the project to succeed longterm and in this case the proposal is going to take over Fauna duties while Fauna keeps their status so a transition of duties between 2 parties should happen in good faith because there will remain an ongoing relation between those 2.
metaverde is currently in buzz swarm and who knows if sheā€™ll be in this one once it starts rotating so the way sheā€™s acting towards Fauna & unwilling to cap the payout like pollen because she compares it with $80K salaries of community managers is keeping me from supporting it at this time.

Preface

I havenā€™t really responded much since all the discussion started to unfold but I wanted to get a general reply out there. If anyone has anything to discuss with me I really welcome and actually encourage we talk in a phone call.

I just want to share some of my thoughts.

We are all on the same team. I believe we should assume positive intent and give ppl an opportunity to try. I donā€™t mind ppl saying negative comments or challenging comments towards me but keep in mind I am getting zero honey for this proposal. Take myself out of the picture imagine if someone joining 1hive attempts to propose an idea on behalf of another team and the conversation ensues like it has all over 18hny, we really need to take a hard look at that.

I would like to thank all 40+ addresses who supported the proposal. It looks like this proposal will pass,

I just ask that if this proposal passes you may not approve 18 hny but please commit to the team decision (Ie the fact that if the proposal passes you support it, if it fails we should all support that decision as well)

Development of the Proposal

This is what I wanted to post as the original proposal, no fluff, just:

We are asking for 18hny we want a small team to work together to make a(n)

1. inclusive
  2. rewarding
  3. and effective at onboarding/helping team

The team will figure it out how to create that process. If they suck then donā€™t fund them next month. I believe these members are trustworthy and will do the job to the best of their ability.

That said, after review the proposal become more strict in an attempt to gain more support.

I alone initiated this proposal, I looked through the currently active contributors in tg and discord help and landed on a few ppl some ppl who have declined after negations on the proposal developed because of it likely being ā€œhigh stress and low pay" unfortunately this was one of the primary problems I was trying to solve with this proposalā€¦ We pushed on, The team helped to finalize on the few listed plus an additional open spot in an attempt to be welcoming so anyone interested could join.

This proposal was focused around the idea that we need to get ahead of a potential flood of new members asking for help. With buzz about to spend around 20 hny to hit marketing hard for a potential alt rally, agaave, Mainnet, honey issuance, Celeste, xdai-matic bridge, honeyswap v3, and much more. I simply wanted to get ahead of this before we end up scrambling last minute. With this proposal I wanted to do a few things:

1. I wanted to set the example of paying ppl a competitive pay so they donā€™t have to do multiple other jobs. I simply wanted to make a proposal where ppl can come to 1hive and do a job and be rewarded for it. they can focus on one job and do it well (the proposal started at 38hny, dropped to 25hny, and the team landed on 18hny). Unfortunately I feel I lost this initial intent and at the time of the proposal we are no longer able achieve this goal. Although I am disappointed I am open and willing to compromise on this in an effort to maybe one day seeing this change. If we are able to set this process up and be effective maybe we can pave the way for a future team to be rewarded competitively. (Ie these initial members will do a ton of work for very little pay so some one else may have the opportunity at a rewarding position for both 1hive and the individual to grow and develop into)
  2. I wanted the swarm to be welcoming & inclusive so I outlined that they would be temporary and not a club I feel I need to say this: this is NOT an attack at other swarms, this is simply the goal of THIS individual specific proposal. We felt this to be extremely challenging and will require a tremendous amount of work to fairly pay as many ppl as possible who help. What happens when one person is left off of pay? They will be upset. Maybe some will feel entitled to pay, maybe others jealous, who knows. money always does funny things to ppl. Whoever is responsible for taking on this challenge imo will be sacrificing a lot. Given the proposal is only 18hny out of a pool of 8,000 I felt this is an experiment worth attempting. If they utterly fail then 18hny gone so be it we donā€™t renew it next month. I felt putting in strict rotation requirements would help provide guidance around this concept.
  3. Similarly, I wanted high accountability, high turnover therefore I wanted the number in the roles to be small only 3 (team expanded this) so it is very apparent if anyone isnā€™t working. also a weekly pay not a monthly pay, again for accountability. Due to the work already put into this and no current funding I think people will be handing over their position on a weekly basis but due to the amount of work around this those that take their place will be onboarded a week in advance with zero pay.

This is NOT a Fauna Proposal

I feel I should have done a better job communicating This but This is NOT Fauna and this role is NOT the same. Fauna appeared to be more of a mod role. This is primarily is for encouraging developing growing onboarding and help effectiveness. I see a day were 1hive may have 4 discordā€™s and multiple ā€˜supporterā€™ swarms, potentially multiple GitHubs, multiple source cred instances, a truly decentralized community. But thatā€™s for another discussion. Whatever fauna wants to do going forward is up to fauna anyone can make a proposal.

This proposal really has very little mod expectations, it expects the community and others to do that but it will support it if needed.

I was hopeful the team would feel energized and want to dedicate every second of their lives over the next couple weeks driving this hard with a few maybe stepping down after the first month but I think due to some outcomes I told the team recently, ā€œI am becoming more open to turning over one person per week. Letā€™s bring our replacements in the loop now for a good handoff so nothing stops. Its difficult to be that unstable and Unfortunately they will have to do a lot of work for about a week at zero pay but Maybe thatā€™s what has to happen to get this process developed.ā€ So here we are:

Current State of Proposal

Goals:

1. To help with onboarding & troubleshooting
  2. Highly active team (high accountability no work = no pay)
  3. Inclusive, to have a fast turnover of people in community supporter role
  4. Develop community people trained (team of 5 to consult with each other)

Budget
18HNY total (15 HNY) distributed amongst 5 members and (3 HNY) for the community as the team establishes process for how to encourage and incentivizes community supporters and who/how rotations occur.

Some others being considered but we have yet to get their feedback or interests seeker, anthony, hernandoagf, Felix, befitsandpiper, Stonky

Maximum 3 month term, 1 week minimum. The team is still trying to establish how new members are going to take the places of others.

At end of the month we will asses how it went.

15 Likes

I appreciate this explanation and agree with the sentiment that itā€™s worth the 18 HNY to experiment. Iā€™m still hoping to see some explanations on the election process but thatā€™ll come with time Iā€™m sure.

2 Likes

Payout for work from week feb 8

We recognize the level of support for this proposal. Our attempt is to do our best so the community may grow in support of the teams efforts. One of our major goals was that we set the example for paying competitve rates. With honey at $600 now I believe we have achieved that. I am hopeful that the future efforts will only get better so both 1hive and the individuals involved feel as though they mutually benefit one-another.

Telegram activity

• DW received 0.158 HNY
  • Sandpiper received 0.114 HNY

Discord (none at this time, bot was setup on sunday)

• None at this time

Supporter role

• Boring - 0.75 HNY
  • Blazar removed himself from team. Was replaced by Felix
  • Felix - .75HNY
  • Escanor - 0.5 HNY (activity lower due to help volume low)
  • Dogeking - .75HNY
  • Solarmkd - .75HNY

Total payout for the week ~3.77HNY,

• 0.382HNY under budget tracking
  • Averaging 16.35HNY / mo

For now while this is still new we have 3HNY for community. 3HNY for 5weeks = 0.6HNY per week. 0.3HNY for tg/week if volume is stable. 0.3 hny for discord/week if volume is stable. As of right now most of this is subjective. We are still collecting data. For the last 30 days we averaged just under 200 msg/day then it bumped up to about 350 msg per day. We are going just randomly select normal traffic is an average of 350msg perday. This past week was 318 msg per day so of the 0.3HNY we will distribute 0.3HNY * (318/350) = 0.2725 HNY

Of that honey it was distributed proportionally based on messages. Criteria for selection will probably be constantly changing to address gamers and though it is not perfect this is what we have today.
ā€¢ Days since joined must be > 30
ā€¢ Length of message >2%
ā€¢ > 200 msg for the week
ā€¢ Sorted by messages

8 Likes

Community Supporter Second Month Proposal

-> Proposal Can ve voted on Here <-

How the honey was distributed last month:

1st week:

• Dw 0.158
  • sanpiper 0.114
  • boring 0.75
  • felix 0.75
  • escanor 0.5
  • dogeking 0.75
  • solarmkd 0.75

2nd week:

• boring 0.5
  • felix 0.5
  • escanor 0.75
  • dogekin 0.75
  • solar 0.75
  • dw 0.09
  • sanpiper 0.13
  • mrt 0.05
  • jasper 0.1
  • Rayne 0.05

3rd week:

• Felix 0.25
  • Sandpiper 0.75
  • Mrt. 0.75
  • Dogeking 0.75
  • lEscanore. 0.75
  • meta 0.075
  • enti 0.075
  • efra 0.075
  • hernando 0.075
  • Dw. 0.1
  • Jasper. 0.1

4th week:

• Jasper
  • lEscanore
  • Dw
  • DogeKing
  • Sandpiper
  • Facilitator Monstro 2

Again our goals remain the same:

• To help with onboarding & troubleshooting
  • Highly active team (high accountability no work = no pay)
  • Inclusive, to have a fast turnover of people in community supporter role
  • Develop community people trained (team of 5 to consult with each other)
  • This time we will have a facilitator role; he will be in charge of supervising, reviewing the analytics and paying the correct amount of hny to the supporters.

Budget

This time we are asking for 17HNY at a current average of 1000$ per honey, for (11 HNY) distributed amongst 5 members, (4 HNY) for the community and (2 HNY) for the facilitator. Rotations are voluntary with a maximum of 1 month work.

Second Month, First week team:

Supporters list - Google Sheets

9 Likes

Please make this in a separate thread and link the current thread.

1 Like

Hi, this method looks great to me. Activities if divided into small groups will result in better performance and good results. Thanks