tldr; it would benefit 1Hive to incentivize existing community members to help new people get acclimated.
- The more engaged and talented people we can bring into the DAO, the more the DAO will thrive. Therefore, it would benefit the DAO to improve
- rate of retention (how many people stay), and
- rate of onboarding (how quickly people understand how the DAO works and can contribute effectively)
- DAOs are inherently chaotic. That’s not a bad thing, but it is something that can make it challenging for new people to understand what’s going on or how they can start getting involved in the DAO
- Good documentation is important and necessary, but will never be able to communicate nuance or context in the same way as conversation with a human
- Create a system that pairs more established community volunteers (ScoutBees) with new community members (NewBees)
- NewBees must stake a small amount of HNY (e.g, 0.1) as a measure of good faith to join the program. This will be returned to them on exit from the program.
- NewBees are matched with ScoutBees based on overlapping availability (time zones, work schedules). Perhaps other criteria - TBD?
- ScoutBees are expected to chat with NewBees and help them understand where to find the information they need, introduce them to other members of the DAO, and generally act as a friendly, approachable point of contact as they learn to make their way around the hive.
- In exchange for their effort, ScoutBees can claim a reward at fixed milestones for every NewBee that becomes a participating member of 1Hive, e.g., 0.2 HNY at 3months, 0.3 HNY at 6months, 0.5 HNY at 12months
- Bad faith bounty claims by ScoutBees can be disputed and arbitrated through Celeste
- What would be the fastest / easiest way to pilot this kind of program to see if it provides value to the DAO? 3 months?
- Could we trust someone to administrate the NewBee stake and Scoutbee rewards before going to the trouble/expense of building smart contracts?
- What is our threshold for “participating member” to determine success for ScoutBee rewards? Can we use Pollen as an appropriate yardstick?
- What is the appropriate staking amount? What is the appropriate reward amount?
What do ya’ll think?
Would it be worth working towards a finalized version of this as a proposal?
What could be improved?
How would you answer the open questions?