ETH Denver 2022

Anyone thinking about attending ETH Denver in February? :mountain_snow:

I had a fantastic time in Denver for MCON with @paul @fabriv @lkngtn @pab @metaverde and @gabi + @fioreb (albeit briefly) : ) … and think it would be really cool to head out there again this winter!

My understanding is that the event is free to attend, with various exclusive events alongside the main stage, etc. As a result, the primary expenses will entail travel and lodging…not sure if there are any sponsorship spots remaining but will inquire. :+1:

Any of yall :honeybee: s interested? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

10 Likes

Just checked it out. Long event but would cool if I could make it out to one of these events. What would be the proposed dates?

3 Likes

I would love to go! let’s make a list of interested bees

2 Likes

I am definitely interested.

2 Likes

looks like its broken into a few parts; think the main event runs 2/18-20.
personally, the chance to be in person with fellow bees and other buidlers > main stage schedule lol
…so even the Breckenridge retreat days (21-24) sound interesting to me; i could probably swing a week total : )

1 Like

awesome! yea, maybe on Wed we start a group chat on discord with folks that have replied?

1 Like

lets dao it meta : ) going to be a lot colder than last time tho :cold_face: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

@twells I hope one day to attend one of these events and meet many bees. There, I would like to apply but I do not have a visa for the USA! in case it’s there :honeybee:

1 Like

count me in!
cc @jomalon

3 Likes

I can’t completely commit just yet, but pretty sure I can make it. Thanks for the ping @twells

5 Likes

Of course! Hope all is well @lkngtn :pray:

sweeet - looking forward to passing that :herb: with you again @pab :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

hmmmm, yes its in the US…wonder how hard it would be for you to get a tourist visa? prob harder now with omricon : / but if it were simply a matter of money I bet 1Hive could make another DAO first by financing a travel visa for a community member :honeybee:

1 Like

I would love to go and hang out with you guys more than the previous time!
We will need to check the travel restrictions because of Covid to see if we can go :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Would love to join too! MCON was so great.

4 Likes

Assuming my little one is healthy, I’ll be there.

ETH Denver really is, in my eyes, the best blockchain/crypto conference on the West Coast.

I’ve done 1/2 of all of the LA Blockchain Summits–it used to be Crypto Investor Summits–and they are good too, but it’s a lot more Hollywood, media personalities that have pivoted into the space and it’s light on the devs. Every city has their specialities and having a conference in LA just brings that element, which we absolutely need in blockchain to move forward the mass adoption front.

I like telling people the story about going to a conference afterparty and sitting at a table with influencers and talking to one of the conference sponsors sitting next to me. He told me his firm’s ambitions, and I’m like, bro, how are you going to convince like 100,000 people to download your wallet and buy bitcoin using your app? He’s all: simple. I convince these ten influencers at the table with us and they’ll broadcast it, as the tech tastemakers, to their followers, who trust their tech savviness. It was an interesting study on PR, which some blockchain projects do well and others don’t. This push ended up being successful in reaching its milestones.

ETH Denver and ETH Berlin seem to be the definite US and European events where devs go to chisel out ideas and engage in long-form conversations and make meaningful connections.

1 Like

oh wow i would love to attend this. The vibes look so good and there is The Schelling Point Gitcoin conference on the 17th of February in Denver as well. Will stay in the loop with y’all and pray to the travel gods. We can dream up the future of trivia.

5 Likes

I’ll be there. Can’t wait to meet y’all! :honeybee: :honeybee: :honeybee:

3 Likes

wat if we rent a space for live trivia.

5 Likes

I’ll be there @twells, buying you, @paul, and whomever else wants one a beer!

3 Likes