Fauna (Moderation) Swarm Proposal

Removing/adding a user to the fauna DAO requires a majority of all fauna members. Besides that this DAO doesn’t have any other powers except to spend the funds once the proposal passes, in this case 10 HNY. So if over 50% of the fauna members go rogue the worst that could happen is they steal 1 month worth of funds, after which the community can decide to relieve them of their permissions and decline any other funding proposals.

4 Likes

Oh i see, thanks for the clarification @Jasper
thats a robust voting structure imo.
I support this proposal

Definitely every one will support this. The hard work of Fauna team doing is really a great :+1: thing and the requested fund for this team is also fair. I support this proposal buddy.

You need a German speaker in that group. That could be me

Thank you all for your consideration and hard work over the past month. The Fauna swarm would also like to thank members of the community, and introduce the Fauna awards. A portion of funding given to Fauna will be distributed to those who have been helping in support channels, and contributing positively to the community. This is something that may change, so we appreciate the contributions in support, but don’t expect this to be the standard. It is time for another round of funding for the Fauna swarm.

Funding Requested:

• Funding requested for this round of funding is 30HNY. Details are as follows:
    • To keep economic value tied to USD, Fauna is requesting 3HNY per member for this round of funding. To support the community, 2HNY of this will be provided to the Fauna awards, meaning members of the Fauna swarm will receive 2.8HNY each.
    • This is in line with around $10,000 per month for moderation duties and other requirements of Fauna

Fauna Updates:

• 2 new Fauna members have been added: SolarMKD and Fresh. We believe they will have a positive impact on the group, and that this addition to Fauna will benefit the community as a whole
    • These members will not receive funding until the 3rd round
  • Additionally, ‘status’ Fauna members have been removed, all members of Fauna are members of the Fauna swarm (with the exception of Paslar)

Fauna Awards:

We want to thank everyone for their support in the community, so we will be giving a portion of our funding to the fauna awards. For this first round, each awardee will receive 0.25HNY. Congratulations to:

• theseeker, berserk, felix, satushmuppaneni, sp7290, boring877, omahs & oliver_30
    • If this proposal passes, 0.25HNY will be sent to each of your pollen addresses

Link to proposal here: https://1hive.org/#/proposal/70

11 Likes

I agreed and support this proposal but who anyone let me know a reasonable why we should have this proposal while we also have check-in channel which given more cred to fauna as well as seed team ? Should we delete check-in channel in discord ?

Hey Wikisum, thanks for your concern! The check-in channel currently does not mint any cred. So no one in check in channel is receiving any bonus from pollen. Hope that clears things up for you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can’t believe that HNY fell from $1200 to $288 and all fauna can think of right now is how to increase pay X3 even thou discord and forum hardly witness any activity these days. tenor

@Kryptobi how is this an x2 increase in pay, given the difference in price between proposals? It seems to be pretty constant in dollar terms.

2 Likes

It does not matter about the price. Its x3 HNY

If you feel that 10-14 hours a day is over pay i simply ask that you take my postion and see how it would feel for the same amount of money. Fauna is not just moderating and deleting stuff that doesnt fit the covenant. As you recall i did a 1v1 personal tutorial with you, that was part of fauna pay…etc

6 Likes

i’m very sure there are many bees that will gladly take your place, maybe its just me but i think fauna just like other swarms should be, and set an example for the rest of the bees. By asking for Double the Amount of HNY, are you saying you lost hope HNY will ever rise in value again? and are not wiling to hold HNY but rather sell for quick $$$ ? Besides what do you do that bees like @anisoptera, @Monstrosity, @boring877 etc are not already doing? I don’t see them here making a case to be paid. Honestly it looks bad, especially at this time that we hardly witness activity since HNY significantly lost value and members. This is the time when fauna should be hyper active looking for how to help the DAO, and not looking to get more HNY. From what i can see, only a few fauna members are always active anyway.
But wait a minute, you mean to tell me the only reason you told me how to link stuff on posts was because of the pay? I don’t want to believe that’s the case Dosh.

Well im not to sure why you are connecting the price to fauna…and id be glad to give up my spot and work on more beneficial things that i think will bring higher value. I dint do the tutorial for the fuana pay but as fauna i felt an obligation to new comers to welcome them in the community. I thought you were doing amazing work and i felt the need to assist you with your article. As for other obligations i have fulfilled under fauna those include HR,PR,Marketing and sales. If anyone feels that they can do my job id be more then happy to give it up. I spend roughly 90 hours a week for 1000usd per month. If we were to calculate that in dollar value that would equate to 2.7 dollars per hour for the work i do. I also live in Canada were i live extremely modestly and i require 2k per month to be able eat yet alone afford anything. So please if anyone wants to replace me step up now!

So you mean that you sold all HNY you earned for spent your life ?

sorry i did not understand the question. if you are talking about if i sold my honey. no i did not you can go and look if you like

1 Like

I just thought base on what you said above

I still dont undestand what you are trying to ask me wikisum. if you would like to discuss this in discord i can clear things up for you

1 Like

UPDATE - I need to re read op when I have a chance. I am being told the fauna swarm was given a budget and either this is an extension of it or something and if that is the case then that makes more sense. I Stated in my post I didn’t fully understand. I got some more info I need to read, I didn’t have time now and I didn’t want to delete my op.

Original post
I am not sure I fully understand. Does this make this project more centralized by electing paid members? I understand early founders and their compensation but I think focus needs to be on improving SC. I think it still has some gaps, pollen team doing a great job here but ultimately if we want to grow the community we need as many members as possible to have equal opportunity.

Maybe the argument is we are still so early in the project and so much work to do we need to “hire” people I guess?

oh man I’m getting namechecked in here I guess I should weigh in

First, note that one of the people on your list (boring877) actually is getting a payout from this proposal. They’re not explicitly a member of the fauna swarm but the swarm has allocated some funds to pay out to people they think are doing the same sort of work.

Secondly, I am glad we are paying people to do this and I don’t think I would want to be paid to do what they are doing. Sure I help people I guess, but if I were paid I’d feel a lot more pressure and responsibility. Ugh, I might feel like I have to be polite all the time. Nah, I’ll take my pollen that has significantly less strings attached. :wink:

4 Likes

No, it doesn’t. The idea has always been that 1hive is decentralized, and then we can have varying degrees of centralization (if we want) in Swarms that have their own internal processes. 1hive as a DAO can elect to fund these swarms or not, based on whatever we see fit.

Maybe people are not comfortable that Fauna is a good swarm in terms of their mission statement, maybe they are not doing their job, maybe we don’t like the structure etc.

It is totally up to the community to decide to fund them or not, and that is true for every swarm - Buzz, Design, Tulip, Celeste etc. Fauna members are not “employed” by 1hive, Fauna as a DAO is (if this passes) funded by 1hive to perform the duties they say they will, and if they don’t, then we don’t fund them again. Think of it as a B2B transaction - Fauna provides a service for 1hive, 1hive pays for it.

5 Likes