Proposal Link: Gardens
Swarm, working group, or contributor name
Who helped with this application?
Description of value created for 1Hive, 18 May - 18 August, 2022
During the time period of 18 May to 18 August:
- 72 people joined Gardens DAOs by signing a Covenant
- 51 proposals were created.
The time period ended with $4.4 million in the Common Pools of Gardens
Gardens did not see much user or DAO growth over the last 3 months, however the existing Gardens have maintained a steady flow of proposals and are proving the strength of 1Hive’s governance structure in an era where DAO governance attacks are becoming more and more common.
How do Gardens create value for 1Hive and Honey?
- Gardens increases adoption of 1Hive’s governance structure. As more people participate in Gardens DAOs, they help prove the value and resilience of 1Hive’s governance model. They also learn about creating and voting on proposals and how the Covenant, Conviction Voting, Celeste, Dynamic Issuance, and Tao Voting work. Spreading knowledge of these tools helps make them more ubiquitous and makes it easier for more people to participate in 1Hive.
- Gardens increases adoption of Honeyswap. When a DAO creates a Garden, they need to add $100 of liquidity between their token and HNY on Honeyswap. Beyond that they can grow liquidity on any DEX and with any pair they’d like, but many Gardens choose to grow liquidity on Honeyswap, and with the HNY pair.
- Total liquidity of Gardens DAO tokens on Honeyswap: $2.5 million
- Total HNY liquidity of Gardens DAO tokens: $1.1 million
With ~20% of Honeyswap’s liquidity, Gardens DAOs make up a significant portion of fees that 1Hive earns from trades on Honeyswap, and create demand for the HNY token.
- Gardens increases adoption of Celeste. Celeste secures our ecosystem, creates demand for HNY, locks supply of HNY (currently 2.1% of HNY is staked in Celeste), and is a critical utility of the HNY token. As a service, Celeste improves at scale, and Gardens helps grow Celeste by adding more communities that contribute to it and rely on it.
- Gardens creates a platform with network effects that multiplies the value of work done by 1Hive. 1Hive so far has successfully incubated an outrageous number of innovative web3 tools, and Gardens plays a key role in growing the value of these tools beyond just 1 community. Fluid Proposals, Vesting App, Water, 1HiveTV, NFBeez and Quests all have benefited from the network effects provided by Gardens.
- Gardens creates visibility for 1Hive. Many people rely on crypto Twitter to hear about tools and projects in web3. Gardens uses Twitter to share our progress and amplify messages from 1Hive and our Gardens communities. Here are the analytics for @gardensdao between 1 June, 2022 and 6 August, 2022:
- Tweets: 24
- Tweet Impressions: 23.5k
- Profile Visits: 13.5k
- Mentions: 119
- New Followers: 67
Description of work completed 18 May - 18 August, 2022
- Gardens TVL added to DeFiLlama
- MVP for the frontend of the Tao Voting demo for Aragon DAO
- Zodiac research and scoping for Gardens v2
- Working demo of Vesting Tokens App
- Initial Frontend work on Poll Proposals
- Continued work on the Fluid Proposals initiative
- Joined the June GnosisDAO call on Twitterspace, featuring Gardens
- Joined an Aragon AMA on Twitterspace talking about 1Hive’s Tao Voting system and the demo being built for Aragon DAO
- Gardens became an official launch partner for Gnosis Wiki - web3 resource built by Gnosis Guild
- Gitcoin Grant for GR14 - raising $6k in Gardens Funding
- Converted 225 HNY raised from 1Hive proposal to $7,800 xDAI using Hedgey OTC Deal, gated for NFBeez and Panvala Stamps holders.
Financials - list the following information for the time period 18 May, 2022 to 18 August, 2022
|Internal||1Hive Funding Proposal||225 HNY|
|External||Gitcoin GR14 Grant||$564 DAI|
|External||Gitcoin GR14 Grant||49,202 GRT|
|External||Giveth Donations||691 GIV|
|Internal||Sprint #31 Payments - Contributors||$1,800 xDAI|
|Internal||Sprint #32 Payments - Contributors||$3,300 xDAI|
|Internal||Sprint #33 Payments - Contributors||$1,270 xDAI|
|Internal||Sprint #34 Payments - Contributors||$820 xDAI|
|Internal||Sprint #35 Payments - Contributors||$1,920 xDAI|
|Internal||Sprint #36 Payments - Contributors|
|Total||$18,290 USD||$9,110 USD|
|Contributor||Payments this season|
Link to hours reporting spreadsheet: Gardens Hours - Google Sheets
Tokens held with balance > $30
|Network||Wallet Address||Token Balance||USD Balance|
|Gnosis Chain||0x1B8C7f06F537711A7CAf6770051A43B4F3E69A7e||5,908 WXDAI||$5,908.00|
|Gnosis Chain||0x1B8C7f06F537711A7CAf6770051A43B4F3E69A7e||1,077 GIV||$55.23|
|Gnosis Chain||0x1B8C7f06F537711A7CAf6770051A43B4F3E69A7e||0.77 HNY||$34,68|
|August||Internal||Contributor Compensation - Basic Income||$2,000|
|October||Internal||Contributor Compensation - est. start of Gardens v2 work||$12,000|
|November||Internal||Contributor Compensation - v2 work||$12,000|
|December||Internal||Contributor Compensation - v2 work||$12,000|
|January||Internal||Contributor Compensation - v2 work||$12,000|
Gnosis Safe or Wallet address funds will go to.
Gardens Gnosis Safe: 0x1B8C7f06F537711A7CAf6770051A43B4F3E69A7e
Plans for how funds will be distributed.
Coordinape, as we did with the Retroactive Funding Pilot