Hi everyone, good morning/afternoon/evening.
I hope you all are doing well.
@erminio and I are pleased to present to you this new section called " Hivecraft Updates and Discussion" which we are planning to do every two weeks or so, presenting here the most relevant updates and also some topics we think need to be discussed in relation to the the server. So, without further ado let’s get started.
Cross play: checked
Minecraft offers cross-platform gameplay for both editions of the game, but in different ways. If you’re playing “Minecraft: Bedrock Edition,” you can play with Windows, PlayStation, Xbox, Switch, and smartphone players. If you’re playing “Minecraft: Java Edition,” you can play with Windows, Mac, and Linux players.
Fortunately, we managed to break these bounds thanks to a proxy protocol that makes connecting to Hivecraft possible even if you are playing on the “Minecraft: Bedrock Edition,” so hopefully you don’t have to pay for the Java edition, if you already have the game on console. However, we are still testing this proxy in case any bugs may arise.
Honey Plots Server practically done
As the title says, honey plots server is completely functional and ready, plot size is 120 x 120 blocks. We have created the nft collection in Unifty, but before minting the nfts we want to discuss some topics about them.
First one being how we are validating users’ plot ownage from their wallets. For now we are planning to use the Collab.land bot in discord and check if the user has a token from the collection address, if so then the bot will assign the user a Honey Plot Owner role in discord. The Minecraft Helper Bee will detect this and give the user permission to claim 1 plot in-game.
This system is currently working but it still has its flaws; for example: the fact that collab land only assigns roles in discord depending on your balance of a certain token limits us to these options: Either we make infinite roles for every amount of plots the user has, or we only allow people to have 1 NFT.
At the moment we are going to limit people to have just one plot NFT for the airdrop at least until we have a way to verify if users have more than one. We have also managed to access the APIs like the Blockscout xDai API, Coingecko’s, etc. we can now print values such as balances and token prices in minecraft, linking addresses to players is possible as well.
The only thing would be to verify that the address is actually the one of the user. We could try and fork collab.land, at least the system which links wallets and discord users. So if you have some tech knowledge in web3 dev you could join us in the development of this essential tool we want to make for the server.
The second topic we would like to discuss would be the price for each plot, we had the idea to make them really cheap, like 5-10 usd in hny, but still want to hear what you guys think.
Finally, as an announcement, we are planning on making an airdrop of plots nfts to every member of the Hivecraft discord server this Friday, June 4th. The dynamics will be the following:
- In order to receive the NFT you must send a message to the #on-boarding channel in the Hivecraft discord server containing your wallet address.
- in order to receive the token from the airdrop properly, you must type the !join command to the Collab.land bot in the #bot-commands and also you must have your discord and your minecraft account linked with the Minecraft Helper Bee (for more info check the server guides), before June 4th to receive the Honey Plot Owner role.
- KitBvB minigame is being redesigned from what we initially proposed*
The Kit Bee vs Bee minigame is being redeveloped to make it far more entertaining and fun. The game still consists in selecting a kit and and just killing other bees in a arena, but now has some extra features:
- Now you’ll spawn randomly in the new arena.
- In-game you will find several honey pots blue and pink randomly spawned in the arena that when you open them you’ll find 3 types of honey items each with a certain value (teaspoon, honey jar, honey block) as well as other items like food, swords, shields, etc.
- Each time you kill someone you will gain a ticket to go to the shop, when you go to the shop you will have 30 seconds to buy upgrades to your kit in exchange for honey items.
- Each kit will have some unique abilities and ways to upgrade them.
- You will gain points by killing and also in relation to the time you survived.
To finish developing the game we are missing the code for the shop, as well as the abilities for the kits. Everything else works for now, kits are still very simple but functional. We will post in the discord server when it’s ready.
For the Hivecraft survival:
Development of dialogues and quest scripts of the 10 npcs has started, we currently have finished writing two of them, specifically the Bee Priest and the Blacksmith.