Honeyswap token list. How to check where a token is from

Once you’re on the token list at Honeyswap, click on the token of your choice. I’ll be using wrapped Ethereum, WETH, in this example.
Clicking on the token will take you to its page.

Click on the token address in the upper left hand corner of the token description.
It’s in blue and starts with 0x. This is linked to Blockscout Explorer and will take you to the token’s xDai chain information page.

Here you can see it says TokenProxy Wrapped Ether on xDai (WETH). This lets you know it’s a token that was brought over from another chain. It’s not the original token address. It’s a stand-in, or in other words, a proxy.
Click on that link, which will take you to this page:

Here you can see "Token is bridged View Original Token ".
The fact that the token has the same name and is bridged doesn’t exactly prove that it’s the token we’re looking for, but it’s a good hint.
Finally click the “View Original Token” link.
That brings us to the Etherscan page for WETH, where we can tell by the information given, like the price and the market cap and the total supply that this is indeed the coin we seek.

Hopefully this helps.
I’ll try to add other examples soon, especially of tokens that seem to mimic popular tokens but that don’t have strong value, trading, or holders.

6 Likes

love it meta, thank you for doing this :)))

1 Like

nice one!! good job!

1 Like

Is the process for checking where a token is from the same on Polygon as it is on xDai?
Hmmm.
Then is there something different to do if it comes from BSC?
Is this something useful to do for different chains?
Or are there slick tutorials someone could give me links to?

1 Like

I would also like to know this for Polygon - I did not see your original post when it was made, this is a great guide thank you

1 Like

I think analytics on honeyswap polygon still in the working and currently the Maticvigil explorer doesn’t have dedicated page for bridged tokens just like Blockscout.

1 Like