HOW TO GUIDE: Getting Funds onto Polygon to Prepare for Launch of Honeyswap

For sure, it’s not actually a necessity. It’s for “just in case” :smiley:

“Although most public RPC nodes work, in times of congestion it’s possible to experience delays in connecting to the network. In order to avoid, Polygon provides a free tier custom RPC for you to use (mainly for developers, but you can also use it). So, for those who are relatively more tech-savvy, we can also recommend getting a custom RPC url at: https://rpc.maticvigil.com/

4 Likes

Added the suggested text!

2 Likes

Thank you for the suggestions. I added some more notes about xPollinate.

1. I considered this, but the $ cost fluctuates with gas prices AND the price of ETH, both of which have been extremely volatile in the past couple months. Unfortunately, I’m forced to conclude that users will just have to check gas estimates before they transact and decide if they’re willing to pay. : /
  2. Does Binance enable direct withdrawal to Polygon? Or just mention it as a possible C-exchange that has MATIC withdrawals?
  3. Added
    4-5. I’ll take a look
2 Likes

Agreed bud, you can estimate it at set prices like 50 gwei. I think the cheap gas we have now is not going to last on main net. The other options will most definitely come in much cheaper than bridging from mainnet. My experience of using binance was that i had to spend like 2$ to move $1000 and xPollinate charges even less.

What i meant was that Binance allows withdrawal of MATIC to polygon… one way is to just convert whatever you want to MATIC and then send direct to a wallet and convert back to other assets using one of the DEXs on polygon like sushiswap, paraswap or quickswap. I guess the risk is volatility in MATIC … but if done within a few minutes … unless extremely unlucky for small amounts I would say the chance of incurring a loss is minimal.
Thanks for keeping up with the comments and making the changes dynamically. Great job!

2 Likes

Great point about xpollinate bridging from BSC. I’ve updated to reflect.

I appreciate the encouragement!

So I actually made a video on how to bridge from xDai to Polygon recently as part of a tutorial for completing the latest RabbitHole Quest. I talk about the Quest in this forum post But here is a link to the video if you want to add it to your lovely, well written, and very thorough guide above.

Feel free to like and subscribe if you feel so inclined. There will be more tips, tricks, and walkthroughs to come :relaxed: :pray:t4:

9 Likes

Hell yeah - updated the guide with video link

3 Likes

I haven’t had a chance to try it out yet, but adding Polygon to my Metamask is on my shortlist.
More feedback soon.

1 Like

Good to see more beez lining up to land on polygon. I have been around Polygon for a month and have to say it is pretty slick! Waiting for our farms to land on polygon and see how we fare against the other DEXs. Meta would be interested to see what your thoughts are and where you end up locking your monies on Polygon!

Thanks for this man, as i told you on the #general channel on Discord, I’d just add a few screenshot to guide even more then newcomer, but this is very nice and clear. Awesome

1 Like

Currently as far as i know, there is one exchange that supports MATIC assets deposits and withdrawal. The exchange is also supports for xdai deposits and withdrawal. The exchange is AscendEx (formerly known as Bitmax.io) might be worth to add the exchange to your guide as a reference. Shorter low cost route than onchain bridging.

Thanks a lot for writing this. Really helpful and informative.

1 Like

@mrtdlgc hey mate… so i signed up for the service using an email. Not sure how to get a custom RPC. Is there instructions somewhere how to do this? Would really appreciate if you are able to type up a few steps if its easy enough? thanks.

Personalmente me es mucho mas efectivo un video , como lo de Rabbit Hole en Youtube se que para la tecnica se necesita la escritura pero los aspectos visuales son universales , gracias

The effects of this innovation push are pretty clear. :+1:t3: :+1:t3:

2 Likes

I think that was what the fed was looking for in “V” shaped recovery

Gracias por la información muy buena guía

1 Like

Never used okcoin but thought it was worth mentionning:

No existe problema si agregue liquides en Matic/USDC en Polygon? busque HNY pero no lo encontre

Nice one curly, great video