In the hive, we all matter šŸ

Iā€™m not sure if you all noticed, but thereā€™s a forum topic that Fauna members created to receive incentives for moderation work. You may think this is not easy or thereā€™s a certain privilege on people with this role, but the truth is that we all have the same power here! :100:

After reading this post then I decided it would be nice to make a topic talking about this.

If you think that your work is valuable for the hive, others are doing similar things and are not being rewarded you can take a similar path of Fauna. Iā€™m gonna reference to the same example of buzz:

A lot of work is being done covering different social networks, visual animations to keep the community heads up with the announcements, etc. You can guys create a DAO here, coordinate all your efforts, and create proposals that go to this DAO to reward everybody putting effort into the swarm.

Why a DAO?
Sometimes creating a proposal and sending funds to a particular address may not sound appealing to some honey holders that will vote in the proposal or even more people in the swarm. If you bootstrap a DAO with all the actors involved, itā€™s way easier to distribute the funds received among all the bees participating, and it will also help you as a group because any decision can be taken by voting in the DAO; this certainly adds a transparency layer for future proposals.

Also, we are on xDai, why not! :honeybee:

16 Likes

This will be useful, Thank you Crisog , is there some manual about how to open this organization through xDai I can only see Main Ethereum and Rinkeby. Any helpful links will be much appreciated.

3 Likes

I can definitely help with that. I will add a few links to this post :high_brightness:

1 Like

I guess Iā€™m not that tech savvy for these things, but if any dao for translators is planned to be opened, I would like to be a part of it as an English to Turkish translator :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This really is true. New members may come into the hive thinking we have all been here forever and earned our privileges by being loyal for a long time.
I have arrived at the hive roughly a month and a half ago, and i felt first-hand that i got rewarded for being helpful and trying to contribute towards the community.
I never felt like i was owed anything, yet i was given a lot of support by the seeds and now that i feel like i am already part of the team i want to extend their gratitude to new people that inspire the same type of vibe.
I donā€™t think anyone is really restricted of reaching anything or doing anything at 1hive and i really hope we can get great people with this mentality, to get all the great things done :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Same here, and it has been great. Buzz happened to have something set up yesterday, so that is coming together already. @crisog is right about everything he said and I canā€™t wait to see what ends up happening :]

2 Likes

I appreciate the kind words about Seed guys!

It might be a bit hard to grasp because 1hive is truly unique in the sense that it is 100% community run and owned. Every bit of profit any 1hive project makes is sent to the Common Pool where anyone can propose funding for anything, as long as the community thinks itā€™s a good idea.

Every project that Seed has built even runs on this model - the faucet, Honeycomb etc. all require the community to periodically fund them at the amounts they find appropriate - even if that is nothing at all.

I think it might take some time for people to adjust to this idea and truly leverage the immense power we all have when it comes to allocating funds, creating projects and collaborating to create more value for 1hive.

Of course I do not mean to say that Seed members have no power at all - but the power we have is mostly social power (or ā€œthought leadingā€ at the risk of cringing at what I just wrote) which (I think) is way easier to deal with than economic/decision power.

Thanks for highlighting this!

5 Likes