Rather not introduce myself by name at this point. Everyone can just call me Eth_Man.
On discord I am RogueTwo#6155
- How I was introduced to 1Hive. By @sandpiper at Maker rocketchat.
- geographically US.
- Background - Long time freelance IT consult team lead on heavy iron (all forms of Unix BSD/SYSV variants) sysadm/system analyst specializing in restoring IT operations and process optimization. Education - physicist M.S. Solid State Theoretical Physics, Plasma Physics, Chemical Physics with a strong secondary background in EE (Both Analog and Digital with a focus on Digital), Human Machine Interface design and optimization, controls, both from a theoretical and practical standpoint.
- Interests are far too numerous to list but run the full gamut from astrophysics, to nuclear and almost everything in between. Strong personal interest in poker, game theory, social dynamics, etc.
- Why I am here because Ethereum L1 tx fees are high and everyone is looking for a solution. What 1Hive is doing with xDAI - the speed of the build and community gathering is impressive. I am highly interested in reducing sybil attacks using some sort of identification protocol, so the use of BrightID here is interesting. I also participate as Eth_Man in reddit.com/r/ethtrader and involved in that community.
I have had a long term (decades now) interest in DAOs generally. Given my interests and fields of study are so diverse I consider myself to have a strong multidisciplinary background and can bring knowledge/studies from many fields to particular problems that most can’t.
- Something you will learn from me because everyone who gets to know me knows they are my pet phrases when it comes to ‘proposals’.
I will often ask.
- What is the goal? and
- By what method(s) will we measure the achievement (or failure) of that goal?
I find good answers to the above two questions to drive success or failure and realize quite often we have to try 1000 times and fail to succeed once. A friend put it a better way. To able to be the genius you have to be willing to be the fool.
Usually with high powered individuals there is a lot of ego and emotion. I continue to work to moderate this because negativity rarely creates a positive result practically as well as socially.