Introduce Yourself to 1Hive Thread

@exec welcome onboard

Welcome all u guys to 1hive

Hello everyone. just came here by my friends.

Hi everyone I am David from Nepal.

I got to know about 1Hive/xDAI when I was searching for a low fee DEFI cause I was using UNISAWP and the gas fee was crazy. I saw some videos on youtube about 1Hive/xDAI and I thought let’s give it a try.
I am a (Web Developer and Motion Graphic Designer) freelancer and I run a small Bootcamp project. And now I am completely interested in blockchain technology and have been taking a course on DAAPS Development.
I would love to be part of the Honey community and be the change in changing society. :innocent: :innocent:

8 Likes

Hello, I’m Tonga from Mendoza, Argentina. I got to know 1hive through @gabi who since already a few years has been encouraging me to study coding, block-chain, etc.
As a bit of personal background, i didn’t go to university, (well, actually i did for 1 month and quit), and even wanted to quit school to play poker at the age of 16 but my mom didn’t let me. As a kid, and son of both chess players, and also by putting a lot of time to study, managed to have a few great results in chess, like drawing https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatoly_Karpov in a simultaneous exhibition at the age of 10, beating him in a timed simultaneous exhibition at the age of 15. Besides that, played two world cups, one u14 and one absolute(without much success though).
Then at the age of 18 started playing poker online, which i did pretty well for some time until the age of 23 aprox. I’m interested in game theory, and probably can help a bit with it since it’s really present in poker by the time you form the ranges, betsizings and betting frequencies. I have experience with piosolver and monkersolver, amongst many other poker studying tools. I made 5 supernova elite (5 million vpps) on pokerstars (which I’m actually really proud of since it takes a lot of hours for many years playing against really good opponents). Then AI kinda took over in poker, so the game I played which was heads up hyperturbos (25bb deep), were solved, and many people started using real time support (cheating) and the games became less and less profitable.
Besides that, I like to work out a lot, mostly going to the gym and last year started doing brazilian jiujitsu, i’m new to it but i love the sport.
I hope you all an Excellent Journey, feel free to add me as a friend on Discord or interact in the channels.

7 Likes

Hi,

Great to read the introductions from such diverse backgrounds and interests above. I’m based in Australia and follow crypto for fun and for some hope in this sometimes gloomy world. It’s great to see new coordination mechanism aligning around novel incentive structures. I think the 1hive community looks great at first glance, having joined it somewhat through the BrightID crew.
I’m interested in bringing artists and folks not so tech savvy into decentralised communities like this one. Also in helping to provide educational support for those self-same people to interact and empower themselves suing (decentralised) technology and communities of practice.
I have a back ground in education and have been using tech since the commodore 64. Still, I’m no dev and would probably refer to myself as a ‘script-kiddie’ as crtl-V is my friend.
Anyway, I’m keen to explore the options for decentralised community building on xDai as, like many of the above, I’ve found Eth mainnet financially exclusive and thus just about the moneyed elite rather than the inclusive communities I think this technology could engender.

3 Likes

Hello awesome people,

I’m a Dutch guy and found out about Honeyswap through others on discord. When i noticed the community was very alive I’ve decided to join the train and was moving some funds over from eth mainnet to onboard all the available pools. Also the fees and transactions speeds are so amazing in comparison with other dexes.

Looking forward to see what this growing community can achieve in the near future but also longterm.

Greetings from Holland.

4 Likes

Welcome to 1hive community

Welcome to the community Echo!!!

1 Like

Hi,

I’m Al-raffy from the Philippines and i heard about 1hive and honeyswap from a youtube crypto influencer. I’m still learning the crypto space and learning the pro’s and con’s of defi. Currently, I’m learning the project and i must say its very interesting and innovative.

5 Likes

Welcome BlocDust, happy you’re here!

Hi everyone!

My name is Oliver I work as a maintenance supervisor in a cigarette manufacturing company. I am an Electronic Communication Engineer. I got in crypto space last year and I learned about 1hive and honeyswap from a youtube influencer that I was following, Chico crypto and Ivan on Tech. I like the concept of this project and DAO’s and I love the honeyswap cheap trading fees. I am reading a lot and slowly learning more about this project and community. Thanks for having me here.

6 Likes

Welcome to the Hive, Oliver!

2 Likes

Hello, I’m Danielle from the Netherlands. Was introduced to 1Hive after hearing some information about HoneySwap and the way it functions. Since the cryptospace has gained my interest the last couple of months I’m trying to learn more about it and also participate in the community.

1Hive sounds like a nice community where I can learn a lot. My background is in law, but currently I’m working for the government.

6 Likes

Thanks @Kuli for a warm welcome

4 Likes

Hello Danielle, Welcome to the best Defi network on Blockchain.

2 Likes

I’m KleinKaroo from South Africa. Love the nice, juicy HNY.

3 Likes

Hello Bees :honeybee: ,

My name is Jeremiah I am a self taught Network Admin and I live in the United States. I am so excited to be part of this community and to see where it goes. I am very hopeful for the future. I have to say that I have been in the Discord (theseeker) for some time now and couldn’t hope for a better group of people. I have been in Crypto since 2017, but mainly as a trader. Recently I have been entertaining the idea of turning my love for Crypto into a side hustle and maybe one day a “job”. I have made up my mind to learn about the blockchain, smart contracts, Solidity…you get the point :laughing:. For now I will be around the Discord and forum learning and helping where I can.

8 Likes

Hi this is Bobby.

I am very happy to be a part in this community. One of my friend explained about this community and the importance.

Presently working as a Network Admin. I have observing the crypto currency from the last two years and wanted to be invest in some new projects as well. So I choosen HNY for my long term investment.

Well I am very curious about my journey with this community and what happens in the future will see.

Support me if needed. Thank you guys.

6 Likes