The Luna Swarm is a collaboration of individuals and organizations that seek to rigorously model the 1Hive ecosystem in cadCAD, providing tools for operational decision support with future design and governance decisions.
This post lays out a [work-in-progress] roadmap of features to build on & improve the initial cadCAD Conviction Voting model, and modeling other features, mechanisms and subsystems specific to 1Hive. These items can be discussed, prioritized & funded via proposals as needed by the 1Hive community in subsequent posts for individual sprints.
Using complex systems engineering and rigorous data science methodology, the 1Hive ecosystem can be iteratively modeled to provide Computer-Aided Governance to empower the 1Hive organization using cadCAD.
cadCAD is a complex systems design methodology, and a Python package that assists in the processes of designing, testing and validating complex systems through simulation, with support for Monte Carlo methods, A/B testing and parameter sweeps.
What’s has been modeled already:
- Conviction funding in the 1Hive ecosystem
What feature additions are needed:
- Dynamically set parameter with conviction
- HNY Issuance model
- Understanding impacts of farming incentives, issuance curve
- Common pool allocation model
- Examine faucet effectiveness in HNY distribution
Pollen & SourceCred
- Network analysis of community distribution
- Parameter tweaking for improvements
- Celeste / courts, proposal moderation & dispute resolution
- Model complex system interaction & mitigate attack vectors
- Secondary market dynamics (e.g. honeyswap)
- Uniswap cadCAD model already existing - composable for integration
How feature models will be prioritized:
The prioritization of work will be driven primarily by the working groups interest on various feature models with consideration for 1Hive’s desired priorities, while aiming to keep those models generalized so they can be applied to other DAOs.
Compensation & funding opportunities:
In order to reward Luna Swarm contributors and incentivize long-term sustainability, the working group will submit funding proposals to the 1Hive community to be allocated to developers. Initial request amount to be decided by working group.
Join the Swarm!
There will be another call Nov. 5 @ 11am PST / 2pm EST / 10pm CET to keep pushing the ball in scoping work and submitting a proposal to 1Hive to fund the work.
Say hello or reach out to us in the Luna channel in the 1Hive Discord: