Make me the meme police

Make me the meme police

Proposal Information

Proposal description:
Tired of seeing shitty meme with a sticker of honey over it ?
Tired of seeing a repost of an another meme?
Tired of seeing your quality meme get buried?

Meme police is there for you!

Proposal Rationale
I know this may sounds stupid for most of you guys, but I think admistrating the #memes channel is discord is something that needs someone that understand the guideline and making sure they’re respected.

Expected duration or delivery date (if applicable):
How long do you think it will take to deliver on your proposal

Team Information

Felix on discord.

Skills and previous experience in related or similar work:
N/A

Funding Information (For Funding Proposals)

Amount of HNY requested: 0

Make me the meme police.
  • yes
  • no

0 voters

4 Likes

Sometimes I laugh at the bad memes because the memes are so bad, but posting google images and reporting the same meme over and over again is too much.

There can be only one police and that’s Felix. :policeman:

1 Like

Hey, I am already busy policing there, but could use a new colleague.
Hopefully, the new memers will finally understand that Quality > quantity.

1 Like

I fully support enacting a meme police position. Yes plz.

1 Like

I came here expecting to see you ask for hny for this role. I saw the 0 prior experience and was like oh boy here we go then I saw “0 hny requested” you got my vote!

3 Likes

I was going to propose that the meme channel gave no cred for pollen anymore, but I prefer this idea since good memes do deserve a reward… we need LAW & ORDER :oncoming_police_car:

Its great idea… I posted 2 memes and got buried by a bunch of memes in a minutes hahahah.

I would like to think that after changing the #meme channel weight to 0.25x , we will see an increase in meme quality and some of the “usual suspects” will think it’s not worth it anymore and slowly go away.
But what I really think it would happen is that those same people will actually try harder to cheat and game the system. We will see more alt accounts coming out of nowhere and reacting to the low effort memes, more reactions trading between those users and a more drastic decrease in meme quality over time.
That’s why I voted yes, we need meme police and since you have been doing that unofficially for some time, I vote to grant you the official title. :policeman:

That would be good, personally I seldom post memes nowadays. I can see more newbees posted memes to farm some creds, dont get me wrong, we do need memes, but need a quality one. Thanks @Felix

I dont think so, as long as it generates any amount of pollen they will keep copy pasting crap from google images. I’ve given up memeing too its disheartening spending time to think up an idea and create/edit gifs, post it and noone sees it because a wall of rubbish swiftly follows

I think it might help to have some sort of trusted memer role that is immune to some like 6-hour slow mode on the channel, then the meme police can take that role away (or vice versa? Not sure how discord roles work) if someone is meming too erratically.

I like the meme channel because it keeps them on one place. Maybe im not the target audience for them but for me there is no good meme so policing them would be pointless

No one is suggesting letting the bad memes spill out elsewhere, don’t worry :slight_smile:

this is not the solution. what i find funny and original you might don’t like it.
The solution is to restrict the amount per user and by time.
Like u can only post 3 memes a day at every 4h.

That would be harder to police, I think it’s pretty obvious when someone posts the default gif of pooh bear in a honey pit from discord it’s not original or funny at all. Perhaps the middle ground might just be getting rid of meme channel and making a weekly meme comp, 1 entry per person

Here’s one of the latest ones, it’s a flying cat… what has this got to do with honeyswap apart from the forward message at the bottom o_O

hello~

having meme mod’s or police is not bad idea , but how the police going to work is the problem @Cryptonianz post about the flying cat is great example, People came from different background and culture. they might see something funny and we don’t . We dont wants as Community to have narrow understanding to different about us .

intelligent , age , history etc these could effect the decision made whats funny whats not .
In my personal opinion we can have Wilde range of rules that’s make it very hard for a meme to be consider not funny or delete able, to make sure if something is not good nobody can argue you about .

also we should limits meme to have only 3 message per day ~

&.&//

3 Likes

Isn’t that what the faunas are paid to do?

1 Like

I’m talking about implementing guidelines

1 Like