Marketing: Using numbers to our advantage

I would like to use this opportunity to share with you some of the ideas that I personally think can be part of our efforts to market 1Hive to the general public. During the last #buzz meeting, I shared some of the suggestions I had and then promised to follow up on them and do a more detailed write up on discourse.
Before I start, I want to give a little background on why I choose ( Using numbers to our advantage ) as a title.

One strategy that marketing professionals like to use is called the Statistics Appeal . Without going into boring details , the main idea behind that strategy is that people generally trust numbers and statistics and if used right ( no misleading data ) , you can improve the view people have of your brand, product, idea, etc. Combine that with high-quality visuals and you have got yourself the recipe for a succesful marketing campaign.

So, I thought of two points that make 1Hive and Honeyswap unique in the crypto space and it is my opinion that we should focus on them, at least temporarily, in order to bring new users into our community.

1.The Faucet
For many of us, the faucet was our first interaction with the “hive”. No faucet is as generous as ours and no other feature has brought more users in as it has. Now I am not going to talk money here, or proposing to increase the claim because there have been numerous topics on the forum talking about that. If I am not mistaken, there’s already a proposal asking to double the faucet claim that is very likely to pass.

The idea is that some people first come for the faucet, then stay for the awesome community and the cheap fast transactions on Honeyswap. So how are we going to implement the statistics appeal and pretty visuals into marketing the faucet?

I was thinking of making a weekly chart that we can share on our social media platforms ( imo Twitter is the best platform for sharing visuals ) . On this chart we can have stats like:

Last week, $25,000 worth of $Hny was claimed by 3,000 users from our Faucet
you can join, too https://faucet.1hive.org/

Now, I am not a visual designer myself, but my girlfriend has offered to contribute with the visuals and she will post it soon in the #design channel.

2.Low Fees
I mentioned earlier that some people come for the faucet and stay for the cheap and fast transactions. Now there is another category of people that joined the hive and that is , people who are fed up with paying $2+ dollars everytime they do a trade on Uniswap. $2 that don’t even guarantee that your transaction will go through. $2 that turns into $4 and even $10 when the network is congested.

So, how are going to use the statistics appeal and pretty visuals to market that? By also adding a third ingredient, comparative advertising ! As the name suggests, comparative advertising is simply a strategy that compares your product to a competitor’s product. In our case we are going to compare Honeyswap to Uniswap.

I was thinking that in addition to the weekly chart that advertises our faucet, we can also share a chart that shows how much are people paying in fees on Uniswap. Something like:

During the last 24H , Uniswap users paid $250,000 in fees, an average of $2,2 per transaction.
How much gas does a transaction cost on Honeyswap? $0,01

I would really like to hear your thoughts on my ideas.

7 Likes

This is great. As mentioned here, HoneySwap is awesome because it allows more people to get into cryptocurrencies and DeFi without having to pay massive fees or use custodial intermediaries. Would be great to advertise that more so that the people who need DeFi most aren’t priced out of participation.

2 Likes

Totally agree, I think using @Escanor’s research we can implement this strategy more accurately because we now also kind of know a little bit of our target users demographics.

2 Likes

Two excellent points; the first applies to me for sure…no one turns down free tokens : ) The fact is that I was immediately impressed by the discord community and would like to help promote the platform.

If someone can provide me with the data and sources, I will draft content for social media posts!

“Come for the HNY, stay for the bees?” Too cheesy? ><