Priority order to advertise 1Hive, also which languages to translate first

Hi, so I made a quick research about which countries has the biggest traffic of crypto so it can help the buzz team target potential new users more easily

In addition, this same research can help the terra team to know which languages are a priority for translating.

The top countries that hold bitcoin:

1. United States
  2. Rumania
  3. China
  4. Spain
  5. Japan
  6. Switzerland
  7. South Korea

Top of countries in latin america that uses cryptocurrencies:

1. Brazil
  2. Argentina
  3. Chile
  4. Mexico
  5. Colombia

Here you have a crypto trending list by blockchain.com

List of exchanges by country

Latin Armerica

As you can see, Latin American countries are not the biggest crypto holders, but financial crises that attack most of these countries have lead to other methods of survival, in this case the use of cryptocurrencies help them save their money in economies that devalueate every day.

I think our first target should be Latin America. There are many YouTube channels that offer tutorials on how to earn free money, and that would be perfect to promote the faucet.

It should also be noted that it is necessary to attack the Brazilian market. This country is the current leader in Latin America also with 7 exchanges, so we need portuguese translations.

Latin American people are an easy target.

European Union

The continent with more exchanges, also 3 of its countries are top 7 with the most BTC holders. In this case I don’t know how to address this audience, but I can give suggestions on translations.

Another reason to transalate everything to portuguese since we have Portugal in this continent.

German translation, very important. Switzerland, Germany, Austria are some of the countries where German is spoken.

China

This market I don’t know it at all. It would be good to get some contacts from there to see how the crypto moves there.

Chinese translations should be one of our priorities.

Please let me know if you have some Ideas regarding China, or the European Union. Also, if you think I should add another group to this, please let me know why.

7 Likes

Very interesting thread @Escanor . Thinking about the info you have given us, I think it would be useful for us to get some contributors that could help to make 1Hive and HoneySwap more well known in China and India. I think we don’t have any Indian, neither Chinese, translators yet, and both are two countries that could be a great opportunity for us, in my opinion, so I think we should find contributors that could carry out this task. :blush:
Regards, Aitor

2 Likes

Great write-up :slight_smile:

As someone from Turkey, no doubt, I will suggest adding Turkey in the list, but not just because the fact that I’m Turkish :smiley:

Not sure about the bitcoin holders list actually, but I will have to point out that the volume of Turkish centralized exchanges shouldn’t be ignored. As far as I know, people here in Turkey are interested in crypto for the following reasons:

1. We don’t have Paypal here in Turkey, they were forced out of the country by the government a few years ago. So, people learned how to use crypto for international money transfers, unwillingly maybe but they learned the potential :slight_smile:
  2. The inflation rate of TRY, though the officially published numbers seem negligible, makes TRY not an attractive store of value, even with traditional saving accounts, banks offering 10% interest rates.
  3. Again, the comparative value of TRY is tanking exponentially against many other fiat currencies. So, that’s another reason for people not to keep their money in TRY. Here’s a 3 month chart of USD/TRY pair from investing.com:
    USD-TRY

Therefore, crypto is a good alternative for people to keep the monetary value of their investments. I, for example, just keep what I need to spend in my bank account, and the rest is on crypto.

However, and this is a huge “however”, although people have gotten familiar with centralized exchanges such as btcturk, paribu, thodex, and bitci, I guess the daily volume of these reach around 60 to 70 million dollars, they have not had the opportunity to learn much about DeFi. Hence, that’s why I believe we could attract the Turkish users with tutorials and infographics not only about 1Hive and Honey but also about DeFi in general.

And I am always here to contribute with translations, as I have already did translate some of our tutorials and infographics. :slight_smile: But the problem is that I am not very good at marketing and I haven’t been able to make 1hive and Honey known by Turkish users. Maybe, I should tell them about the faucet :smiley:

3 Likes

Very interesting to read, I am mostly surprised by the list of bitcoin holders. I always knew that Bitcoin is popular in my country (btw the spelling should be Romania :grinning: ) but never expected to be on second place.
I think we can make good use of your research in the #terra channel. I myself will continue to provide the community with Romanian content/translations.
Good job!

2 Likes

Nice work @Escanor . I agree with latin america being a very good target, imo these countries face a bigger volume of problems that blockchain technology and DAOs in general work towards fixing.

1 Like