Partnership with Dego finance

I would like to suggest something that might help grow the 1hive community and draw more people to xDai.

Dego Finance is a project that started on ETH main chain 1 year ago, then moved to BSC. They have a large community (60k + Telegram group) and have had a lot of joint campaigns with other projects where you can mint NFTs (for instance HNY + DEGO LP required to mint) that you can use for mining campaigns. They are focused on NFT and gamified DeFi, they have an NFT marketplace called Treasureland, and I was thinking that reaching out to these guys could be interesting, especially since xDai has an NFT bridge.

From the looks of other co-mining campaigns from Dego, I believe they can help us in fascilitating something like this on their platform if we could convice them to move some activity over to xDai chain.

They also run these whitelist events, where people can qualify for NFT drops by fulfilling tasks on social media, so it could be good to spread awareness about xDai and 1hive.

I can provide more info on Dego if people are interested in discussing this.

Maybe someone in this community have connections to get in touch with the Dego team?

4 Likes

Quite nice. The team would look into it probably!

1 Like

Hello @Hallvardo ā€¦ welcome back buddyā€¦
Lovely post you have thereā€¦1hive as you know is a well organized platform/communityā€¦ firstly I donā€™t think partnership with any DAO should be prior now following the recent partnership with shapeshiftā€¦and secondly if the partnership would happenā€¦then proper research should be done by the 1hive team before partnershipā€¦due to some forums impure motivesā€¦

1 Like

@Hallvardo Thanks for this information, letā€™s consult and have a debate!

I saw this publication and it called my attention to the Nfts theme, I make a call to more experienced people in the crypto world such as @metaverde @twells @project_uwb @Blazingthirdeye what do they think about this proposal and how possible is it to have an approach with DEGO! :handshake:

2 Likes

Thanks @Hallvardo for the post. I think xDAI does lack a cool/ slick market place for NFTs, and I guess we also need a wallet that displays NFTs ā€¦ Not sure about projects from BSC thoughā€¦ Could be just meā€¦ but not really a fan of BSC ā€¦ I think from what 1Hive have achieved with 1Hive farms and Gardens, I think we could rip up a NFT market place, launchpad and a wallet all together. May be someone can summon #tulip swarm here for a think!! @ceresbzns do you think this is something 1Hive could consider?

3 Likes

I donā€™t want to say anything bad about the project because I havenā€™t checked it but I agree with you, BSC projects fill most of the columns on REKT news. Dego team is anon?

1 Like

Yes, the Dego team is anon, and I agree about BSC. However, Dego started on ETH mainnet. The reason they moved to BSC was because of high gas fees; you have to cast NFTs, and you might later want to dismantle them, and that consumes lots of gas. They are still on ETH mainnet, and most liquidity is there, but the mining campaigns etc. are running on BSC.

I think they decided to go for BSC because of more users and because it was the easiest in a technological sense. Launch on Polkadot has been on the roadmap since the beginning, as well as launching their own chain and some kind of NFT game expected in Q1 2022:

Ā«DEGO Finance is also building an NFT protocol to provide a cross-chain Layer 2 infrastructure. By building on multiple blockchains such as Binance Smart Chain, Ethereum, and Polkadot, DEGO Finance enables blockchain projects to acquire users, distribute tokens and develop more diverse NFT applications.Ā»

Another thing on their road map was to launch an NFT marketplace, which they have done.

2 Likes

About Degoā€™s NFT marketplace, itā€™s the largest one on BSC, from what I have heard, though not many know that DEGO is the team behind it:

2 Likes

I remember that dego started with an airdrop in the mainnen, they were nft that could mine, they also did it in the bsc. 1hive insurance can implement a similar strategy.

1 Like

Do they still mineā€¦ havenā€™t heard of that in bsc

of which, they gave me some nft in bsc also to mine

This could potentially link xDai more into the NFT marketplace if a partnership with DEGO happens! IF!

Regardless of a collaboration with DEGO, I think there might be some good things to learn from their whitelist campaigns, where people tagged and shared stuff about Dego on social media in order to get NFT gifts etc. Great way to grow a community.

I mean, how did a small project like DEGO get a community of 80k in just a couple of months?

2 Likes

We could actually learn alot from them ā€¦ that was an epic move ā€¦80k in a couple of monthsā€¦they really are well focused

Iā€™ve been studying the DEGO community for a while now and I think 1Hive in partnership with them isnā€™t a bad idea.
DEGO community has seen explosive growth since the launch of DEGO NFT airdrop, with twitter followers reaching 39k and telegram followers reaching 48k within a week. So I think the 1Hive community could learn a thing or two from them also and we can also have a rapid growth in our community.

3 Likes

I do not understand why many do not use the xdai network. if it is so cheap and fast, if xdai has a huge user input our community will grow a lot

1 Like

Xdai is relatively so cheap but when it comes to speed I canā€™t vouch for itā€¦ itā€™s speed isnā€™t as good as the bsc chain here

1 Like

with the next network update. that will get better.

1 Like

We hope soā€¦ xdai still need to gear upā€¦
The upgrade should make things better

1 Like

Do the actual numbers show that BSC has faster transactions than xDai? In my experience transactions are slower on BSC than on xDaiā€¦

2 Likes