Pollen user report thread 📣

I was making good content for the community. I remember one of the admins, Bjerger even said “hq memes” and I think I deserve what I got for it.

If you think I own multiple accounts, as you’ve accused me of, I can do video chat with you if you’d like with my friends to prove otherwise.

I also think if you unfreeze my account, which I’m confident that you will because you have no basis other than jealousy, I should receive reward which I’m potentially missing out on. Otherwise, I’m being punished for nothing.

1 Like

I was having a scroll through memes yesterday looking at some of the alisameil/pouria examples and did take note that simon had made some decent memes/video animations that actually had some thought and work put into them. Checked back here and his name hasn’t been posted so I assumed it was all legit.

I think at least part of his cred has been legitimately gained from that. Needs to be reviewed ones memes weight has gone to 0 and see what remains and where it comes from

2 Likes

Another one for xDaiFandom and possibly the related people. Chadder, Giorgi1984 and 2 others - not sure how to see the 2 others. Pretty sure his total cred just jumped around 50 overnight.

6 Likes

OMG what is this ? why many cred given out even for a short sentence like “Oh ye” ?

Why I did not see any reported gaming related that ?

This IS the reported gaming thread… you’re looking at the reports.

+1 from my own account

Shit system

2 Likes

FWIW I agree, I don’t think Simon was actually gaming, and some of his content was good. His cred might have been a bit skewed if some of the reactions are in fact his friends, but I expect that to be pretty normal behavior. I’m sure friends are normally more inclined to react on content their friends have created.

3 Likes

I like your honesty at least :joy:

1 Like

Hi Simon, if you’d like to report me it’s recommended to use the template.
Wishing you a great day! :sunny:

1 Like

I have never complained about anyone in my life :wink:

Greetings. So what did you decide on my case?

The community has decided to temporary suspend user ‘Simon-Black’ from pollen distribution.

We have decided to reinstate everyone’s accounts other than: xDaiFandom, pouria, wafey, and FTHV.

Recent changes to discord fixed a number of the distribution issues and we believe the system should be harder to abuse either maliciously or incidentally from now on. That said, we will still freeze accounts in the future if deemed to be breaking one of the above rules described in this thread.

We hope to further formalize this process as well. We had to act fast over the last few weeks in a kind of emergency action. Hopefully we will be able to take a more measured approach in the future.

5 Likes

Your account is reactivated

Wow…what a shit show this thread has become.

Can this not be done in private ? I know every one loves to bash everything on the forums and beg for cred but come on ? Surely there is a better way with dealing with gamers?

There should be a hierarchy some where that you can report these things and the hierarchy then can freeze the accounts and investigate ?

That is what this is. It should absolutely NOT be done in private, that is completely against the idea of a DAO. There should be transparency around the process.

8 Likes

100% agree with @befitsandpiper here.
Transparency is a must with A DAO.
The process of improving sourcecred was messy like any process involving many people with different ideas, backgrounds and skills. But calling it a shitshow is a strech of the imagination

3 Likes

100% agree with you. It is DAO it should be transparent.

1 Like

Thank you for reinstating my account.