(MARKETING) Targeting China & Chinese Speakers

Hey folks, today I bring you another idea/proposal/need :grin:

As probably most of you know, @IEscanore made this thread Priority order to advertise 1Hive, where he accurately proposed that we should market the project in China, and, for doing this, it is essential that we get 2 translators from English to Chinese.

As he wrote, China is nowadays the 3rd country in the ranking of Bitcoin holders, but the main point where we should focus is that all signals indicate that everything about crypto will be a boom in the near future at this Asian country.

So, as you can see in the Terra swarm that is being created Make terra a swarm we are trying to get 2 Chinese translators.

But there is one big problem, What is it Aitor? What do you mean? :thinking: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :grin:
It is that in our great 1hive and Honeyswap growing community there aren’t chinese speaking contributors! And if there are, at least since the last few weeks I’ve been inside this project, I haven’t seen them, have you?

So, undoubtedly, we need to advertise ourselves to the Chinese market, both to achieve HoneySwap users and also to get some Chinese speaking folks willing to collaborate with us in our community.

But, how can we do that? Well, it could look like a very difficult task, but I’m sure there are multiple ways we could explore. I will make a list here with possible options, that I will be updating everyday. I would like to do a brainstorm, so I would like all of you to propose your idea in this thread, if you are also willing to participate in the marketing strategy for China as volunteers, please state it too and I will add you! :hugs:

Ideas:

• Collaborate with Chinese speaking crypto Youtubers
  • Try to promote ourselves in some Chinese speaking Forums and Telegram crypto channels/groups (does anyone know any?)

Volunteers:

Regards, Aitor

3 Likes

I think targeting China is a very difficult task and you need way more than translations and collaborations.
First of all, almost all social media channels that we’ve used so far to market 1Hive are banned in China.
Collaborating with Chinese youtubers wouldn’t bring much since Youtube is banned there. Their only audience are the Chinese people living in the West which I don’t think is a priority for us to target.

Second of all, in order to effectively target a demographic, you have to understand their culture. Big companies normally hire a consultant, we can’t afford to do that. We need Chinese speakers to even start thinking about that.So I think the first obstacle would be bringing those first Chinese users in.

Although, in my opinion, I think targeting China is way too early. We have barely over 10.000 Honey holders, it’s not that we are overextended and can’t find new users.

2 Likes