Proposal: Buzz DAO

Under “Streamlining Interfaces” reads:

Integration of the XDAI Fiat on-ramp (and soon off-ramp). We can also integrate
honey into this, and modify fees. See our tutorial video for the ramp here.

What do you mean by “we can also integrate honey into this”?

The idea is that we can try to negotiate a fee from ramp if somebody bought crypto with fiat from ramp by using our landing page and those funds can be transfered to honey, so it’s a side revenue for honey holders. Additionally we can get honey on ramp so people can buy it with fiat.

Okay, that’s not clear, I suggest updating the document to something like:

Integration of the XDAI Fiat on-ramp (and soon off-ramp). We will negotiate for some of the fees paid by users using ramp through our website and send it to the common pool. We will also try to get HNY added to the tokens available through ramp.

Hey Will,

Thanks for your concern here, i’m still in the process of transfering the DAO tokens to the other members, but the structure is as follows:

The Buzz DAO will be organized using a club structure utilizing a bumblebee (president), keeper (treasurer), and buzz captain (secretary) that members of the Buzz DAO will vote into power.

Votes can be called at any time by any member, but will continue into perpetuity unless a motion is brought forward. The club will hold majority rights over the Buzz DAO (51%). The other members of the buzz dao will hold the remaining (49%).

Would this system still be of concern to you? The intent with the setup we have is quicker access to funds in the event we have a campaign that we can capitalize on. We could look at choosing either full proportional representation, or have another 1 or 2 trusted members that have a higher voting power for this purpose.

And yes will you got it right on the xdai fiat on-ramp. We will also consider a campaign for the fiat on-ramp as well such as a $20 in HNY bonus for every $1000 deposit through the ramp as an example.

As for funding, no problem. I’ve broken it up into 1 month, updated proposal on the doc, and here.

This is not what a DAO should be like, you can’t call this a DAO if you guys hold the majority rights. Every member of the buzz DAO should have a token with the same voting power.

3 Likes

I don’t think anyone should vote on this proposal until this is finalised and the voting weight is distributed as specified.

How many members will have voting weight in the DAO? If its only a few I think equal vote weight to be enough and to save confusion. If its a lot then it may be useful to create the structure you’re suggesting.

Also I’m unsure how you will implement that, adding new users that aren’t club members would require rebalancing everyone’s vote tokens. Also voting out/in a club member would require atleast one of the current club members to agree, since the community effectively only has 49% of the vote.

No worries, i’ve burnt my tokens until we can figure out the weighting/distribution. So dosh, me, and solar have equal share as of now.

2 Likes

I can speak for myself that this proposal passing would motivate me to start putting in at least the kind of time I was putting in late October/November again. I didn’t earn as much cred as some of my peers who were contributing about the same or in some cases less value than myself, in my opinion. I also think it is a good idea to further separate Buzz to give us the flexibility to move more quickly and get more organized.

Having clearly defined short term goals with built in rewards for those who helped realize them is going to be great for ramping up our market reach.

3 Likes

Members for the Buzz DAO have been updated to equal share and are the following:

• Blazar, Dosh, Solarmkd, Davidking, Metaverde

Thanks!

2 Likes

:honeybee: This is solid work.

Great presentation and direction.

We need to share this to everyone

2 Likes

Excellent, well written. Congrats everyone.
Looks like proposal will pass in 2,5 days.

Let’s bring HNY back to its true value! :honeybee:

3 Likes

Hey Bees. We have come up with a date and time that works for most to join a meeting. Id like to hold a formal cafe call with all Buzz Dao members present as well as all Buzz Social Admins.

Meeting Time & Date: Tuesday (December 22nd) 22:00 UTC
Place: Discord Cafe Voice Channel

I am planning to cover the following topics in the meeting.

• Budget Allocation
  • Social Admin Guidelines
  • Social Engineering Implementation
  • Current & Future Collaborations

If you would like more topics covered please reply to this thread.

I would like the following people to be present during these call if possible.

@Blazar @solarmkd @davidphoenix2020 @metaverde @Escanor @chuygarcia92 @boring877 @Noice @Harry @Monstrosity

If you cannot make the the call we will record and upload it for everyone to reference. Thank you all hope to see most of you tomorrow :slight_smile:

Ps. adding more members under as comment as discourse only allows me to tag 10 members at once

6 Likes

@Rod @BrandonZ @Pressure @berserk @therealmo @pab

2 Likes

Will assist! Thanks for tagging!

Sure, I will be there tomorrow! :honeybee:

I will be at work for a couple hours already by the meeting time, it won’t be possible for me to make it unfortunately. I will listen to the recording after work though. I’m looking forward to continue working with you guys!

1 Like

Buzz DAO meeting

4 Likes

Thanks for the record @boring877

1 Like

Buzz DAO Highlights

Thank you for your recent support of the Buzz DAO. We’ve come a long way in the 3 weeks from our initial proposal.

In this thread I will post updates for the Buzz DAO to highlight what has been accomplished, what we are looking to achieve next, the financials to meet these goals, & the specifics about the initiatives that we will enact to reach our targets.

What We’ve Accomplished:

• Creation of the Buzz DAO & funding through a community proposal
  • Our first community meeting, the recording for this can be found just above in @boring877’s post
  • The planning & creation of a new Honeyswap landing page is in its final revisions and is expected to release very shortly. We will have more to show soon!
    • Landing page includes analytics, sitemap, and SEO
    • Integrated with the new Wiki so that new members have easier access to what is going on in the community and how to get involved
    • Integrated xDai fiat on-ramp
    • Integrated with tutorials and video guides for wallet setup, bridging, using the fiat onramp, etc.

• Retroactive payments for buzz contributors & buzz admins was released
  • Links will be used for marketing campaigns to track influence and will be used as a metric for payment moving forward in the Buzz DAO where google analytics can’t be used
  • Our first ever campaign, the Posadelic concert, with a custom beehive showroom to display what honey has to offer in the virtual Minecraft world
  • $100 Twitter campaign giveaway
  • Creation of the Buzz Bounty Board
    • Includes bounties for:
      • Gitbook Wiki
      • Spanish Community Outreach
      • Coinmarketcap

What’s Next:

• Further development of the campaigns and bounties
  • Building Partnerships: For example with Shenanagin, Artis, Aries Financial, Ethtrader, Matic, Stake
    • Buzz DAO will reach out to these communities and develop a plan on how we can benefit
  • Further integrating a ‘source cred’ style system into social media, including social channels such as Telegram & Facebook
    • Development of swarm marketing channel where everyone can become a contributor

Initiative Details:

The Buzz DAO will always try to consult as much with the community before initiating them, so if you have any questions or concerns please raise them with the Buzz DAO club members (myself, dosh, solarmkd, metaverde or davidking).

Mainnet Campaign
The mainnet campaigns focus will be to build liquidity on Uniswap. This is important to build exposure and to build our network connections for platforms like coinmarketcap & coingecko.

Buzz DAO’s current idea for the campaign is a equal distribution to all LP providers on Uniswap in a snapshot at an undisclosed time/date between a certain range of dates, for example snapshot will be anywhere from Jan 15th to Feb 15th. Then 20HNY will be distributed evenly to all the addresses (we could even airdrop these on the xdai side of the bridge to reduce fees and add further incentive for people to check out xdai).

Bitcointalk Campaign
The bitcointalk campaign will focus on getting followers on the social medias, and a signature campaign where users will have scaling rewards based on how many activities they participate in.

For example, 2HNY will be airdropped to everyone that participates, but points will be accrued based on the amount of tasks they completed. Twitter follow will be 1 point, retweet 1 point, joining the discord is 1 point, verification is 2points etc. Then the reward can be multiplied by the percentage of tasks completed. If you complete half the tasks, then your reward is your share of the honey multiplied by 50%.

Shenanigan Campaign
For details on the Shenanigan campaign see the forum post here. More details to be released in the coming weeks.

Marketing Swarm Channel
More details to come.

Achievement Based Bounties
Achievement based bounties will bring rewards to anyone who meets certain milestones for influence on social media. For example, if a 1hive branded twitter gains 500 followers, then the twitter admin would receive 0.2HNY as an incentive for meeting their set targets. Specific details about this plan to follow in the following weeks. The Buzz DAO will do its due diligence to make sure that members are not taking advantage of the system.

Financials:

The following amount of HNY is being requested in our proposal for next month in order to achieve our goals:

• Mainnet Campaign: 20HNY
  • Bitcointalk Campaign: 2HNY
  • Shenanigan Campaign: 6HNY
  • Marketing Swarm Channel Bounty: 4HNY
  • Buzz Swarm Admin Incentive Bonus: 9HNY
  • Buzz Club Pay: 9HNY
  • Gitbook Wiki Bounty: 9HNY
  • Achievement Based Bounties: 4HNY
  • Funds for Future Initiatives: 10HNY
  • Balance HNY Funds: 0.58HNY

Total HNY requested: 73.58

The HNY requested is an estimate as the community may request changes to the proposed. The HNY not used can be moved towards future initiatives.

Financials from the first round of funding can be found here.

Proposal

I will update the Buzz DAO with the proposal which is linked here:

9 Likes

Nice job. I like how to it detailed. keep doing this. love you

1 Like