I’ve seen several mentions, here and on discord, about the need of an NFT marketplace.
I have some experience now in NFT platforms and I think I could throw together a small marketplace pretty quickly (like in a few days), where people can see the last NFTs Minted, the last NFTs set on sale by owners (and maybe buy those) and where anyone authorized(1) could mint something.
The idea would be a very simple marketplace, nothing too fancy in order to go fast and efficient.
- Possibility to mint images (at first and later then audio / video).
- Data (images, json) would be stored on IPFS (I usually use the infura node, but I can also throw a docker with an ipfs node inside and just pin on it; or use pinata which is also great)
- Cost of minting would be taken by the platform since on xDai transactions are so cheap. This would allow artists to actually make their first xDai without even owning any
- A small explorer where you can see all NFTs ordered by popularity or creation date and filter those on sale or not
- Profiles would read information from 3box as to not have to manage profile data on the website but still get personalized data (image, name, description) about artists / owners
- Selling/Buying the minted NFT on the website. First with xDai and then quickly with any other ERC20. Overtime even a swap against other NFT could be possible (I’ve got 90% of the NFT dex done, but the last 10% will take time)
- a 2% service fee would be taken on all sales to cover costs (minting/dev/hostings(website and laybe ipfs service)…
This here is something I think I could work on next to my job and other projects if there is interest. I’m not really sure of what is actually done or being worked on.
Also if this is something that is welcomed, and any designer would be interested to help (design is not really my forte), we could maybe work on a small Figma (or like) with a few screens (doesn’t need much at least to start). Something pretty simple to start with and improving with iteration would be the best I guess. So we could create something usable quickly and then add things over time.
(1) to determine; I don’t like elitism but art theft is a HUGE problem and we need to find a way to restrict minting to people that can be identified if they do wrong. It could just be “Any Minter can add the role Minter to any other address” so I would give Metaverde the role minter and then she could add anyone since she’s now Minter.
ps: And because Bees fly, we could find a name that would do well in parallel to the giant sea marketplace!