Agave Contributor Distribution Announcement

Exciting news! Thank you @Monstrosity, @befitsandpiper @anisoptera and @GreenHornet, and ofcourse everyone who helped make this come true. Super excited for what is to come.

2 Likes

Ok well, you guys ruined the airdrop. Idiotsā€¦
First mistake was announcing it early, and then saying ā€œoh yeah we want to give the long term supporters the drop there could have been people manipulating itā€ā€¦ how about you DONT ANNOUNCE IT EARLY THEN!! All honeyswap users should have been entitled to the airdrop i have been using it at least 4x a week but I dont get shit because your awfully planned airdrop, if you cared about the community you would of rewarded honey holders and honeyswap users without announcing it before the actual drop. No more support for 1hive, honey, or whatever projects you come out with from me! Garbage

1 Like

agreed, its all bullshit

Awesome.

Great job team!

I canā€™t wait to see this beast unveiled and better to use it!

There will more airdrops like this in the future guy, dont miss it or you will regret :smiley:

Well done guys!!
To see this finally coming together is exciting, i donā€™t think you guys realize the magnitude of what you built(the first and only aave fork on xDai) pretty amazing TBH. It will be huge as more and more users seek refuge from mainnet fees and seek L2 solutions that actually have stuff going on for them.

I believe a second airdrop is necessary, if done right airdrops can be quite powerful marketing tool, especially for new projects. airdropping to OGs with skin in the game that have contributed and supported the ecosystem is a good move, but i will suggest a broader audience for the second airdrop, targeting users that have demonstrated a strong interest in defi. Good Job boys! canā€™t wait to put my HNY to work :grinning:

3 Likes

Exciting news! Thank you for your hard work @GreenHornet @anisoptera @Monstrosity and @befitsandpiper

1 Like

Great news! I belive in 1hive!

1 Like

bee liveā€¦ i see what you done there ;p

Congrats guys :grin:

1 Like

There will most definitely be proposals to do so! Just to expand on this a bit

This project came into being from the discussions that happened on this forum and the 1Hive discord. Many people recognized the importance of forking more DeFi protocols and bringing those primitives top xDAI and building up the network effect here.

One thing the hive has in abundance good ideas, we also have a depth and breath of skills from development, marketing, designers, and a swarm of active bees. however, most of the actual development work has rested on the shoulders of the 1Hive seeds. Thus waiting on the seeds to execute on all the good ideas means that it will take a very long time to turn all those good ideas into reality, not to mention the fact that to truly decentralize, we need other members to actually build some of this stuff themselves. Agave and Kshazu are great examples of putting this into practice.

A bunch of us decided to just do it. but this was always meant to be for the 1hive community as well as bringing in new members to our ranks. So whiles we are rewarding the community with this first airdrop, we also want to make as few decisions ourselves as possible. this first airdrop will hand over the power of the protocol to the most active members of the community as stewards. A big percentage of the tokens will be healed back for the initial cohort to decide how best to grow the community and project.

Itā€™s not just about giving away free money, itā€™s about giving first to the people who we believe will be active in its governance

No distribution will be perfect but we have tried our best to be fair. We are also opening the pool at what we believe is a really low market cap so that everyone active in the community has the chance to get in before we market to a wider audience. once we launch, I want to see another airdrop, not just to more 1hive members but to other aligned projects like Aave (who did all the hard work) and ChainLink (whos infrastructure we rely on) however I donā€™t think its a decision I or the Agave seeds should take unilaterally

10 Likes

Iā€™m so glad the token is out @greenhornet, @monstrosity, @anisoptera, @befitsandpiper!

I think you have missed the previous conviction voting deployments, and it would be great to also consider people who voted at the beginning of the project.

The current conviction voting address is 0x7f67f5de7b815c5709be70f5eea627de43bb1b0c, but many people also voted in these old conviction voting instances:

Can you take a look? I think it will not cost much more, since missing people will receive ~4.9 AGVE per person, and this way we include everyone who voted claimed in the faucet and voted in 1hive.

Thank you! :heart:

11 Likes

Yes, we are looking into this now. Thank you.

4 Likes

The filter is working. Good job

1 Like

Awesome job on getting Agave up and running to all involved!!!

1 Like

Awesome job guys! @greenhornet @monstrosity @anisoptera @befitsandpiper!
Thanks to everyone else who contributed to it!

Special mention to @borisblock, for the excellent Agave logo

agave

3 Likes

Thanks @GreenHornet @Monstrosity @anisoptera @befitsandpiper
Congrats to all 1hive org Hny Community :slight_smile:

Congrats!!! 1Hive The Best!!!

not rly sure how i didnt qualify. im pretty sure i fulfill the reqs in oct/nov 2020. was pretty excited about this, would have been my first airdrop

1 Like

Hey guysā€¦ great initiative and love the part where you just drop the tokens direct to the wallets without having to go through the hassle of having to claim going through the hoopsā€¦ I assume with gas fairly cheap it would not be too hardā€¦ but still would prefer to have any such retro drops direct to the walletā€¦ like a small surpriseā€¦ will be looking up the project and see how I can get involved.