🔥[AIRDROP Popsciple Finance DAO]🔥 Badger users around 63 ICE Tokens Airdopped on BSC Chain

Done some reading and talking in the discord and basically yes badger filtered the list to remove sybil accounts, which were lots of transactions of small/same amount. I only had like 600$ worth of badger staked which I would think would be enough but I guess I got added to the blacklist as well

1 Like

For those that thought were part of Snapshot 5, the Badger explanation…
Link to discord: Badger explanation?

Copied from Discord

I’ll clear this up. It was an honest mistake. We’ve been working on a “badger score” based on actions to use for white lists for things (for example the upcoming yearn vault that will have limited access to start). Separately we have some personal connections at popsicle and we were able to get badger included in the list. We were trying to use the badger score at first but it wasn’t ready in time so we did a rough full governance export. Leading into their launch and as we did more work on the score we just got lost in the details looking at the governance portion and the voters with only exactly the gitcoin drop amount were incorrectly flagged as a Sybil attempt. It was all honest mistakes while trying to move fast on this stuff. We will make sure to err on the side of inclusion going forward.

My Rant

I’m super disappointed in Badger.
Not one public announcement was made. Poor Popsicle Finance is bombarded with people asking questions about the airdrop and badger is just sitting twiddling their thumbs.

And when I brought it up, that the lack of communication is what I’m disappointed in, they don’t admit anything, asked me if I was sure I wasn’t part of the new list and airdrops are tricky.

Glad 1hive isn’t like that. :honeybee:

That is the old list. There was a last minute change from Badger to the list…

pretty crappy to not make any announcement clear as to what/when/why

I agree. And replying to someone in their extremely busy discord is not enough. They said they only got rid of addresses with small balances. Well, I HAD around $3k and got dropped?

What’s worse? They just keep mentioning there’s bigger things in the works. Add that to the inconsistent voting period 1-5 days?! And it was impossible to get the lower level nft on dontbuymeme unless you had over $3k in bDIGG.

Not liking how they are running this. I now just have 5 bBadger, 10% of what I had a little over a week ago.

@KZFlyer @cryptoclip @project_uwb @goluis well it looks out something fishy because what they set out the intention to weed out sybil isnt working based on all your comments

What I was told is that those who voted with airdropped bBadger were removed out, My friend received to an account voted with less than 0.1 badger so it doesnt add to their narrative. Anyhow we cant complain something about which is free but that says much about transparency on badger side to explain.

@sand3sh The problem is the number of votes with low Badger balance, and they assume that they are accounts of pure Airdrops hunters, more than 1000 votes with 0.01 Token Badger in hold.Besides that a good filtering was not done by them!!

they must be looking at people who voted and CURRENT balance, because when I voted I had more than 10 badger, but I have since sold.

Guys… I think there is definitely some lessons to be learnt here by badger. After reflecting some more on this issue, I tend to agree with @KZFlyer - badger team should have made it clear why they changed the airdrop list and should have done it prior to the airdrop. I guess if things can be changed at such short notice without the right scrutiny or endorsement from the community then I think really the DAO is not working as its meant to be. I for one am against marginalising against low value participants because not all low value participants are sybil attacks and like explained in their discord a lot of whale accounts probably have multiple wallets and get away with much higher % of these drops making the rich richer and sidelining the little fish. I wish there is an easier way to actually assign how an account added value to the DAO but its not definitely right to just change parameters at whim!

4 Likes

idk about you but I got the airdrop
Did you guys vote on the badger snapshot page?

1 Like

Yeah, I am in the same situation, those who received Badger as an airdrop for voting in the Gitcoin Round 8 did not get an airdrop. The first list included those participants, the 2nd did not. It is 1inch all over again, if you bought a coin with 2$ you got hundreds of 1inch, if you were an LP and actually did something you got 10:)

1 Like

Yes, where did you vote?

https://snapshot.org/#/badgerdao.eth/

1 Like

@project_uwb Absolutely agree!!

Yeah, dude I voted, I got it, but my GF who got Badger from the Gitcoin Airdrop and also voted there did not receive it…

1 Like

There are people with 50+ $BADGER and have voted in snapshots since january that dont have Airdrop.

3 Likes

As @project_uwb said Badger or ICE had to give proper explanation around the sudden change of narrative inspite of sharing the airdrop addresses before, Definitely not the way a DAO should function may somebody should put up a proposal in Snapshot to get answers the DAO way :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yup - That’d be me. Had 50+ bBadger…now when I go to the badger site, it doesn’t even show the 5 bBadger I have in my wallet. I give up already!

1 Like

w00t just noticed i had 73 ice in my wallet. Thanks man thats n0ice !

I see you can stake those icecreams so just gave try on that.

3 Likes

I wanted to try staking you know the day it launched when I went to submit after approve tokens the next transaction gas limit went off like 30M I was like this looks to be shit.

Hours later dev were screaming do not withdraw I threw my hands

1 Like