Community Supporter 7th Month Proposal

# [ā†’ Proposal Can Be voted on Here ā† ]

Proposal description:

This proposal is for the continuation of the Support Swarm.

Proposal Rationale

Support Swarm has been actively working, making it easier for new individuals to get onboarded to 1Hive, help solving specifically technical problems that people may encounter using 1Hiveā€™s products, and educating those individuals to engage in blockchain transactions in a secure manner.

Last month, we have decided to make some changes in the structure of the swarm, some of which are as follows:

Our goals:

• To help with onboarding & troubleshooting.
  • Highly active team (high accountability no work = no pay)
  • Develop community people trained (group of 4 to consult with each other)
  • Facilitator role; he will supervise, review the analytics, and pay the correct amount of HNY to the supporters.
  • Keeping the Wiki updated.

Some changes:

• We have reduced the number of Support members from 5 to 4 but now the facilitator also has to act as a support member.
  • We have reduced the facilitator payment
  • Now, instead of reducing the payment in slow weeks, we will pay a fixed amount of 800$ a month per support member.
  • New Task: Keeping the Wiki updated
  • New Task: Now, The facilitator has to do some Feedback sessions with the members one time a month.

We now have two new roles in our Swarm:

• Senior Supporter: They are the permanent support team on 1hive.
    Requirements:
    • Have vast knowledge about 1Hive
    • Be available in the help channels and in Telegram
      A member can be removed if:
    • If absent for more than five days (Without telling us)
    • If someone violates our community covenant
    • Voluntarily
  • Junior Supporter: This spot is going to keep the rotation like before (1 member per month)

The idea overall is to have a solid support team. We will continue to pay some rewards for people who are actively helping and that are no part of the swarm.

Expected duration or delivery date (if applicable):

The funding requested is estimated to help us last for two more months.

Team Information (For Funding Proposals)

Senior Supporter:

Facilitator:

Skills and previous experience in related or similar work:

Each member of the swarm is knowledgeable about the way 1Hive operates, and has a deep understanding about the specifics of other more technical swarms such as Gardens and Tulip. Therefore, the members will easily provide accurate and fast solutions to the issues encountered by the users or will be able to direct new individuals who are willing to become a contributor to the relevant swarm.

Funding Information (For Funding Proposals)

Amount of HNY requested: 10,120$ - ca28HNY

Ethereum address where funds shall be transferred: 0xc04f47C474779cD115199291E177b84D167fE463

9 Likes

Note: After rotating the support spots the past months and checking the analytics, and due to lack of activity from some support members, we consolidated this team with the most active supporters in our community. We are open to rotating the spots if we see old members or new helpers stand out again.

As soon as we notice new helpers we can start with rotations again if the community decides to!

Remember that we are still experimenting with the best way to compensate for the support role in our community. If you have any suggestions, please let us know.

7 Likes

One of the things I found helpful when starting at MetaGame earlier this year was a weekly onboarding call that helped orient new community members. Perhaps this is something to consider adding to the supporter program? Even biweekly would provide value imoā€¦ a supporter can walk a group of newbees through a high level overview of 1Hive for 30 mins and then takes questions for 30 mins?
If this sounds like an interesting idea, Iā€™d be happy to help with creating a slide deck for the overviewā€¦that way different ppl could host it and speak from the same set of points. :thinking: :honeybee:

8 Likes

Weā€™ve had some discussions about that tho we just havenā€™t finished developing the idea i guess, Iā€™m personally in favor of doing so.

4 Likes

totally in favor of this. Actually it is our plan, weā€™d like to do a biweekly call on a fix day, rotate the support members that have to ā€œbe thereā€ and in these calls help new users with the most common issues.

thanks for your feedback @twells

5 Likes

Yeah we had a coordination call last week about some new things that we want to implement and one of those topics was how do we provide faster and better onboarding experience for the new members.

Ideally we will have 1 scheduled bi-weekly call for that and we want to make a presentation so I will contact you for this and we can work on it together. I will also need to make a form for new members to apply on the guestlist for these onboarding calls and see what interests them most.

6 Likes

sounds like a plan!
just lemme know if you want any help with templatizing the overview :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Love the idea of weekly calls. In some of the other communities Iā€™m in just weekly to bi-weekly community calls in general weā€™re extremely helpful in getting new members activated.

And excuse me for my lack of knowledge, is there currently an All-Garden call? Or an All DAO call? If not a monthly one would be pretty cool, each garden share what they do so new users could get a better idea of where they might belong - and bring a more human element into it rather than just reading about it online.

4 Likes

of wow, i love the idea of a community call of all Gardens DAO.

That would be a fantastic event. I donā€™t think related to Support, but definitely something that should be considered. Thanks @AbsoluteUnit , i think this is brilliant.

Yeah, a bi-weekly support call would be nice. I think, regardless of the need or not, we guys will be available at a given time in the voice channels, for letā€™s say 1h. and we try to help as many as possible with all questions related to 1hive, bridges, blockscout or technical support.

3 Likes

the best and most productive approach is the audiovisual approach few projects focus on this but the audience that exists in crypto generally we are young people from 22-30 years 1hive calls on youtube I do not miss any because it generates user interaction in addition to providing interesting knowledge and flashy things, I think Iā€™ve been a few months in the community and I love that.