Decentralized Marketing And Sales Strategy For 1Hive #Buzz

I agree that we need some channel to funnel quality content through to be used on social media platforms. I think we could even just try it and see. However, I think we could add a bit to this before roll out. This solution appears to provide a solution for rewarding content providers and provides ā€˜trusted sitesā€™ with potential quality content.

My concerns:
1.) how do we ensure this doesnā€™t become meme2.0 channel
2.) how do we reward people that are running trusted sites, really the question is how to incentivize running more sites?
3.) we have current std guidelines for content, how will this voting process enforce these standards (ie only vote on content that meet guidelines)

Lastly, thank you for your work. Personally I am not comfortable yet with the idea of proposals for work. Thatā€™s just me, we have cred through likes in discord and discourse. That should be a sufficient method for reward but thatā€™s for another debate. In the meantime those choices are a bit high, maybe 0-2 hny with ranged increments of 0.2 ie 0-0.2, .2-.4,.4-.6ā€¦etc

2 Likes

Great idea @D0SH !! amazing work

i have the feeling that a lot of bees from the buzz swarm have been thinking about this decentralization issue. I liked a lot your proposal, sounds possible and i might even say simple to implement , im very curious to see how it would perform.

It makes a lot of sense to have the information shown to the community be provided by the community. This can also be used as a marketing strategy as well, decentralized social media sounds like a very cool step to take. Iā€™d love to test this idea with the HoneyswapEs twitter account.

2 Likes

I agree that Buzz needs to be operated in a decentralized way, in the sense that contributors get to vote on contributions to feature in the multiple social medias. Social Media by design is centralized, but still can be configured in a way that more than one ā€œAdminā€ can moderate or operate an account.

#pollen does not work well at quality assessment and can be gamed which is unwanted.This can also be a problem when we are talking about following a ā€œconsensus votingā€ on discord.

I agree that account admins should be compensated but should also be held accountable if not doing their job properly.

Manual conviction voting does not work if anyone is allowed to vote or ā€œdouble voteā€. There must be an entry requirement which should be a commitment to be a participant in the swarm or team.

Marketing is not just social media. Marketing and Sales is not just about coming up with a fancy looking poster or image and upload it on social media. Itā€™s not just about creating Buzz.
Marketing is about converting people into sales and that covers everything from:

• What are we selling?
  • Where are we selling?
  • To who are we selling?
  • At what price are we selling? (What are the comparative advantages of using 1hive)
  • When are we selling? (like you mentionedā€¦ timing is everything)

So what is the #Buzz selling? Buzz is selling 1hive. Buzz should be selling the ecosystem and the way we operate, inviting new members and contributors.
Where are you selling? Well it should be anywhere since anyone can be a potential member of the hive. But who and where should we be focusing on? Should we be focusing on pump & hype youtube channels or should we be targeting communities with ā€œworkingā€ and proactive people? The answer is that it will depend on the specific campaign #Buzz is running.

And we come down to the core problem of being a decentralized organization: How can we manage and coordinate teams or members into specific marketing campaigns? Campaigns may be something simple like create hype around 1hive products, or organize online events/conferences. However, most campaigns should be ongoing and long term efforts such as create bridges to other projects and communities, create good documentation for new members, market research on improvements and sales opportunities for 1hive. We need to find out a way that these Campaigns can be coordinated and managed without an Admin, and also make it in a way that contributors are receiving far pay.
A suggestion would be to have a Buzz aragon swarm like we have for Pollen and Fauna, to serve as custody and deal with the allocation and reserve of funds coming out of the common pool for Buzz.

Each new campaign should be created as a team and be easy to be added to (as easy as wanting to participate). This team should introduce to the 1hive community their ideas and make a proposal for their marketing campaign on the Honey Pot. A Campaign is not to ā€œcreate youtube videosā€ (make it broad and provide good tangible examples of the expectations) something like Social Media Awareness Campaign would make more sense and yt videos would be an example.
Contributors should then coordinate within their teams how to proceed, they may create their own discord servers, subreddits, whatever fits.
At the end of the month, team members should give to the Buzz management team their team reward distributions taking into consideration their monthly budget they acquired from the Common-Pool. If there is no consensus regarding payment within the team, then the Buzz management team should try to moderate the discussion. If the Buzz management believes the work has not been accomplished, it is allowed to decrease or freeze payments. If the Buzz management abuses their roles during this process, there may be a justification for the Buzz management to be changed.

We need to start seeing swarms as independent branches of 1hive with independent management, and as if 1hive is outsourcing these other smaller organizations for their services. We are all 1hive, but swarms need to organize themselves with autonomy and independence. We canā€™t expect the general community to vote and solve for specific issues that are incredibly specific for each campaign/team.
If a swarm as an independent agency is failing, the common pool will be less interested in their services and may start funding an alternative new service provider.

9 Likes

i would not choose Democratic word to explain 1 hive community or its goal . ( we are human , and we intend to follow groups that present us (A or B,##) , in any community thereā€™s going to be effected people that have the ability to gather people around them) . Canā€™t sprats the effect of people on each other . therefore we going to have groups inside 1 hive either we wanted it or not .

Given equal power to people might not be Fair , imagine someone just joined 1 hive and started forcing his opinion using tools that would make him so . also there people who put alot of work into the project is it fair to treat them like someone just did 0 work :confused: .

Work around it is using BrightID to improve the fairness .Rather then make it open widely .

Swarm Marketingā€. :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

10 user (10-1)/2 =45 connection

100% ā€œBIG BRIANā€ :smiley:

a bit wildly

make all factors = 0 to calculated this .

No doubt that metcalfe theory works to some degree , expiation growth .
the problem how we going to invest into metcalfe theory to get what we wanted

also group mentality

Can you drew chart for this , talking can be bad or good . and not always = Fear of missing out

more like service.

can we create whatever we wants hmm, i dont think so . lets example 1hive logo , can i change its color , or can make resist joke and put 1 hive logo next to it . ? think about this , we are not free . we actually slaves to our ideas . and as community we should watch out for this not fire back to us

i will stop i thin we should have voice call about this , type here is not the best idea for this kind of information , @D0SH keep the good work :slight_smile:

4 Likes

thank you for this TLDR!

Awesome work mate! I think you did a lots of research before posting it. And I like the idea for SEO -social engineering and creating backlinks, organic traffic. I have never seen anyone talking about it here but that is the most important thing for 1hive right now (get discovered by new user/investor).

4 Likes

I love this idea! Great work @D0SH!! I just have a suggestion:

Seeing the results of Fridayā€™s AMA I think YouTube is one of the most important platforms that 1hive should be promoting. Along with Twitter, YT is probably the account that gets more exposure, but at the same time we should consider new platforms in the crypto space.
Theta or Hyprr could be examples for some of these new platforms that are great opportunities for 1hive as first-approach-to-crypto experiences for new users. I could commit to diversifying content in these platforms, but I would also encourage 1hive community members to start exploring what the next big social media platforms will be, since I personally think actual ones are becoming more and more obsolete every day for content creators.

I think that @luigy makes a super important point here that should be taken as a base regardless of what contributions we consider better for the community:

I think these guidelines @pab made are something that is going to be needed as accesible information for content creators: Creative Strategy Framework: A Strategic Approach to Content Generation

1 Like

@solarmkd @Monstrosity @Rod @luigy @boring877 @davidphoenix2020 @chuygarcia92
@pab

Hey Guys! Thank you all for taking the time to read the article. I will be in the cafe on Wednesday at 19:00UTC to answers all the questions brought up in the article so we can move forward faster with some marketing and sales. Let me know if the set date and time will not work for you either here or discord. Thanks again everyone :grin:

6 Likes

See you there in a couple of days @D0SH!

1 Like

The time is great Iā€™ll be there @D0SH !

Itā€™s totally realistic HNY to the moon.

1 Like

" Test yourself: ask the team, investors and loyal customers just one question. How can they describe your project in one sentence? If the answers donā€™t match, the first thing you need to worry about is not communication instruments, but building a unified brand image for your team, investors and clients."

A different model, but I think the principles apply.

3 Likes

very well written article! thanks for the share @metaverde. @Blazar take a sec and read this its pretty on point with the marketing DAO

Phew! Took me a couple sessions, but finally got through it :sweat: This doc seems very thought out, and I think you present good ideas. A couple thoughts.

Sounds like a use case for Celeste?

One of the biggest unsolved problems in DAOs generally. Good to be aware of this, but also good to create reasonable expectations?

Re: the decentralization, I can see youā€™ve thought deeply about these issues, and come up with some good solutions. Reminded me of an amazing article if you or anyone else hasnā€™t read it. Takes Bitcoin as a case study in decentralized marketing, comes up with some amazing insights. tldr; itā€™s OK to have a bunch of competing narratives. I think this is even more so true for 1Hive than Bitcoin, as there are far more potential use cases.

5 Likes

I love the headless brands post, another one from the same authors that is also somewhat relevant https://otherinter.net/web3/market-protocol-fit/

3 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to read it. I really enjoyed the article you linked and i highly advice others to read it. The reactive and proactive strategies they discuss is super on point with what we have curated for the buzz DAO proposal. creating two separate working entities within it(buzz social admins, buzz DAO members).

Celeste is going to be awesome for some of these cases

Yes some reasonable expectations for sure, especially for things like communal accounts.

1 Like

Amazing articles ! Thanks for sharing ! That is so close as vision to what we want to achieve with the Buzz Dao .

2 Likes

Had not seen this one! Totally agree with this whole thesis. Pretty much exactly what 1Hive is doing too. And I think it has the culture, tech stack and budget to purse lots of narratives and use casesā€¦Very exciting.

these articles got me :exploding_head: very nice reads

1 Like

Thank-you for commenting Pab.
This does need to come back to the top.
We are rolling out so much, and our branding needs love.