Everything about 1Hive in one place - newFAQ in development

Great to see you contributing to documentation and onboarding! Can I request that you maybe open up a PR to get some of your suggestions on to the main site itself as well? (Note that as of writing this the FAQ on the deployed main site is not currently up to date)

6 Likes

Because I canā€™t edit the OP I am using this post to add some things.

Discourse Admin request: Is there some way I can be allowed to edit the OP here so I can maintain the FAQ above?

@luigy put up a new xDAI faucet in case like me you forgot to keep any xDAI in your wallet for transactions and just need some xDAI.

xDAI - 0.01 xDAI faucet for people

We talked about donations for this but given the lack of security figured it was better to keep the amount there low and everyone who was going to donate just top it up with .1-.5 xDAI when people complain the faucet is empty.

To top up the faucet send xDAI to 0xfee00f40bFCf78B664063319912f82BE11ea32Ad - but donā€™t send more than .5-1xDAI at any time.

FYI: Regarding gwei settings for xDAI txā€™s these can be as low as .001, .000001, even .0000000000000001 you donā€™t need 1gwei to get a xDAI tx to be validated at least ā€˜not yetā€™. Enjoy the amazingly low fees and snappy transaction times while they last!

Twitter 1Hive - https://twitter.com/1HiveOrg

Some additional verification info relating to getting the orange Verified Role in discord.

9 Likes

I am totally a github newb so not familiar with how to do things there. Given this FAQ is a high speed moving target for me it seemed easier to just post a thread about it and have everyone heap in with comments and info. Once it settles then perhaps do a formal merge into the mainsite FAQ.

I am not against this. I am just not equipped or familiar with github yet to do anything there and I think this is an easier place for everyone that is informal and not official. Right now we see people posting like 10-15 links to different things in discord vs. just one simple post that has everything in one place it really is starting to clutter up chat with all the images and text to links in discord. Not so bad it canā€™t be used, but getting worse even as I write. And these are people really trying to help out.

4 Likes

When you feel comfortable merging it into the main site we can hop on the cafĆ© call in the Discord and Iā€™ll guide you. For editing single files you do not need to learn CLI tools or anything, it can just be done from the GitHub interface itself :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is awesome. Just made a donation. But is there a way to limit its use? say a particular address restricted to using it like once a week or something? To prevent abuse.

3 Likes

This will be the holy bible of 1hive community

3 Likes

initially bots were abusing the address but some additional security was wrapped around the faucet to prevent abuse.

3 Likes

I made a little guide on Pollen to help beginners on understanding the concept. This guide is weighted more towards discordā€™s side of pollen, because discord is the main starting point for bees. If there is any errors please let me know. I hope this infographic will be useful for beginners :smiley:

20 Likes

Love the design. Thanks for this guide

5 Likes

Thank you! Glad you liked it :smiley:

3 Likes

This will do it for a lot of people. God work. Iā€™ll link this in the 1Hive Jump Starter For Beginners article which i have created here The 1Hive Jump Starter For Beginners.

2 Likes

Nice design!
Maybe adding a small info on how pollen (cred) converts into HNY showing the ratio and minimum amount to be distributed would be nice.

3 Likes

Looks great. Thanks for the info!

1 Like

This is really awesome, I love the clean but effective design, good colours and great content! well done!

3 Likes

Boris nice work I really like this. I posted this to the discord to get more exposure! :slight_smile:

One comment i got back from Luke (lkngtn) is that we could change the pollen emote to the one used in the discord. Iā€™ve included it here for you:

https://discordapp.com/assets/936f7125fcf405a5d18bd84b0b52f47b.svg

Again really nice!

3 Likes

Thanks a lot :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks! Fixed the pollen emote here:

5 Likes

@borisblock great job man, clean design and easy to understand.

2 Likes

Great work man! A very neat infographic

3 Likes