Fauna (Moderation) Swarm Proposal

Like @Monstrosity mentioned… We have internal voting and we are usually get more members into Fauna when needed, the more active you are the bigger the chances to be chosen for Fauna role.

1 Like

Agree. These days discord is very quiet compared to before & we just funded the Buzz DAO for 67HNY for 1 month so the work provided by Fauna if they request 49 HNY should almost have the same impact on HNY next month as the Buzz DAO proposal.

Hey guys

All the interactions i have had with the members in this swarm have been really positive and I have no doubt they provide a ton of value. However, 40 HNY is a lot of money and its hard for me to vote for this as i don’t have a clue what you guys are actually doing.

If we are going to spend this much money, I would like to know exactly how it was spent. Without that I cant make an informed decision, nor can I assess the impact of the work done. Also, I cant see the Fauna swarm channel so lurking in the channel (which I do a lot) is not an option either.

My initial feeling is I dont think we need 12 community managers, I understand it not a full-time job for anyone but still its a lot. Also, there doesn’t seem to be much in the way of concrete deliverables.

This is awesome, I think producing a report should be part of the

Fauna meeting

4 Likes

Thanks for recording it. (if its possible next time can you make the list longer so we see who speaks?)
I liked the rotating 2 Fauna members each month suggestion and making a public Fauna channel.

And after hearing the Fauna meeting i’m even more of the opinion that 49 HNY is definitely too much for next round, not really much going on these days on discord & with the community helping out for free these days i think 3 Fauna members is more than enough.

Why don’t we reduce the Fauna group to 3 active members then we can still give them the same 3 HNY as reward each and when it gets busier on discord like the crazy days you can just add people to the group to increase support.

Thank you all for your thoughts in the open Fauna meeting a few days ago. I’ve gone through with the members and adjusted the numbers for Fauna’s December budget. I think this is more in line now with the value that we have brought this month. There is also some DAO funds for 1Hive members that have had a positive impact on the community that we will be distributing - similar to the Fauna awards last month.

Additionally, a few of the Fauna members will be stepping down as they’re interests have changed, or they don’t have time anymore to fulfil the Fauna duties, so there will be some changes including some additions to the Fauna team as we continue to see how we can expand and have a positive impact on the community.

Fauna members considering stepping down at this time are Fresh, CrisOG & RogueTwo. Considerations we’ve had for additions have been Monstrosity and Metaverde, but the discussion is still open on this. My current thoughts are the downsizing will allow Fauna to have a more coordinated approach in the community so I would like to see how this plays out before adding additional members.

I also want to mention in regards to Fauna duties, one thing that was mentioned in the meeting that came up was the differences between the buzz swarm and fauna swarms in terms of moderation. The buzz swarm will primarily be focused on introducing new members to the ecosystem, whereas Fauna members will be responsible for onboarding members, ensuring that new members are aware of what the 1Hive ecosystem has to offer, and where to find the necessary resources. While buzz can be focused on building the network and expanding it, Fauna needs to be there to help keep it glued together. I also know many other members have stepped up to help and provide help in terms of moderation, and that is fantastic. This is why we will continue to dedicate a portion of our funding to the community in support of everyone working together to grow the ecosystem.

I have removed the previous Fauna proposal, and created a new updated proposal for 31.5HNY here: https://1hive.org/#/proposal/93. Thank you for your comments and support!

3 Likes

It’s still too much, didn’t any fauna members read my message above it had 0 response and you just put up new proposal.

You guys just discussed this in private on your private Fauna channel and come up with 31 HNY which is still too much.

If the community is helping with onboarding members and its way less traffic and moderating going on then why do we need 11 Fauna members?
And when you say tasks: moderation, discord support, support in design, fud elimination, telegram, that’s all the same in differents words.

1 Like

And when i say 11 Fauna members i’m talking about next month, don’t go into january with 11 Fauna members and then request funding when the month is over when its so quiet you don’t need 11 Fauna members.

I agree, 2-3 people are more than enough for moderation throughout all the platforms.

Hey Linca,

For sure I think your concerns are valid with the amount of members. I think as a whole though, the efforts of the group would greater than the effort of 3 full time fauna moderators like you suggested in your post. Assuming we went the route of having 3 moderators, at 27HNY (ask for the moderation) * $170 that gives fauna moderators a total of $4,590 which even split between say 3 full time moderators is still around $1,500 - which is still relatively cheap to have someone here full time doing those tasks. I don’t think the total funding requested is that off base.

2 Likes

But why is the price for 3 moderators 27 HNY?
Why is moderating considered a full time job like a real job?
There are people here from countries where the monthly wage is way less than that.

If it’s really a DAO and we want the best moderation that is available the most amount of hours for the smallest price why dont we put up a form that people can fill in like a job application if this is considered a real job and let people say how much hours they are willing to moderate a day, everyday for 1 month and what $ amount they want for it.

I bet you will find people willing to moderate the channel for 10/12 hours a day for way less than 1500$

Don’t twist my words (this was a reply to a Fauna member, i forgot his name, but he has since removed his message)

Here is a suggestion for having the best moderation in the future without draining the 1hive funds:

• Put up a proposal that 3 members of the current Fauna create a guide for moderation, a guide that consists of all the tasks & the most frequent questions + the answers.
  • Create an application form where everyone can apply for the moderation job and where they say the amounts of hours a day they are available + at what time + expected monthly reward
  • Select 3 moderators with good english, most hours available at decent monthly wage, and setup a minimum monthly reward so they get at least 750$ for example.
  • Select 1 Fauna member that will get the same reward as the 3 selected moderators and he will support the moderators if they have any questions since he has the most experience, he doesn’t have to moderate but he just has to help the moderators if they need help & update the moderation guide if neccesary.

This way we have constant moderation at a decent price, and don’t keep this group of 11 Fauna members and start adding new tasks to their function so you can keep the group of 11, just keep Fauna for moderation and create a new proposal/swarm for those new tasks if you feel they should get compensated.

1 Like

My thoughts, which may change.

Since Fauna has the ban hammer I believe it is just plumb ducky to have a minion of Fauna… a minion being 10… as that will reduce the chances of any bans being personal.

3 people is in no way enough to moderate across all of the platforms Buzz DAO currently manages, especially once we’re back on track with actively onboarding.

We have multiple Telegrams, Instagrams, and Twitters, Discourse, Discord, Facebook, and possibly LinkedIn. I would ask that in the context of moderating that Fauna dedicate to checking each account daily for moderation needs, as well as be available on short notice for emergency moderation situations.

With regard to payment, I am thinking that instead of grousing about Fauna being paid too much we revise our thinking and start paying more to other roles. Paying for value will encourage, not discourage, the use of Honey and will increase our velocity and our standing in the DAO communities. In my opinion.

It makes sense for the social media admins, who are active in Buzz, to also be Fauna members. As we are already on social we are looking at it daily and hopefully tracking responses. It might work to have a slightly lower $HNY alotment to Buzz/Fauna dual roles if the Buzz duties include being social admin, as we’re already on that channel anyway… like if my Fauna role were Twitter moderation… I haven’t thought that through though, and I also don’t know how much of Fauna is moderation v other roles, and I don’t know that the same person should moderate and admin the same platform instance.

I am happy to be being considered for a Fauna role.
At first I was thinking it would be more not learning to make crazy fun tokens time spent, but then I realized how important what 1Hive is doing is, and that I can just learn to use my time better.

2 Likes

I rather have 4 people being paid for having the “ban hammer” than +10 so the “ban hammer” doesn’t get personal. If it gets personal then that person abusing his authority is just going to be replaced anyway so that’s not really an argument.

3 people full time is enough to discord & telegram etc

The whole point of my post was to seperate different duties and not for you start auditioning for a Fauna role lol, when i used my 50 HNY to vote for the Buzz proposal it was not for you start mingling your Buzz role with Fauna so you are now in both swarms.

This was included in the Buzz proposal, so don’t try to get in Fauna when your just doing what the Buzz proposal said.

Payments for buzz dao admins i dont think are inclusive to any of the admin duties at the time. The differences which were stated above were:

I also want to mention in regards to Fauna duties, one thing that was mentioned in the meeting that came up was the differences between the buzz swarm and fauna swarms in terms of moderation. The buzz swarm will primarily be focused on introducing new members to the ecosystem, whereas Fauna members will be responsible for onboarding members, ensuring that new members are aware of what the 1Hive ecosystem has to offer, and where to find the necessary resources. While buzz can be focused on building the network and expanding it, Fauna needs to be there to help keep it glued together. I also know many other members have stepped up to help and provide help in terms of moderation, and that is fantastic. This is why we will continue to dedicate a portion of our funding to the community in support of everyone working together to grow the ecosystem.

If we consider buzz dao admin funding then each ‘moderator’ of the media channels was given 1-2HNY allocated for the 1st month. This was again retroactive payment for all the work the social admins did beforehand and never received payment for (as the buzz dao was in a proposal phase for a long time). Future payments will likely be based off of influence using metrics so there wont necessarily be a base or static pay for any of the members through the buzz dao (with the exception of club members).

We can look at restructuring more and improving efficiency in the fauna dao, but again i dont think the asking price is unreasonable. We may have to look at specifics about the funding that you’re not happy with as again it seems justified to me, or we may just not have your support on this matter.

4 Likes

Seems like ignoring 90% of my messages is the way here, and ofcourse you probably don’t need my support anymore cause now Buzz & Fauna swarms should be able to gather 142HNY to pass the proposal right?
You already have 6 Fauna members in buzz swarm, soon we’ll have 5 swarms that pay out HNY and we’ll see Fauna members being in all 5 swarms and all proposals for the swarms will get supported by swarms only and pass just like that.
I don’t think this was how it was suppose to go.

Good job Fauna has gotten strong enough to pass it own proposals.
I call this scamming with a friendly face.

2 Likes

I don’t mean to ignore the rest of this thread, will try and comment on rest a bit later, but I think its absolutely unfounded and ridiculous to imply that anyone on the fauna team is in anyway a scammer.

6 Likes

Will I get likes If I say something good about Fauna proposal :smiley:

2 Likes

Lol.
I hope I don’t get in trouble for liking that, but I miss a lot of opportunities to sprinkle you with cred, and your inputs are constant, on point, and helpful.