The Gardens Swarm is requesting 700 HNY (~$8,680) to fund operations for the next 2-4 months.
Here are the short term objectives of the Gardens Swarm:
Advancing on our Sprint Planning backlog, which includes:
- Multi-chain Celeste via Connext
- Adding a Protocol fee for Gardens funding proposals (optional update for existing gardens)
- Enabling Conviction Voting with time-locked tokens
- Deploy gardens on other networks (Arbitrum, Optimism)
- NextJS and Typescript migrations
- Poll Proposals
- Wallet upgrade PR + Unstoppable Domain integration
Solidifying our vision for a Gardens v2 that meets these criteria:
- More accessible and friendlier for new DAO creators
- More flexible, allowing for multiple voting strategies
- Upgradeable for existing Gardens
- As decentralized and secure as existing Gardens
- Achievable with available resources
It’s been nearly a year since the last Gardens Swarm funding proposal - in the past year we’ve faced consistent headwind both in the macro crypto/web3 environment and in the stalled momentum of the 1Hive DAO. These have hurt our ability to resource plans for improving and maintaining Gardens.
Despite these challenges, the Gardens Swarm continues to make steady progress. In the last month the Gardens team has:
- Migrated all of 1Hive’s subgraphs from hosted service to The Graph’s decentralized subgraph network
- Deployed Gardens to Goerli network following the deprecation of Rinkeby testnet
- Fixed an issue that had broken 1Hive’s BrightID sponsorships.
You can track all of our activity, payments, and Planning Board on the new Gardens Teamspace in Notion.
With this recent momentum, we feel justified in requesting additional funding from the 1Hive community, which we need to meet our short term objectives while working towards the best possible future for Gardens. The active contributors to Gardens are quite confident in the future of 1Hive and Gardens, and are committed to seeing through the vision of 1Hive creating a more free and fair future.
Expected duration or delivery date (if applicable):
With a current burn rate of $4,800/mo and upcoming funding expected from the Gitcoin Grants Alpha Round plus DAO Drops, we expect this proposal to fund operations for the next 2-4 months.
Team Information (For Funding Proposals)
Current Gardens Swarm active contributors:
Funding Information (For Funding Proposals)
Amount of HNY requested:
Ethereum address where funds shall be transferred:
More detailed description of how funds will be handled and used:
The Gardens swarm uses our own system of Basic Income to fund contributors.