Honey & Honeyswap Coinmarketcap Listing

We have tried sometime ago, if i recall i think the reason given by blockfolio and delta was that HNY was not on any of the exchange that they track, can’t remember clearly now but i know it was something along that line.

2 Likes

yes, it is the exact same concept. they need the exchange first and then the token, unless the token is already somewhere else.

as of now the listing process for HNY highly depends on the listing of the exchange. Once on mainnet this won’t be a problem, but the whole application process must be done - i suppose - from scratch, since the richlist is going to be different.

Never used it as a portfolio, just to check prices

Yes, most of us use it for this purpose. Having a proper listing also allows you to get a good grasp of the circulating supply, market cap, circulating supply, all important elements to judge the potential of a project

Excelente informaciĂłn

2 Likes

Bounty update 2.0

Greetings fellow Bees!

I have recently talked with @Stonky after I saw assistance was required with the bounty and decided to take up the task of working on the project to finally finish what he started.

Let us quickly examine the Bounty:

Coinmarketcap Bounty

:dart: Bounty Objective

The above has been completed by @Stonky and @metaverde.

The following still needs to be completed:

:chart_with_upwards_trend:Bounty Goal

• Increase exposure To Honeyswap, 1Hive, $HNY
  • Provide accurate financial details to new investors
  • Create backlinks from a high traffic site for SEO

Furthermore:

:open_book: Bounty Details

• Have information fully completed for a profile on coinmarket cap for $HNY Token. Example
  • Update and streamline information for Honeyswap Exchange profile
  • Add web links including website links, contract addresses (xdai & eth once added), message board (forums), chat (telegram)
  • Populate API data for honeyswap exchange to pull data for $HNY
  • Link appropriate branded twitter accounts to each profile
  • fill out detailed information about honeyswap & honey under the ‘about’ sections

Alright, I have bolded the two most important points in the details section which must be completed and that is, of course, completing the whole profile, and as one of the sub-tasks, it is to populate API data for honeyswap. To this point we will come later.

The main job now is to update accurate information on CMC, specifically, we want to have a page for the exchange that is alike to any other DEX. As an example Uniswap:

It is necessary for us to reach the “tracked listing” status on CMC for this purpose. I will now post the most important requirements for this type of listing in a collapsible:

Summary

(2) Exchanges

For an exchange to be considered for a tracked listing, it should meet the following guidelines:

1. A functional website with trading volume that matches its API data.

2. Must publish a summary API endpoint that exposes the last price and 24h volume of each cryptoasset.

3. See a sample of an ideal API endpoints. Exchanges must include a variable for ‘type’ of market to help us distinguish derivatives (e.g. perpetual swaps, options, physically-delivered futures) from spot markets.

4. Must be in operation for at least sixty days (The number of days that affiliated exchanges/projects of the same name have been in operation counts towards this requirement).

5. Must allow traders to place buy and sell orders on an orderbook. DEXes with no orderbook data will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

6. Must allow users to view all market pairs/order books without the need to log-in to the website.

7. Must have direct URLs that display each asset unambiguously (full asset name and/or logo), preferably with a ‘System Status’ page that shows all listed assets.

8. Must be able to provide a representative from the exchange with whom we can establish open lines of communication for any clarifications.

9. Requests originating from emails that share the domain of the exchange will be prioritized.

(3) Listing Tiers

Projects that do not meet the guidelines may still be featured on the site as untracked listings, as outlined in Item (3) below.

1. Inactive Listing - Projects that have been set to inactive status due to the absence of market data on at least one CMC-supported exchange or cessation of operations. To qualify for a reactivation review, the project must be able to demonstrate that the asset is actively traded with material volume on at least two CMC-supported exchanges.
  2. Unverified Listing - Projects whose price data show up through automated processes, but have not been reviewed by CMC.
  3. Untracked Listing - Projects that do not meet the guidelines in Section B1/B2 to track market data, but nevertheless exhibit strengths in a number of areas of Section C (Evaluation Framework) below.
  4. Tracked Listing - Projects that have met the guidelines in Section B1/B2 and exhibit strengths in a number of areas of Section C.

(SECTION C) Evaluation Framework

Beyond the guidelines, we perform our evaluation holistically and pay close attention to a multitude of factors (both quantitative and qualitative). Getting listed is therefore not simply a matter of ticking off a checklist or hitting predefined thresholds, as we benchmark submissions against others in the cohort. These factors include but are not limited to:

S/N Factor Description Examples
1 Trading Volume & Market Pairs Trading volume and liquidity help with establishing a market price for users to acquire and sell cryptoassets. We also pay close attention to the market pairs on supported exchanges and the sources of the volume. * https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/

Furthermore, the form we will have to fill out:

Summary

Submit a request

For advertising queries, please complete this form - https://coinmarketcap.com/advertising. Please review ALL the options and select the CORRECT form to ensure that your request gets routed to the correct team. Priority will be given to requesters that submit well-structured, actionable, and complete information to the CORRECT form. 2 - [New Listing] Add exchange

Your email address

Subject Field (Please adhere to the format)

Please refer to this format as an example. [Project’s full name] - [Symbol] - [Request, e.g. Add Market, Add cryptoasset/exchange, Update cryptoasset/exchange, update supply]

Methodology Review

I declare that I have read, understood, and fully agree to the terms and conditions stipulated at https://coinmarketcap.com/methodology/

Support Terms

I acknowledge that CoinMarketCap reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to determine the suitability of my request for the site. In the event that CoinMarketCap rejects my request, I acknowledge that CoinMarketCap is not obligated to inform me or provide any reasons for such refusal.

Accuracy Declaration

I declare that the information provided on the form is accurate and complete to the best of my knowledge and that failure to fulfill these requirements may render my request inadmissible.

Relationship with the Project

Please describe your relationship with the project (e.g. CEO, founder, employee, community member and exchange)

Launch Date (Exchange)

Project Name

Please provide the FULL name of the project (e.g. Bitcoin, Ethereum, Ripple, Holochain, Binance, Bittrex).

Previous Names/Aliases (Type ‘NA’ if not applicable)(optional)

Affiliation with other exchanges (Type ‘NA’ if not applicable)(optional)

Shared liquidity pool/order books with other exchanges (Type ‘NA’ if not applicable)(optional)

Where possible, substantiate your points with evidence from credible, independently verifiable sources.

Project Description (Exchanges)

Our data shows that our users spend more time on pages that use descriptions that adhere to this template: https://tinyurl.com/yy2mw9v7. Recommended word count: 450 - 600 words. Minimize the use of hyperbole, superlatives, and redundant statements (e.g. leading, amazing, best, first of its kind, state of the art, decentralized blockchain). It should not read like a sales pitch. Sample 1: https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/luno/. Sample 2: https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/liquid/. Launched on [dd/mm/yyyy], ___ is a (de)centralized exchange based in [office address/country]. It supports __ fiat pairs/fiat deposits/fiat withdrawals/derivatives/futures/options/lending/OTC/IEOs. It is licensed by [regulator, e.g. FINMA].

Media Coverage/Awards(optional)

Provide valid URL(s) to articles/references.

Unique Features

Explain how your project differentiates itself from alternatives and the status quo. Quantify and qualify your points with concrete and specific examples. Where possible, substantiate your points with evidence from credible, independently verifiable sources.

API documentation

Provide a valid URL.

Five (5) API Endpoint URLs (Please see: https://tinyurl.com/y2hj58pd)

Provide valid URL(s). Please separate each endpoint URL with a comma. Congruence of your endpoints with our 5 ideal samples will expedite the integration process (IF we decide to move forward with integration).

Trading Pairs(optional)

Indicate the total number of trading pairs on your exchanges (e.g. 50 pairs in total as of [date]). Insert a sample list of URLs that link directly to the specific market(s)/pair(s). For example, https://www.binance.com/en/trade/pro/BTC_USDT INSTEAD of www.binance.com

Traction/Adoption/Partnerships/MVPs/Apps

This can take the form of user growth, partnerships, enterprise/consumer adoption, and roadmap progress. Quantify and qualify your points with concrete and specific examples. Where possible, provide evidence/links for verification.

Community Engagement

Total size of community across ALL channels and initiatives to drive engagement.

Team/Backers/Investors

Provide a list of key employees, investors, and advisors. Describe their core competencies and past experience/achievements, and explain their involvement in your project. Where possible, provide evidence/links for verification.

Regulation/Licence (If any)(optional)

Regulation/Licence (if any - Please specify the authority that you are regulated by and provide proof for verification).

Terms of Service URL(optional)

Insert a valid URL. The Terms of Service URL usually shows the legal domicile of the exchange.

Geographical focus

Please provide a geographical breakdown of your existing (or targeted) user base (e.g. Japan, Korea). Where possible, provide evidence/links for verification.

Office Location(s)/Address(es)(optional)

Where possible, provide evidence/links for verification.

Country of Origin (where majority of team is located)

Please indicate the country where the majority of your team is located. If applicable, please provide a list of countries and indicate the location of your headquarters.

Fiat Deposits (please specify the fiat pairs; Stablecoins [e.g. USDT] are NOT classified as fiat)

Fiat Withdrawals (please specify the fiat pairs; Stablecoins [e.g. USDT] are NOT classified as fiat)

Cybersecurity Measures

Examples include penetration testing frequency and security audits. Where possible, provide evidence/links for verification. Enter ‘NA’ if this is not applicable.

Features (e.g. OTC/Derivatives)

You may select more than 1 option.

KYC -

Trading Incentives

You may select more than one option.

Website URL (Ability to view ALL market pairs and order books without the need to log-in)

Please note that this domain will be used for web traffic tracking purposes.

Link to Logo

3 conditions MUST be met: (1) Transparent background; (2) Square (200x200); unequal dimensions will be rejected! (3) PNG format. See https://onlinepngtools.com/create-transparent-png and https://www.photoresizer.com/.

Trading Fee Structure

Provide a valid URL. Example: https://www.kucoin.com/news/en-fee

Deposit/Withdrawal Fee Structure

Provide a valid URL. Example: https://www.kucoin.com/news/en-fee

System status URL that shows all coin listings/details (e.g. full name, logo, project URL) (optional)

Please see https://www.altilly.com/page/status.

Exchange Hot/Cold Wallet Addresses(optional)

Proof of Solvency/Reserves/Liabilities. Where possible, provide evidence/links for verification. Enter ‘NA’ if this not applicable or if you are unable to provide the addresses.

Email

Twitter(optional)

Insert a valid URL.

Chat 1 (e.g. Discord, Telegram, Slack, Weibo).(optional)

Insert a valid URL.

Chat(s) 2, 3, 4, 5 (e.g. Discord, Telegram, Slack, Weibo).(optional)

Insert valid URL(s). If there is more than 1 URL, please separate each entry with a comma.

Mobile App 1 (e.g. Google Play store, iTunes store)(optional)

Insert a valid URL.

Mobile App(s) 2, 3, 4, 5 (e.g. Google Play store, iTunes store)(optional)

Insert valid URL(s). If there is more than 1 URL, please separate each entry with a comma.

Message Board 1 (e.g. Blog/Medium)(optional)

Insert a valid URL.

Message Board(s) 2, 3, 4, 5 (e.g. Blog/Medium)(optional)

LinkedIn(optional)

Insert a valid URL.

[Optional] Are you willing to provide (dofollow) linkbacks to CMC?

8 out of 10 applicants are willing to do so. Please see: https://gyazo.com/d76a8f1d7293bf9155b57d617c9b6efc. To understand what ‘dofollow’ means, please see: https://blog.alexa.com/dofollow-vs-nofollow-links/

Proof/Supporting evidence/documents

Provide proof (e.g. imgur, gyazo) that the request is authentic (e.g. info is reflected on website, announcement thread, twitter page, etc.). Please ensure that the requested updates match what is found on the project’s website/social media accounts. If the request entails changing the project’s website, please explain why the team is unable to get the original URL to redirect to the new website. Type ‘NA’ if not applicable.

Attachments(optional)

Add file or drop files here

In essence it is necessary to collect a very large amount of information and organise it into a presentable form. That is most easily done by firstly referring to the necessary requirements (2). It is also necessary to address the points of the section C (Evaluation framework) to prove the quality and longevity of the project, which I do not think we will have a problem with since these are very community quality centered, which is exactly a quality our community excels at.

All of this will be then packed into the above mentioned form and submitted for evaluation.

The plan

This task is solvable and will require two bees, one for the general information collection, organisation and project explanation, another one for handling the technical requirements as outlined in (2) under 1., 2., possibly 7. and 4.

This means the bees claiming this bounty would be:

• Friedrengi (me) on the general information collection, organisation and project explanation. I am specifically excited about the points in Section C since I have in essence already written a short form of analysis on 1Hive in this forum post, which will be a joy to expand upon and thus convince the people at CMC to feature us.

• A bee representing the :tulip: Tulip swarm that will help me with the parts mentioned under (2) 1., 2., possibly 7. and 4., and other technical details. The bee is, of course, free to contribute to anything beyond that and also influence my work.

As of this post I will start collecting information immediately and would like to ask the bees from the
:tulip: Tulip swarm to pick a candidate to help me out. In essence I would then privately arrange with the bee at what point we can meet in the Discord and discuss the project. I encourage the bee to read through the text “inside” the collapsibles and confirm they know what is required to handle this.

Timeframe

With enough concentration I can get the 1Hive part of this job done on Saturday. Thus, the timeframe would be Saturday plus the time it takes for CMC to review our form and edit our exchange page on their website.

End comments

@Stonky and @metaverde have done a great job getting $HNY properly listed on CMC, so it’s time to finish this off and have the exchange listed, may there be even more $HNY gains :money_mouth_face:.

10 Likes

Awesome layout love your plan!, will update the bounty contributors to reflect :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Spot on man.

I’m glad you are on board. If I can be of any assistance, you’re always welcome to drop a line.

2 Likes

Yep, @FriedRengi is the man for the job :wink:

1 Like

Thank you Stonky! Let’s do it.

1 Like

So I have to correct myself, I have updated the post, I need a :tulip:Tulip Swarm bee for this!

I was most likely tired or disoriented while writing it, I will post in the Discord now immediately.

2 Likes

Happy to put forward any leg work with any mundane tasks preparing back links, whether bounty or bounti-less. I would otherwise ask the forum and maybe @FriedRengi about what relevant marketing data we have that has previously been done to attract links and a larger market narrative between honey and:

Popular 3rd party links relating to:

1. Trends
  2. Visually driven content, (charts and vids)
  3. Market segments we don’t want to discriminate against, by not including in back links

I am assuming the market research needs to be done by the bees and bounty hunters so wanted to ask here if we have service resources first, but if all the marketing campaign is configured already then I’m happy to put my hand up to plug the values in to the information published on CMC.

2 Likes

Thank you for all your hard work!

Alright so a quick update on the situation, I am extending the timeframe to next week because:

• The CMC team has asked specifically for contact to one of our seed members because they are most likely more comfortable dealing with this whole listing process in a “non-DAO” way, so to say.

• I have not yet received assistance from a :tulip: Tulip bee (see thread) which I require to procceed further.

Again, if someone is able to please message me about the second point, and for the first point I guess we will see tommorow what will happen.

A little update: Logo of HNY has been changed

2 Likes

I think we need to be really careful how we use investors.
We’re the investors when we participate in the DAO.
There’s not really financial investors as near as I can discern.
Also, I apologize if this is what you meant.
People who buy Honey as speculation aren’t investing in 1Hive or Honeyswap, and people who provide liquidity are investors, but they aren’t really investing in Honeyswap but rather in themselves, I think.

1 Like

Just as said, their stuff is geared towards centralized exchanges or the more popular style exchanges, if I could call them like that (Uniswap and so on). Also they haven’t been answering since the weekend, but I think we’re on a good way to come to terms with them. Just for them to answer our mails.

Also, just for the sake of utility there is no point in stressing this or that, we just want our listing right now, it’s our job to inform other people of how our community works properly.

2 Likes

I think Uniswap isn’t an issue to list because Uniswap is on Mainnet.
Uniswap isn’t a centralized exchange; it’s a dex too.
Honeyswap is a clone of Uniswap, so exchange-wise it’s exactly the same.
It’s just that Honeyswap is on a non-standard blockchain, xDai network, that Honeyswap doesn’t have crazy high liquidity yet, and that Honeyswap doesn’t have a central point of control. Tbh though, if we had huge volume no doubt we’d be listed everywhere already regardless of being DAO run or being on xDai.

I believe there actually is a point in stressing how we use investors in the context of the exchange and the DAO because it goes to whether Honey is a security or not. There are huge legal implications and investigations can be triggered by verbiage.

Not to belabor a side point.

It’s important to keep in mind that the dex is a project of the DAO and not that the DAO is a side product of the dex. The purpose of 1Hive isn’t to create effective friendly degens for Honeyswap.
The purpose of Honeyswap is to run experiments in funding and fund the DAO, 1Hive.

People seem to be coming at this with the idea that Honeyswap is the center and purpose of 1Hive and that all success or failure rests on the exchange.
That’s not actually how this all works.

Getting the exchange listed is amazing and important and hopefully will help the DAO, but it isn’t the purpose of the DAO. There are a lot of other projects happening, and with other exchanges moving to xDai as well as Honey moving to other blockchains, we may ultimately find that maintaining Honeyswap no longer makes sense.

Our liquidity doesn’t need to be on Honeyswap to be valuable and useful.

New weekly update on the situation. Basically waiting for someone to do the API data, it will most likely be @lkngtn since he is the only one that said he could do it at some point. We are pretty lax so if any other bee wants to jump in on this feel free. After that task is done things should go smooth.

We also received an e-mail back from CMC, they basically said: “Ok! Great!” (meaning fill out the form). So yeah, we know what we have to do.

Keep on buzzing bees!

2 Likes

Thank you for sticking this out.
These things never end, lol.
Much better than the old days tho.
Good work people.

1 Like