Honey & Honeyswap Coinmarketcap Listing

Hi everyone, good morning/afternoon/evening.

I hope you’ll have a good end of this crazy year. :honeybee:

Anyway, just a short post. I’ve been working on the Coinmarketcap Listing for Honey. Truly something I have never done before, but it was a good thing to work on. :slightly_smiling_face:
Metaverde helped me with the richlist as I do not have any experience with blockscout yet.

I sent a request yesterday, 30.12.2020 and we already got listed as “untracked listing”.

In order to get properly listed we need to fulfill these 4 points:

1. Leverage cryptography, consensus algorithms or distributed ledgers, peer-to-peer technology and/or smart contracts to function as a store of value, medium of exchange, unit of account, or decentralized application.
  2. Must have a functional website and block explorer. (I already submitted these info)
  3. Must be traded publicly, and actively traded on at least one (1) exchange (with material volume) that has tracked listing status on CoinMarketCap.
  4. Provide a representative from the project with whom we can establish open lines of communication for any clarifications.

I asked, anyway, for clarifications, and they replied to me:

Honeyswap’s page (https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/honeyswap/) must be completed. This is not something I worked on, so until this is not completed HNY won’t be properly listed.

I found the requirements for an exchange listing, which are:
1 A functional website with trading volume that matches its API data.
2 Must publish a summary API endpoint that exposes the last price and 24h volume of each cryptoasset.
2.1. See sample of an ideal API endpoints. Exchanges must include a variable for ‘type’ of market to help us distinguish derivatives (e.g. perpetual swaps, options, physically-delivered futures) from spot markets.
3 Must be in operation for at least sixty days (The number of days that affiliated exchanges/projects of the same name have been in operation counts towards this requirement).
4 Must allow traders to place buy and sell orders on an orderbook. DEXes with no orderbook data will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
5 Must allow users to view all market pairs/order books without the need to log-in to the website.
6 Must have direct URLs that display each asset unambiguously (full asset name and/or logo), preferably with a ‘System Status’ page that shows all listed assets.
7 Must be able to provide a representative from the exchange with whom we can establish open lines of communication for any clarifications.
8 Requests originating from emails that share the domain of the exchange will be prioritized.
Listing Criteria Here - Section (B) - 3

If anyone can, during the next days, work on Honeyswap’s listing, hopefully Honey’s submission will be considered quickly.

I’d like to finish wishing you a fantastic 2021, I am enjoying and learning a lot by keeping in touch with this community. I’m looking forward for what’s coming next for 1Hive. :honeybee: :honey_pot:

6 Likes

Appreciate the effort stonky. Hopefully seeders or anyone who can provide the required info steps up to the task.

1 Like

Thank you Stonky.
They sure got back fast.
That’s great!

1 Like

I hope so too!
I certainly did my best, I’m sorry I can’t pull it off 100% eheh.

I personally don’t even use Coinmarketcap, but exposure is important and it surely doesn’t hurt to be on another coin-tracking platform.

Thanks for your answers!

You’re so welcome.
Facepalm on the API question.
I remembered in the middle of the night.

@lkngtn was invaluable helping me.

Any idea why its not on Blockfolio?

1 Like

Because nobody’s applied to Blockfolio to have it added?
The exchange and token listing forms are time consuming and detailed and often need to be resubmitted.

Since Honeyswap is on xdai chain it’s a little tricksier sometimes as well.

we can try to apply for that too. But if it’s like with Coinmarketcap, they’ll probably ask for Honeyswap first, so until that’s not in place HNY token is a step behind in my opinion

Is there another app everyone is using to track price? Been using blockfolio for years but always open to looking into something new.

Try coingecko: https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/honey

We have tried sometime ago, if i recall i think the reason given by blockfolio and delta was that HNY was not on any of the exchange that they track, can’t remember clearly now but i know it was something along that line.

1 Like

yes, it is the exact same concept. they need the exchange first and then the token, unless the token is already somewhere else.

as of now the listing process for HNY highly depends on the listing of the exchange. Once on mainnet this won’t be a problem, but the whole application process must be done - i suppose - from scratch, since the richlist is going to be different.

Never used it as a portfolio, just to check prices

Yes, most of us use it for this purpose. Having a proper listing also allows you to get a good grasp of the circulating supply, market cap, circulating supply, all important elements to judge the potential of a project