Marketing: Knowledge Bank

As part of the Meeting we had yesterday, we discussed many ideas around onboarding users when they actually find out about us, usually via the faucet but also in by other means. I understand @solarmkd and @davidphoenix2020 are looking at creating a landing page of some kind - so I thought I would add some ideas.

Adding a knowledge bank page would be essential - rather than digging around on the forum. A simple interactive page that links directly on how to get started should be the way in my opinion.

Something minimalistic and straight forward from the faucet like this would be ideal - or actually having this imbedded somewhere in the faucet would could work wonders as people can just get started straight away.

8 Likes

Yeah @HoneyB this is what we want to do , this design looks clean and nice , we are going to have similar structure to this one, setting up metamask and using the bridges are for sure most important for new users… @davidphoenix2020 will make sure it looks amazing and i will help him with the content .

1 Like

Looks great! Keep this interface scope small focusing on the products directly related to swaps. It shouldn’t include things that aren’t directly UI. I would even keep farming out of scope which it looks like you guys are doing. Great work!

Yes we are going to create simple and minimalistic knowledge bank page with UI button linked to faucet. It will be new page with beautiful UI and easy to navigate all of this stuff. And all the that contents @Harry mentioned in this discourse Updates to make 1Hive homepage more useful.

2 Likes

Voted and totally 100% agreed with your idea. It very helpful for our users

Sorry, but there are like 15 different wiki/guide projects now. Maybe it would be worth trying to consolidate our efforts instead of duplicating the same information across different channels? :smiley:

We have some documentation on about.1hive.org that I wanted to turn into something more wiki-like with guides and stuff, I know @luigy is working on some wiki thing, and I’ve heard talks of similar ideas on the forums for other wiki projects. Let’s try and direct our efforts towards one of them to have a banging wiki with all the knowledge one would need, both as a beginner and a developer.

2 Likes

We are going to create simple landing page where all the guides what we have will be linked. So it will be easy to navigate and all the tutorials will be in that page for new users. Cause a lots of new users won’t go through all the forums and wiki stuffs. Like when I wanted to learn about framing, staking and liquidity pool I had to dig the whole forum and read a lots of stuff just to provide liquidity and stake.
What if we can have simple landing page with lots of UI and Steps to onboard the new users (not a crypto savvy). Just my opinion from user perspective. We don’t wanna chase away new users just because of this.

The wiki efforts are not going to be on the forums either. I am sort of opposed to a landing page with a lot of links because of information overload, I think it is much better to link to a wiki that has that content instead :slight_smile: But that’s my opinion.

My point was just that there is a lot of already existing effort on trying to create a wiki, and it would be better trying to consolidate the efforts and agree on one or two approaches instead of having more than 5, as the work is essentially the same. As it currently stands, a lot of community members are going to create the same content but in separate places, which is not ideal.

1 Like

Then we are on the same page :grin: We are going consolidate all the information in one page. That’s our initial plan. and that includes @Harry Updates to make 1Hive homepage more useful

1 Like

Hey @onbjerg , the page we want to build with @davidphoenix2020 will be 1 page short guide ,mostly for new users, it will cover Setting up Metamask, adding tokens and such. Using the omnibridges with short screenshots, text instructions and links to them. Liquidity providing and farming , everything that average Joe needs to start adopting xDai and Honeyswap. The goal is to spare them from searching all the forum or wiki and to give them instant information on 1 page which will look cool and will help them start instantly transfering their tokens to xDai then Honeyswap.

For the Wiki i agree that deserves a link for itself but that’s different format and not everybody will read the wiki.

edit : just got interesting question on Reddit group where I am moderating.

Check this @onbjerg , these kinda problems we want to solve with the knowledge base page . Now i will answer him but wouldn’t be awesome if they got more info button on the same page linking to the knowledge base page which will be dedicated for newbies ?

A knowledge base is exactly the same as a wiki though, which is my point. I feel like this is just duplicating effort. You are of course free to go ahead with your idea, I just think duplicating effort and fragmenting information is silly and puts us in sort of the same position as we are now, since people won’t know which source to trust once these different sources inevitably go out of sync.

I working on prototyping the landing page. Once I finish prototyping and will start to develop. This page will be simple with UI and have information like setting up Metamask, Bridge ,Onboard New Users (Simple and In One Page with some screenshots and steps, btn, animation etc ) because the current wiki is not beginner friendly who just started and they won’t go through all these stuff. I had a problem when I joined 1hive I has to search all these stuff all over the place. We will merge this page with 1hive website. And we will link the all the wiki that you mentioned in footer section.