Marketing Proposal: A on Chain-Organization

We all agree that the dev team is the core group of this project with them we will not have a working product but I strongly believe that having a solid marketing team is also a vital part of an organizationā€™s success. How can you sell your product if you donā€™t present it to your customer. We need to promote our products in all kinds of media so for that! Up for this one.

2 Likes

Can you explain how you would use the money more specifically or how it will be managed? The post implies putting it in a Payroll app in an independant DAO. If thatā€™s the case can you add a link to that DAO and highlight who are members of it?

2 Likes

I like this. Completely agree with everyone in this thread. Keeping an eye out for whatever the resolution on this proposal is. Learning as much as I can atm to be as useful as possible.

2 Likes

Great proposal and I enjoy reading it as well.

1. As someone said above devs are the main group of people without whom this project would not have progressed.
  2. We getting to marketing where everything is starting to bubble up.When project have good marketing then a lot of people start hearing about same.

I was talking few days ago with @solarmkd about creating some kind of team for making some official videos on maybe honeyswap youtube channel. Where someone can edit video some can record make transcript what he will say in the video and etc.

From my side of view this proposal Iam giving big :+1:

2 Likes

Fully support the proposal but I would also add a media management. We need to start contacting crypto youtubers and crypto related media to get exposure. Having at least one person taking care of that. As much as the marketing material, we need the exposure from all existing channels.

I will be completely honest - I donā€™t know how 100% it works from a technical perspective but we had a Cafe call and @lkngtn took a few of us through it with a screen share. There PayRoll app he added to to Aragon. Here:

Once this set up - A form of a ā€˜Salaryā€™ was setup and content creators/ social media managers like myself would be able to be distributed through there for our work. ā€˜Salaryā€™ in this case should be taken lightly as it not an annual payment ( just yet anyway ) but rather a pool of HNY to take a request from for your work.

In the test run we discussed it worked like this:

• The salary was proposed and BUZZ tokens were used for voting.

• Vote was won

• @lkngtn added the proposed Salary of 10 HNY.

• I can request a amount of this every month or so for my input.

There are a few people from the community who have shown a consistent effort around pushing content, guides, graphics and video material - so if we could all collaborate as a small team and this set it would work.

I can only apologies if this not make sense as Iā€™m only going by how I seen it works.

Who is chosen exactly ?

Well thatā€™s still a work in progress. There have been some community members who have shown consistency across the board so I think they seem serious. I have seen that some type of twitter integration to pollen is looking to happen so that is awesome - but even then Im not sure how you would measure the input for cred.

4 Likes

Totally agree! Look at what has been accomplished with community made marketing and mentions from youtubers! ! I acknowledged them for their efforts via twitter so they know we are listening. :blush:

Hi HoneyB,

Great write-up, thanks. As we discussed last night, I totally agree this is the way forward.
It will be difficult to draw a circle around the base group as there needs to be tight integration with the Terra/Translation swarm as well as the Design team of course.

I always joke that ā€˜A decentralised organisation with an official Twitter account isnā€™t decentralizedā€™, but do think we need to give up a bit of our desired chaos so we can share a level or trust towards our fellow bees and interested New-Bees. So at least ā€˜officialā€™ announcement channels, approved manuals/guides etc.

1 Like

Notwithstanding the above, I do think that your post should be regarded as an intent and that the real proposal should include names and budget and some kind of planning. So we should discuss this and set up a proper proposal that can be linked from a DAO proposal.

1 Like

No need to apologise, this stuff is new to all of us!

I see 2 addresses in the tokens app in that DAO. Presumably you are one, is @lkngtn the other one? Also who put in the initial 1 HNY?

Along with @Harry, I also think it would be good to have a more concrete proposal, with whoever else may be involved, with which we can more accurately determine an amount. I would love to see something that ensures many of the other contributors to buzz get rewarded.

However, in the mean time Iā€™m also happy to vote in favour of proposals for 1 HNY each month (or equivalent amount at the time if it drops) so you can continue to be paid through the Payroll app as I believe it is set up now.

2 Likes

The initial 1HNY was put in by Luke - and yes one acc was mine other one was his, to run the whole demo ( as with out it it wouldnā€™t work ) - this 1HNY was then removed.

In terms of specific individuals that I had in mind:

@Harry : Great writing skills and other skills he may have
@D0SH & @solarmkd : Video editing/ producing
@Fiora : I believe she does design work ?
@Myself : Social media management / writing / graphics design /animation - You can check the @honeyswap account for my activity since the 27/09/2020 I opened the account and 85 tweets later we have around 1300 followers ( waiting to flip the 1hive org twitter LOL )

If there is another way to ā€˜delegateā€™ individuals then feel free to do so.

We can have a cafe meeting if required to finalise everything if needed.

Collectively we can work on things together imo.

4 Likes

Vouching for myself here, Iā€™d apply for the graphic design team, if needed could show off some work if I have anything left on my computer.
Also been working on the Discord emojis, but have been working and discussing this with a moderator (Jasper) directly for the past week or 2.

3 Likes

I think is best idea everyone who is interesting to come in cafe when everyone have time and just talk who can be on which position.Now I can talk for me a lot of staff but thats not the point.What only I can say that I will try to make to video/editing team If there is some chance :smiley:
If there is not then I will wait for maybe another recruitment for marketing team.

Great initiative. You are doing an excellent work @HoneyB.

1 Like

Agree, the twitter stuff alone is awesome, great organic growth

Organic traffic is key. If we all start pushing a bit weā€™ll see organic growth quickly but there needs to be a plan of action and maybe remunerasation model for promoting HS on social media.

2 Likes

Nice one, I have liked and retweeted your comment - direct link to it for others to like/rt:

2 Likes

Hey Iā€™ve got some design skills in Illustrator how can I help make content for this awesome project?

1 Like

Thank you all for taking the time to look at this proposal! :yellow_heart:

1 Like

If you guys need more hands on deck regarding Reddit, Iā€™m always ready to lend a hand. Been shilling Honeyswap there since day one. Iā€™m also good with content distribution in general so feel free to include me in. Iā€™m stoked about Honeyswap and donā€™t have a problem with advertising it pro bono if necessary.

2 Likes