Hi folks! With staking and launch nearing, and with some recent progressions in the crypto space, I think it makes sense to start talking about the Agave roadmap and ways we will differentiate our product from Aave and provide value in ways that is novel.
Let’s first talk about the Agave MVP/Beta launch. The goal currently is to launch near the beginning of May. The exact date will depend on the results of the audit. The main theme here is to get something working and not to greatly diverge from Aave:
- Collateralized lending on xdai
- Begin with a small number of available collateral types:
- AGVE staking(1% AGVE total supply/ yr emission schedule)
- Improved UI with 1hive/Agave theming
After launch our focus will move to what we are calling the Agave V1 launch. The goal here will be to provide new and novel value in unique collateral types, integrations, features, and even new smart contract work such building a working security module. Aave’s security model as it exists is just a glorified farming contract.
- Celeste integration/Agave as a disputable DAO
- Possible fork of the 1hive honeypot frontend for a better Agave DAO interface?
- Create a working safety module
- Honeyswap LP tokens as collateral
- Possibly other uniswap fork LP tokens as collateral for rate arbitrage? (uniswap v2, quickswap, pancakeswap, baoswap, etc)
- xBalancer tokens as collateral?
- Possibly HNY and/or AGVE as collateral
- Wide range of new collateral types (let the floodgates open!)
Finally with V1 launch our path will have diverged from Aave and we will be ready to blaze new trails. Out here are some really wild and wacky ideas. Some of these ideas may be simpler than they first appear, and some of these may never materialize, but here are some of the cooler ideas that have been brought up for ways Agave could build on collateralized lending for V2 and beyond.
- Sourcecred income collateralized lending (a form of payday lending on the blockchain)?
- Lending and borrowing of utility NFT’s like beezut game NFT’s or yield earning NFT’s, etc.
- Automated risk parameter setting?
- Add new collateral types permissionlessly?
- Additional oracles integrations like using uniswap TWAPs to bypass the need for new chainlink oracles on every collateral type?
- Other integrations with OTTO and other 1hive projects?
- Cross chain compatibility?
- Tighter integration with honeyswap wallet and UI?
- Better analytics tools?
- YFI fork or other yield optimization stuff built on top of Agave?
- Single transaction levering/more user friendly UX
- Rai fork? some sort of stablecoin system similar to Maker to create a layered collateralized lending platform? Potentially the revenue could be much higher bc you could have people create stablecoins from collateral like Maker does, then relend out the collateral for other tokens?
- Currently Aave liquidates half of a position at once if it becomes undercollateralized. On L2 and sidechains we can probably improve this. This liquidation percent should be made an easy to change governance parameter. We can start by setting it to only liquidate 25% when a vault becomes undercollateralized. In a perfect world this would be much more continuous, only liquidating just enough to overcollateralize to some specific level. (This may be a viable change for V1)
- beta weighted risk parameters: Potential Agave roadmap - #21 by befitsandpiper
Thanks, sorry if this post is a little messy. I would love to hear any feedback on these ideas, and also gather any ideas from the community that are not listed here yet.