Reddit /r/ethtrader support for bringing DONUTs to xDAI

Donut is a bomb ready to explode

I shared a follow-up to our cafe discussion here. I outline a few of what I gathered were our respective goals in this context, and then what I drew as some of the key actionable ideas that could form a roadmap for collaboration.

Agreed, I think it would cool to see a bit of a token exchange, so we would gift some $donut to 1hive, that could be used to purchase the banner. There is an aragon based interface to the banner which is better to use for purchasing and adjusting price. For instance, you can see there a timer for how long the current owners credit will last. If the timer runs out (owner doesnā€™t add credit and the banner is not bought from them) then the price actually reverts to 0.

2 Likes

Thanks to @Eth_Man to provide this proposal, I think the collaboration of the Community Eth Trader with the 1Hive community can be effective for the growth of 1Hive community, and, given the lowness of Fi on the XDAI network, this capital transfer for members of the Community Eth Trader is an annual payment point for payment Fi gets less network, it seems interesting.

does it already started ??? i donā€™t see much of difference in Donut liquidity in recentā€¦

850K for 1000user is impressing

No, the incentive was authorized but the setup has not been completed yet.

1 Like

Discussed was more collaboration using NFTs, Quests that involve basic stuff like learning how to use Honeyswap to trade DONUT for xDAI or vice versa (or any other tokens for that matter). Adding to DONUT-xDAI LP and depositing into a LP farming contract to earn part of the 50K/week Honeyswap DONUT-xDAI LP incentives already approved but not implemented. If Agave adds DONUT to a depositable also using Agave to borrow xDAI etc. Quests for participating with votes in either 1Hive or Agave DAO. (which is why we considered a small airdrop). We have already privately agreed to put up some DONUTs as rewards on these and quests in general.

There is interest in when 1Hive comes up with a DAO infrastructure set for us to investigate using that for our governance. We want the VOTE=min(DONUT,CONTRIB) to still apply. I think using this for conviction voting would be interesting.

Carl has put together a document with a kind of road-map of ideas EthTrader and 1Hive discussion follow-up. Some easy, some longer term.

We have already talked about floating some DONUTs back to 1Hive to buy the banner. Someone in buzz should be thinking to get a banner graphic made that fits the requirements.

Passed but not implemented yet. It is on the task list once we get development funds rolling and merge various website UI front ends (in process). There was some hope that 1Hive would have a general farming contract available that used any tokens for farming but so far I have not heard anything in that regard so unless that changes we will have to roll our own Honeyswap DONUT-xDAI LP Staking contract on xDAI.

1 Like

Again I donā€™t see any concrete incentives for Honey holders here. These are all vague suggestions of ways we might collaborate in the future. Thereā€™s nothing explicit.

To me this proposal seems like 1Hive is paying the ethtrader community to use our infrastructure, specifically Honeyswap and Quests (once itā€™s available, which btw is at least a 4-6 weeks away from being ready, likely more) and for some unknown potential future return for Honey holders.

Whether this is something 1Hive is interested in supporting is up to them but I think this should be made clear at this stage.

2 Likes

I remember months ago a Donut Airdrop was done on reddit and I was not eligible. They had a great project and team behind them.

I also share some concerns about /r/ethtrader previously, and have a love/hate relationship with all trading, as it definitely can fuel energy and attention to a movement, but also equally damage it and mislead people.

Iā€™m applying a longer-term value investing approach to crypto-assets, integrated with real physical businesses that meet the needs of users and customers (food, housing, clothing, etc.) There are aspects of ethtrader such as hyping coins with no long-term plan or return, but also very diverse ideas and viewpoints. Also memes, entertainment, and NFTs are fun and accessible to non-technical users, so we would definitely lose something of life enjoyment by only participating in ā€œserious investment forumsā€. I hope itā€™s possible to do both. /r/ethtrader for its shortcoming seems like one forum to exchange investing theses.

Does anyone actually hold DONUTs or have personal experience of the kinds of behaviors that are incentivized by being awarded them?

150k issuance to the moderators seems steep, but again, it is not easy to cultivate a large community, so one can view it as the return on the social capital theyā€™ve invested.

For the reasons and caveats above, Iā€™m in support of the proposal, and also to learn what technical steps are needed to interoperate any other such mainnet tokens on xDai in the future.

1 Like

@Eth_Man, would you be open to featuring 1hive in a stickied post on r/ethtrader? Would have to work out messaging & duration but given the size of the community that would be pretty valuable.

3 Likes

I 100% agree with @willjgriff Iā€™m not opposed to the idea of this proposal but there is nothing specific. The agreement or arrangement should be defined. I only see this grant of 10 hny for rogue and 10 honey to help fund some work that eth trader is gonna work. I would really like to see some commitment from eth trader on what the will do not might do.

4 Likes

In my opinion, more support or arguments are needed to support this proposal! and that the benefits that will be obtained with the approval of the same are projected

:four_leaf_clover:

Yes please. I use CryptoCurrency and FortniteBr since they are already on xDai.
But I heard of donuts and I went there to check them, then I noticed the erc20 thing and I was likeā€¦ Nah not worthy, 10$ a month tops with 5$ fees? No.
I hope they change to xDai so I can use that subreddit.

I believe you can ask for you donuts to be distributed directly on xDAI.

1 Like

He is requesting financing of 20hny, so far according to what I can read, he is asked to have a more specific support of what benefits will be obtained, with said financing!

I in my personal opinion would like to see projections

definitely, the xdai network in fees is a paradise in the crypto world!

2 Likes

Really? Can you confirm that? Cause I think I have some stuck there.

I think he refers to those who are mounting the proposal for 20hny

Oh I see okay thanks you