Troubleshooting problems on Metamask

Hi @matthew and @Gigadig,

Sorry for the delayed response but we usually do not do support on the forum, it’s more for discussing ideas/proposals and posting guides. You get much faster help if you ask in the #help channel on the Discord, which I would like you to do when you have the time so we can have faster communication and resolve your issue, otherwise we will experience a delay in communication since we’re probably not on the forum at the same times :slight_smile:

Again, sorry for the delayed response

2 Likes

Adding a contact to Metamask.
I think it’s a less known feature, but a very useful one. You can save an address in your contacts list, which will make it easier for you when you want to transfer something to that address in the future and also it will make it impossible for you to send the tokens to the wrong address.
Here is how :

Many thanks to own thread

3 Likes

Honey farm doesn’t seem to be loading today? Problems?

Yes the graph looks to be down currently - farms, info.honeyswap and the faucet are all affected, try again in a few hours. It’s more likely to be an issue with the wider xdai network as opposed to honeyswap specific

Thanks for this elaborate guide, it answered almost all of my question. What a great community this is.

1 Like

Blazar,thanks your Metamask troubleshoot sorted my problem after days of getting HNY claim failures

1 Like

Thanks for the guide blazer. It’s really helped me for the failure messages I am getting while doing the transaction.

1 Like

Please help me i am unable to claim honey faucet today. it’s giving me error https://blockscout.com/poa/xdai/tx/0x0995826dedc893d75f256c637126d8de3dc87001310ffac3566308c84134476c

Hello, many users having same issue, please wait for few hours, you have the 48 hrs time to claim it.

If you can’t wait send 0.1 xDai to your account from another account or try to swap a small amount of HNY to xdai (0.1 xdai) in honeyswap.org (these methods working for few people)

did you try this method? it worked for you?

I don’t have any issues with faucet claim, but lot of people saying they have issue when claiming the faucet. And these methods worked for few people.

Increase your gas limit. I was having the same problem, the error message references out of gas. Please add a 0 to the gas limit, the fee will still be less than $0.001

What do you mean? Add 0 to gas limit?

Hey @WasimRaja.

There are more details here:

In the metamask popup it shows gas price and gas limit. If it shows the gas limit as 23001, change it to 230010 - whatever it should just add a 0 to the end of it

1 Like

I have try ~10 time before i read this.
Your instruction worked well.
it confuse me because i dont know why.
btw it worked. and All of my xdai i use to claim before but failed came back to my wallet.
thank you so much.
P/S: this is my error

No problem, happy it has worked for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello! I’m so glad I found this post. I’ve had trouble claiming HNY from the faucet for about a week now. Things worked fine for the week prior, then all of a sudden claims started to fail with similar messages to the one @maihoa posted above.

I’ve tried all of the tips in this post, but still the transactions fail.

1. Ensured I’m using the correct xDai network settings.
  2. Ensured computer time is synced correctly.
  3. Tried claiming in both Brave and Chrome.
  4. Cleared cached in Chrome.
  5. Tried Basic method. I didn’t work.
  6. Attempted to try Advanced method, but am confused because there are many red errored transactions from all of the attempts I’ve made to unsuccessfully claim from the faucet. I thought maybe I should use the nonce from the first and oldest errored transaction, but that didn’t work. So then I tried the nonce from the most recent errored transaction, but that also didn’t work.
  7. Went to https://xdai-faucet.top and claimed 0.01 xDai. Tried again to claim HNY from faucet after that, but still it errored with same error message.

So, I’m stumped. I feel like i’ve tried it all, but nothing has worked. I even tried adding a 0 to the gas to the gas limit per @cryptoclip’s suggestion, but that didn’t work. And besides, the limit is already set at 700000.

Any other ideas to help?

Hey @RocketMan
This might help.
In order to claim HNY from the faucet you will need to have at least 0.5 xDai in your wallet. If you try to claim without 0.5 xDai in your wallet it will fail. Try swapping a small amount of HNY for 0.5 xDai and then try again.

1 Like