Request for resources to support the continuation and expansion of 1Hive TV
Support on the Honeypot.
The show is nearing the end of its pilot funding; this proposal requests continuing support for the project through the end of the calendar year.
In line with @Kyle_Stargarden’s recent post, I want to make the goals of 1Hive TV clear to the community and use this proposal to outline some metrics that can be used to measure the success or failure of the project.
Building on the previous sub proposal; the big idea behind 1Hive TV is to establish a presence on YouTube that can effectively promote the work of the DAO, build our community, and serve as a resource to amplify the work of partner projects.
Here is a 30k ft roadmap of what can be achieved with community support:
- Pilot Program [Complete]
- Phase 1 Q4 2021 [We are here]
- Continuity + begin scaling w/ more hands on deck
- Phase 2 Q1 & 2 2022
- Achieve daily original content generation
- Provide media support for all Gardens
- Surpass 1k subs
- Phase 3 Q3/4 2022
- Plant Gardens Media DAO
Serve the YT+ communications needs of 1Hive and the broader Gardens ecosystem while providing an alternative way for DAOs to fund video media initiatives.
- Plant Gardens Media DAO
Revenue generation for 1Hive is a mid-long term goal due to metrics that are not currently being met. Should the project be successful enough to reach the point of monetization, a portion of all revenue will be sent to the 1Hive common pool in perpetuity.
There are currently 6 different segments depending on the episode:
- 1Hive News/Updates/AMA highlights
- Headline stories from the DAOspace
- Topic + Community Contributors (Monstro + Paul)
- Partner Project / Community Spotlight
- Short-form tutorials
- Trivia game show (Live)
This is a considerable amount/variety of content, and each part plays an important role in creating a “TV show”. We will continue to experiment with publishing options and may integrate a live component soon. Scaling content creation is an important goal for the next project phase; @Monstrosity and @paul have expressed the intention to continue contributing content and we will bring on additional contributors for editing/production - @chuygarcia92 is already on deck to help make this happen! The cadence for video posting will continue to increase as we establish effective workflows.
The primary work of this project includes but is not limited to the following:
- Content planning/prioritization for show ep/segments
- Research & Script Writing for updates + headlines
- Outreach & interviews for topic spotlights with partner projects
- Planning & Logistics for crypto trivia game and rewards
- Filming & Editing all recorded content
- SM coordination for publishing/marketing
Evaluating Performance / Metrics
This proposal is requesting support through the end of the calendar year. The 1Hive TV team will share channel analytics on a monthly basis via the forum. At the end of December, we will share a summative report using the metrics described below.
Feedback from the 1Hive community, partner projects and their members.
Many bees have expressed support for 1Hive TV and said that it makes them feel proud of being a part of our community. This is really the most important metric for the team, it’s pretty much why we’re doing it .
Phase 1 Goals
- 1Hive community members feel pride in being a part of our uniquely decentralized community.
- Provide new ways for community members to contribute through show segments and bounties.
- Consistently aim a portion of all content at the 1Hive community specifically.
- Partner projects perceive the show as an effective way to communicate with the bees and the broader DAO community through contributing to show content creation.
- General Web3/DAO audience looks to the show for unique content that is both educational and entertaining.
- Engagement (watch time / avg. view duration)
Indirect (Broader Ecosystem)
- HNY holders
- Governance participation
- Discord members
- Twitter followers
I’m hesitant to use our current YT analytics to draw any conclusions as the pilot lasted less than two months and we have <500 subs. For what it’s worth…when measured since Jan 2021 (start of the bull market), the first 3 episodes of 1Hive TV account for 9.5% of all video views, and 25% of new channel subs in 2021.
And here are some charts for the past 90 days; ep1 = 8/24
Phase 1 Goals
- 300 watch hours (#1 quant. metric)
- 300 new subs; 100/mo
- 3.5k unique viewers
- 20k impressions
- Video likes above 5% (4% is avg)
- TWells (PM/Director, Producer)
- Monstro (Core Content Contributor)
- Paul (Core Content Contributor)
- Chuy (Magic)
Funding Requested: 70 HNY
In order to increase the content creation and maintain existing production quality, our estimated monthly burn will be ~20-22 HNY/mo. A buffer has been added to account for potential downward price movement, enable the project to onboard new team members, and/or increase community bounties if needed. For example, if the community wants a weekly trivia show (biweekly rn) we want to be flexible enough to cover it without submitting additional funding requests.
Some additional demo data for those interested: