BuzzDAO Proposal 4

I appreciate the feedback, please read the monthly recap for buzz details. Are you putting in this much energy on the 20HNY eth trader/donut proposal that passed? I would love to see a follow up to that proposal in the next monthly 1hive recap or even a forum post, I have yet to see anything come of this. Genuinely curious, maybe I missed it.

4 Likes

I can understand that it may be hard to follow if you do not participate full time as @rperez89 had mentioned last week, we are trying to constantly improve this(check out the recent 1Hive tv pilot episode). Now you may think BuzzDAO just does marketing but really BuzzDAO picks up the slack when others leave it in the whim. Anywhere from partnerships, onboarding, marketing, admin, project management and even development. Why do we do this? The very simple answer is there are so many pieces missing to the puzzle that it is irresponsible to market something that is incomplete.

This statement is a backhanded diss so im just going to skip this one as its not worth the argument.

If you look closely BuzzDAO only engages in win-win partnerships that do not require the greater community approval. If there is ever something that does require further conviction we do seek approval. If you want to be part of these discussions you need to join the calls when these conversations are taking place, Conviction voting does not require the whole community to agree.

Just like you mentioned above, i believe @CryptoWonk was supposed to work on the Stake deal but it never happened. And this is not the first btw its just the example you have mentioned. Now since we saw the whole community pretty much dump on each other BuzzDAO took the responsibility to seek out partnerships to help pComb. @Monstrosity has been the only person that i know of actively (more then full time) apart from the original BuzzDAO members seeking deals while everyone else just benefits from the hard work. Furthermore if you recall Buzz had sourced the proper people to collab on Matic (before it was called Polygon) when Quickswap had LESS TVL then Honeyswap and had even the CFO of Polygon hop into calls to convince us to migrate/launch HS there. Now being so late to the party we cant even get a re-tweet from their team…so to prevent this from ever happening again we do it all our selves.

Also just a note @Eth_Man when you making comments about a working groups work you should really ask your self “what am i doing to improve it? and how can i help them to improve it?” the current sentiment of the post you made is judgmental that shows no commitment to fix the current issues that you think are issues.

5 Likes

I think Buzz’s work is always very delicate. The easiest to blame, for sure.

I have personally shared my opinions more than once, and am myself failing to help as much as I would. Marketing and creating “buzz” around the project is exceptionally hard in this market condition where fundamentals are not so important short-term, and in which DAO as potentially the future, but known for being a bit slower in development. Finally, in a crypto sphere where many investors want to get rich in 12-24 hours, it is hard to build long term commitment. Many contributors have disappeared as price tanked, and this just creates a heavier weight on who is committed and keeps on helping. So, total respect from my side to who is doing the actual job.

As for the “critiques”, they are all understandable in my opinion. We are (not blaming buzz on this) well below the radar of anything, with a volume that is basically next to zero. So it is holders holding and community members getting rewarded for valuable work that reaches 1/1000 of what we should and what we hope.

More than once I expressed my opinion that buzz should have a budget for at the very least, 3 6 months. Partnerships and marketing work takes time and building trust and relationships with other communities takes time, efforts, and genuine legwork.

We know that we have enough projects to say “soon or later we explode” but the best tech doesn’t win this race (see xdai Vs anyone else lol); We’ll eventually need the shill from someone, recognizing the incredible amount of valuable products and ideas floating this DAO.

One last remark, which I believe should not be on Buzz’s plate. The faucet has brought tons of participants in 1Hive, some of these still active (like me); This has not been a priority for a long time, but it could/should be. I missed one too many cafe calls due to personal reasons, but I will try to be present at the next one to brainstorm with you guys.

7 Likes

I agree with you that the Faucet needs something.
Doge and I had started some different ideas to vamp it up.
I may still have the doc somewhere and I’m sure there are Forum posts.
I’m down to encourage, brainstorm, and help.