BuzzDAO Proposal 4

How about establishing rules for what the payment is for each course completed/made live on skillshare, and once done, then a proposal is made for payment.

E.g. 0.5 HNY for each course made live
0.4 HNY to the creator
0.1 HNY to rootdraws for facilitating etc

that way no money is needed/paid until the bounty has actually been completed, rather than requesting hny that may or may not be needed depending on uptake / success of the objective

Second this @rootdraws - I love the way you think.

I would strongly support a smaller stand-alone proposal - perhaps one that covers half the funds requested i.e the first 2 months.

I wouldnā€™t expect you to be bringing in any revenue by then, but we should have at least some idea of how things are progressing.

1 Like

Maybe the best outcome of this current proposal is a more widespread discussion of the idea.

Im open to that, as well as restructuring to include other projects ā€” but in order to include other projects I would need commitment from 1hive for the initial funds so i could say ā€œwe have x - can you do x?ā€

I could also integrate better business plans for it so it is more focused.

And we could have specific goals to work toward and we could see which teams are really in it, and disqualify others etc.

I do not think that 8 weeks (8 courses) is enough to achieve independent monetization but it would definitely progress toward that point - and the courses created would be evergreen content // onboarding portals into 1hive.

And there could be some kind of % earned drawback into a Rhizome DAO treasury.

The proposal would also need to include a 3 HNY per month stipend for myself - since that is what i would have earned by managing / operating this project via buzz dao.

These are all possibilities.

The main purpose of submitting it with this proposal was basically training wheels, and relevance.

1 Like

There is a game issue with this model that i think is problematic.

In the structure i designed low effort classes or flaky classes do not get paid or get paid a lower percentage.

This is a must for the project - imo - cause in order for the channels to grow they must be competitive - and consistent.

1 Like

Howdy bees! :honeybee:

After discussing a variety of options, the core Buzz DAO team has reached a consensus that itā€™s pending funding proposal will include an initiative specifically designed to expand 1Hiveā€™s audience on YouTube.

This initiative will pilot a weekly news/analysis show for 6 weeks with the following goals:

Grow

• 1Hive YouTube channel subscriber count
  • Total number of HNY holders/stakers

Promote

• 1Hive products/projects
  • Partner DAO products/projects

Educate & Entertain

• In-depth reporting on top issues/developments in the DAO space
  • High-level market analysis

Further show details can be found here.

At launch, the core contributor team will include @Monstrosity (market analysis), and @Paul (Deep Research/Reporting), and myself (host + producer).

Proposed budget details can be found here.

If we successfully raise the conviction required for funding, our intention is to create additional1Hive community contribution opportunities through the use of bounties.

As mentioned above, this initiative will be included in the pending Buzz DAO proposal; looking forward to feedback/ideas. :+1:

4 Likes

Wonderful!

Excited to add my support to this.

Perhaps a naive question, but why not break this huge proposal down into self-contained sub-proposals like this one?

2 Likes

Hey Sacha! not naĆÆve at all. We had discussed creating a show many months ago with @solarmkd but we never got the time due to higher priority things that needed to be built out for 1Hive.So partly BuzzDao has had this in their scope and since Twells has shown vast interest and experience in doing this we want to include it in our proposal as we will be working together as a team for some aspects of it.

2 Likes

Updated Proposal

Marketing Team Additions

Keeping everyone as their value is 100x the reward.

Marketing Duties And Current Initiatives

• Bounty board funding & management
  • Monthly reports
  • Public relations
  • Lead/teach contributors
  • Social admin duties
  • Wiki/Docs (Support DAO taking this)
  • Community Incentives

New Initiatives:

• Hedgey Finance - 1Hive collab

• Hedgey Finance is a team of skilled developers that have built out a various dapps in the web3 ecosystem(LINK). They recently approached us for feedback on their current options trading platform ā€œHedgeyā€ and the Buzz team pitched the idea of a collab on a previous proposal that was posted on the forums(Honeydew). The idea of this partnership is to fork the Enzyme protocol and have it added within the Honeycomb Wallet ecosystem. This will give people the opportunity to create Hedge Funds within the 1Hive ecosystem which opens up the opportunities of having DAO treasuries and DAO investment management.
  • International Media Account Growth bonus to incentivize local

• We want better the international reach by incentivizing the current social media admins to grow out their local community. We have discussed on setting milestones via a follower count UMA/KPI metrics and this will all be managed and overseen by the BuzzDAO members. Breakdown and documentation will be provided in Wiki for qualifications on rewards.
  • Tweetshift Custom bot for media channel???

• To increase our exposure for our social media channel we want to incorporate a Custom BOT that automagically posts all tweets that our social media accounts create to further increase follower interactions for our Discord audience. We have currently built out the prototype with success for targeted accounts but we are still figuring out how to display the Mentions or comments of those targeted accounts. We have consulted with @saltorious and he has shown promise to build this out for us via a bounty as the second part of the problem is abit out of our reach interims of programming knowledge.
  • Help build out other Media swarms and 1Hive media

• Buzz is helping out build out the other media swarms like buzz radio and design swarm. We have currently assisted the current leaders of the up and coming swarms to refine their proposals and we will be coordinating with them in future to improve their efficacy as a working group.
  • Email marketing setup and maintenance by @paul2. If you have noticed Paul has already taken the indicative to start it off when Gardens launched as they needed for sign up forms etc. He will be responsible to make sure our audience gets exposure on written content we put out like the Monthly Update.

• 1Hive Youtube expansion - Please see Twells post ^^^

External Initiatives

• @rootdraws - Micro media influencers
    • Rootdraws has come up with a very fascinating proposal and plan to create an ecosystem of media influencers. Please see video and proposals for further details We have voted as a DAO not to take this under the BuzzDAO proposal funding, and we will be encouraging @rootdraws to seek funding via the community as this is not something we feel comfortable taking on.
  • DefiWalk- Youtube Micro Influencer
    • Is an up and coming influencer with just over 3 thousands subs that are dedicated fans of farms. We want to promote our comb token and our honeycomb farms with him.
  • LiteLiger- Youtube Micro Influencer
    • AMA or Gardens overview with a known youtuber that has gotten us over 10k views with his audience.

Budget for updated duties and initiatives

• 53 $HNY @ 343USD= $18000
  • Funds will be sent to Buzz Colony address 0x75A310B8cC14141584E072aF42F108d0C8E0d0CB

Proposal: Honey Pot

2 Likes

Appreciate it Sacha!
Building in a segment for Gardens and Tulip to share big ideas + technical developments on a weekly basis would be perfect :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Dosh - i would have preferred a Discord DM prior to announcement informing me that some vote outside of the proposal itself had decided to cut my submission from the buzzdao proposal.

Just as an interpersonal preference.

It came across as a political rejection from buzz dao community while directing me toward some more vague broader community, while embracing some components of my proposal for buzzdao, while exempting me from that application.

The monetized youtube channel pivot indicates to me that you see the value in buzzdao revenue streams outside of HNY.

Im not upset that the project was not integrated. But i am a bit let down that i was invited to submit into this budget proposal, and then was aborted before a community vote without any communication about these decisions prior to now.

It seems impolite.

The idea itself was fun to come up with though. And it was nice to see so many people supporting my project post and voting to include it in this marketing proposal.

It was also nice to explore the idea.

If i resubmit, i will do so with data and more applied experiments where i take on the project first and have information in stats to offer, so that there is less trepidation about the experiment.

Best to your youtube channel.

1 Like

This is an excellent resource @D0SH thank you for compiling it. Clearly marketing matters to 1hive. I strongly support the proposal. There is massive potential with Hedgey Options Markets to combine with 1hive somehow.

@rootdraws I encourage you to produce a show as you describe. It would be a great addition to the hive. Instead of creating a competition with 5 teams start with one show, and as you polish and hone your single channel. You can proceed in segments. Perhaps cooperating with @twells and @CurlyBracketEffect because you are both heading the same direction? I am imagining money-legos but with youtube vids. Vid-legos. Ultimately a giant archieve/repo of vids for people to use like library.

What will distinguish a 1hive show from ā€œThe Defiantā€ and ā€œBanklessā€ podcasts? These questions should stay in our minds as we move forward.

2 Likes

Number of important points here David ty man; the idea at this point is to start as soon as we gain the necessary conviction and get rolling with a core group of contributors. Once we get in the production groove, we build on top exactly as you are suggesting.

In terms of differentiation, this will be somewhat emergent but I think it will ultimately be a combination of the type of content we generate (DAO-native) and the personalities of our contributors :honeybee:

1 Like

Hey Root! apologies for making you feel this way our intention was far from it. As a working group we have the ability to choose what we want to work on and what we also feel comfortable working towards and your proposal did not align with our current scope nor did we feel comfortable with the amount being requested. This does not mean your idea or plan is not worthy of being funded nor do we find anything wrong with it. We do encourage you to push your own proposal as alot of users have shown interest in what you have to offer.

An invitation does not mean approval for funding nor does the community vote on day to day BuzzDAO things so im not sure what vote your were looking for that would be public.

1 Like

Contributors require stipends and subsidies until they can achieve independent monetization.

Otherwise why not just start my own project - independent of 1hive.

You need HNY to incentivize a movement toward external monetization, and you need the participants to not grow complacent with their stipend so that they prioritize growth toward monetization, because otherwise, your channel will be too narrowly focused (1hive youtube for 1hivers) or you will not have enough conviction in production effort to push past the valley before monetization is possible.

1 Like

Your poll indicated 8/14 approved, which is a majority.

You evaluated and then excluded in a ā€œprivateā€ unilateral context, regardless of this poll.

It would have been a very simple matter to send me a discord message when buzzdao came to this conclusion.

I would have considered it tactful and conscientious.

This perception of impolite behavior is more abrasive to me than the rejection of my contribution to the buzzdao proposal, as I understand my proposal was risky.

I was under the impression that funding was determined by the HNY vote and that my contribution was already included in the proposal.

Buzzdao nullified that without informing me, after inviting me to contribute.

I would have felt more respected with a heads up DM concerning your decisions.

That is my criticism.

@rootdraws The poll indicating that 1hive liked your idea is even better for your case to pass your proposal.

As stated earlier BuzzDAO decides what we want to do and if the community likes what we have to offer they fund it. Being a leader of BuzzDAO i do have to make tough decisions as well as take on resposiblity for whatever funding comes our way and the amount of things i juggle is almost inhumane so somethings are overlooked. So, yes i could of DMā€™d you and we could of talked but that wont change quorum of BuzzDAO.

2 Likes

ā€œHey, we voted as a dao, and are not comfortable assuming the risks of your idea because of this this and this ā€” if you want to pursue this as an independent proposal, here is what i would suggest you do in order to make your proposal work for the community.

When you are ready, here is the next step you need to submit an independent proposal for vote.

Thanks for taking the time to give actionable strategies to buzzdao. We are going to push for some funds to monetize our youtube channel.

Just wanted to give you a heads up, cause i appreciate the effort.ā€

.:.

In a discord DM. I think would have been my preference. Just like a ego soothing affirmation to accompany the rejection, instead of an uninformed @ rejection.

An interpersonal preference.

.:.

@rootdraws please, letā€™s not make this personal. @D0SH has done a great deal for this community and there is merit to giving him the benefit of the doubt. We all have a lot on our plate. And none of us are immune for slipping up now and then.

I really do encourage your to post your own proposal. You are full of brilliant ideas, and itā€™s clear you have the potential to add a great deal of value to 1hive. Iā€™m just waiting for you to make a concrete proposal so I can add my support.

4 Likes

Next time i will just do my ideas instead of pitch them, and then share the results with a direct treasury proposal in order to address risks with performance based data.

Every time I see a Buzz proposal I ask some basic questions.

1. What are the PR metrics. No matter what the metrics we can look at the back end here. Trading volumes on Honeyswap basically at a standstill or dropping. 1Hive revenues dropping while expenses are steady or climbā€¦

2. Buzz has tried to put together some cross community initiatives but basically it is trying to do deals pretty much without DAO approval for these. I see this in Maker as well. Biz/growth Core Units working out business or partnership deals in somewhat of a vacuum and then finding out when these are presented to the community the DAO either not agreeing or wanting to modify terms. In the loosest sense the DAO makes the final decisions on this kind of stuff and what business groups trying to make these deals need to do is to either get pre-approval on a framework (arranging for pre-approved funds, etc.) or do these deals in such a way to be highly flexible in terms, and caveated on DAO approval.

Honestly what I am seeing is that the best approach is to vet ideas, form a biz relationship flexible biz2biz negotiation framework that the DAO approves and then as biz groups begin to work on deals that fulfill the approved framework terms they just share the news, and be a bit forward with DAO on actual deal terms knowing if the deals fall in the framework they will be approved. Point here is to stop wasting peoples time trying to do deals that will have changing terms, or potentially be left unapproved.

Between the above two points I see Buzz as without authority to get things done, stuck between a rock and a hard place.

When push comes to shove my concern is by whatever metric one proposes I am entirely uncertain of what 1Hive got for the Buzz funds already spent at least in terms of real revenue growth or actual secured partnerships. Just like liquidity does not bring trading, PR that only brings eyes and no revenue is just a feel good metric and not a business growth one.

I watched as HAUS trading on Honeyswap came up, and then went away because a deal couldnā€™t be had. This was also true with Polygon, and from what I have seen even with xDAI team itself via the sushiswap deal which started with the failed STAKE/HNY swap proposal.
Honestly I see the biggest issue on xDAI is a general lack of coordination between groups. Loosely speaking the xDAI DAOnetwork kinda sucks in terms of coordination and communication on multiple levelsā€¦ Polygon team has been doing much better with respect to coordinated deal making efforts leading to large TVL growth on their network as well as secondary projects.

What I want to know is what Buzz is doing to do to break this log jam in coordinated effort beyond complaining about it so successful partnerships and business relationships that lead to increased 1Hive revenues can result?