Fluid Proposal - Paul2 active contributor

Proposal Link: Gardens

I’ve been a full time web3 contributor since April 2021, working mostly on 1Hive and all the cool stuff getting built here.

For me, April 2021 was the greatest month ever… it was the month I was unshackled from salaried work where I’d been selling my time and skills so that much larger shareholders could make a bunch of money.

Long before then I was excited about cryptocurrency, especially its use in solving the Public Goods Store of Value problem. When I first found 1Hive I was mostly excited about its potential to sustainably fund Public Goods.

Before then I’d heard of DAOs but I didn’t really understand or believe in the idea. After joining some open calls in 1Hive’s Discord, and some amazing early conversations with people here (@lkngtn and @gabi especially), I started to learn just how innovative 1Hive was as an organizational structure and how much it was capable of.

I’m quite committed to working on sustainable and scalable funding for public goods with crypto for the foreseeable, and feel that organizational structures like 1Hive will be key to getting us there.

Paul2’s web3 skills

• Grants and Funding Proposals - finding and securing funding through the many generous shared treasuries in crypto.
  • Dune Analytics - creating SQL queries and setting up dashboards to help visualize stuff.
  • AMMs (especially Uni-v2 style) - how they work and how to use them to grow health and sustainable token liquidity.
  • The Graph - indexing, curating, delegating and querying on The Graph’s decentralized network.
  • Gnosis Safe - setting up and managing safes, Zodiac modules, auctions, transaction builder, and cross-chain operations
  • Smart Contracts - Remix, contract interactions, and thanks to ChatGPT very basic development.
  • Writing - announcements, tweet threads, articles, proposals, technical documentation, ridiculous quotes and useless Discord banter.
  • Cat Herding - assembling various decentralized value-producing nodes (AKA humans) to take some kind of action.
  • Other web3 tools I know really well:
    • Organizational: Notion, Dework, hackmd, Github, Vercel, Discourse, Discord, Telegram
    • Governance: Snapshot, Aragon, Moloch, gardens🌱
    • Token Tools: Superfluid, Hedgey, bridges, explorers, exchanges, lending/borrowing platforms.

Paul2’s availability

• Dedicating ~30 hours/week to 1Hive’s public goods specifically
  • I can be reached on Discord (paul2#3057) Telegram (@pglavin2) or Twitter (@Paul_Glavin)

I’ll use this forum to post monthly updates on work I’ve completed and what I plan to work on in the coming month.

Proposal Link: Gardens

7 Likes

June 2023 EOM Summary

In the month of June I logged 55.5 hours for 1Hive.

Marquee

Description: The Marquee is a digital message board app that anyone can pay to edit. The first version is being built for Honeyswap, and if it’s successful the next step is to grow it so any web3 community can add it to their website and earn money.
Github: GitHub - pglavin2/honeyswap-interface at pglavin2-web3marquee-demo
Hours: 41
Activity:

• Super scrappy proof of concept built from a scaffold-eth fork
  • Refined a beta version (with lots of help from chatGPT) for Honeyswap: added text area field to enter new message, set limit on # of characters, updated buttons to react to clicks and transaction results, cleaned up smart contract of scaffold-eth stuff that wasn’t needed.
  • lots and lots and lots and lots of trial and error
  • Worked with Felipe on his review and fixes for the App: make price changeable, change character limit from smart contract, add foundry, various cleaning and fixing of things I did poorly.
  • Shared app demo in 1Hive Discord, created thread in #honeyswap channel to chat about deployment there.

Honeyswap

Hours: 7
Activity:

• Quests for deployment of Honeyswap on zksync (Quests) and reaching $1 million of transaction volume (Quests) - created 1hive funding proposals for 500 HNY for each, both passed.
  • Quests for deployment of Honeyswap on Optimism (Quests), Arbitrum (Quests), and Mainnet (Quests) - created forum posts for funding proposals for each, and posted Optimism to the garden (hasn’t passed yet).
  • Working with Felipe and Kev on deployment issues / open items for launch.

Gardens

Hours: 4
Activity:

• Created initial mockups and a pitch deck for gardens v2 vision. Conversations with Gabi, Felipe, Kev, Matias and other 1Hivers on how to improve.
  • Initial conversations with existing gardens DAOs on v2.
  • Onboarding Kev and Matias to gardens swarm
  • Conversations with the Deep Work team on collaborating on a conviction voting app for v2 gardens

hiveWater

Hours: 2
Activity:

• Coordinated Gnosis Safe transactions and approvals to bridge GRT from gardens mainnet safe to gnosis chain and add hiveWater<>GRT LP on Honeyswap: (Honeyswap Analytics)

1hive General:

Hours: 1.5
Activity:

• Created a Quest that pays out to anyone who gets a grant for 1hive. Proposed to Common Goods gnosis safe to fund the Quest for 100 HNY which was approved (Quests)

July 2023 Goals

Marquee

• Launch beta app on Honeyswap and claim our first fees
  • Find some web3 communities interested in adding to their own websites
  • Start building Marquee v1

Gardens

• Serve as Project Manager and securer-of-funds for work on v2 - aiming for a milestone #1 completion by the end of August.
  • Significant advancements made on the UI, smart contracts, subgraphs, and all components of v2 in the month of July.

Honeyswap

• Finish deployment on zksync Era mainnet and help with launch announcements on social media
  • Find communities on zksync interested in shared liquidity there

1Hive General

• Continue supporting any operations at 1Hive where I’m needed.
2 Likes

July 2023 EOM Summary

July hours for 1Hive: 47

Gardens

Hours: 29
Activity:

Marquee

Hours: 5.5
Activity:

hiveWater

Hours: 5.5
Activity:

• Information deck on what / why / how for hiveWater: hiveWater.pptx - Google Slides
  • Worked with Treasury Swarm to swap portion of Honey being held for treasury diversification into hiveWater.
  • Conversations with @lkngtn on pros and cons of recreating a Honey endowment using Balancer pools and the Honey token itself

1Hive General:

Hours: 7
Activity:

• Superfluid subscriptions newly launched by Superfluid - played around with setting up a $5/mo. subscription for 1Hive. Set up a role in Guild to let us gate channels in Discord to subscribers only. Shared in #tea channeled, consensus not to implement.
  • honeyswap.org domain - worked with @lkngtn on transferring domain
  • Fluid Proposals - proposed funding with HNY from Harvest Season 2 which passed and worked with @kamikazebr and @gabi on restarting streams.

1Hive expenses I covered:

• $60.00 - July 2 - Vercel Pro Plan monthly payment
  • $11.16 - July 21 - Domain Transfer for honeyswap.org

Goals for August 2023

1. Gardens v2 - agree on a direction and start building.
  2. More liquidity for the Honey token, through hiveWater and/or other system to be worked out with @lkngtn Honey Liquidity - Google Docs
  3. Honeyswap - work with PGN Alliance and our team on a PGN Honeyswap deployment
  4. Marquee - propose adding to Gardens UI, let gardens collect funding for their own Marquee.
  5. Refill Funding for Fluid Proposals with a Conviction Voting proposal

Is this stuff valuable?

hell yeah! > support my fluid proposal Gardens

hell no! > reply what I can do better :pray:

3 Likes

I’m currently supporting your proposal. I really appreciate all the work and effort you put into the community!

However, I will also give feedback because you asked for it and because its hard to prioritize without proper feedback:

• I’m not sold on the direction for gardens v2 at all
  • I’m concerned about hiveWater (but i’m encouraged by our discussions about it and Honey liquidity)
  • I’m pretty ambivalent about Marquee
  • I’m stoked you took over the honeyswap.org domain, I’m pretty ambivalent about deployment to PGN/zksync, but I do like the use of Quests. I also liked the idea of trying to create more honeyswap-centric community distinct from 1Hive.
  • If I were to suggest my preferred priorities, I would say optimizing the ux of streaming proposals would be my highest priority, aligning on a strategy/narrative around Honey liquidity, and figuring out who owns gardens v1 / 1hive protocol development if the gardens swarm intends to abandon it in favor of working on gardens v2.
3 Likes

August + September 2023 EOM Summary

August + September hours for 1Hive: 45.5

I took a month-long break from web3 work from August 24 - September 24, so I’m combining my last 2 months of activity in this one summary post.

1Hive General

Hours: 20.5
Activity:

Gardens

Hours: 11
Activity:

• Continued work with Gardens Swarm on gardens v2. Our vision is a UI for setting up an Enforceable Covenent Modifier on a Gnosis Safe that can eventually be plugged in with other modular components like Conviction Voting, Quadratic Voting, etc.
  • Applied for and promoted Gitcoin Grants Round 18 - raised $1.4k total. Gitcoin | Explorer
  • Helped with application for Safe Grants and applied to the LongHash Safe accelerator. Gardens was rejected a Safe Grant, awaiting a response from the LongHash accelerator.
  • Reviewed / approved @kamikazebr’s PR to fix broken abstain proposals.

Marquee

Hours: 8.5
Activity:

hiveWater

Hours: 3.5
Activity:

Honeyswap

Activity:

• Assisted rex on adding Honeyswap to dex.trades and dex.prices in Dune, which lets us query more data more easily for Honeyswap in Dune: Quests

1Hive expenses I covered

• $60.00 - August 1 - Vercel Pro Plan monthly payment
  • $60.00 - September 1 - Vercel Pro Plan monthly payment

Goals for October 2023

• Nail down the Enforceable Covenants Modifier vision of gardens v2 with Gardens Swarm. Begin building.
  • Find a next user for the Marquee - find out what they want and get resources needed to build an MVP that meets their needs and can be grown beyond that.
  • Honey Liquidity - work towards consensus in 1Hive community on how we fix.
  • Help consolidate 1Hive funds into new active contributor Gnosis Safe.
  • Help convert 1Hive xDAI holdings into Savings xDAI ($sDAI).

Many thanks to @lkngtn for the feedback that helped guide these goals and for generally being passionate about this stuff.

1 Like

Thanks again for all the work done Paul. I personally appreciate everything that you do for 1Hive and its contributors :honeybee:

1 Like

October 2023 EOM Summary

October hours for 1Hive: 58

Gardens

Hours: 45.5
Activity:

1Hive General

Hours: 10.5
Activity:

• Helped facilitate getting signatures to move funds from Flora Swarm, Treasury Swarm, and Agave Airdrop multisigs into the “1Hive Council” multsig of contributors with an actively streaming Fluid Proposal: Safe{Wallet} – Assets
  • Created tx to update owners of Gardens Safe on Arbitrum so we can transfer subgraphs there from ETH mainnet for lower fees.
  • Conversations on #sage and with @anisoptera about whether we should keep our 1Hive Gnosis Chain validator. Latest consensus was to update signers on that safe to active members (still needs to be done).
  • Wrote testimonial for Giveth to use on an upcoming website update that’ll feature 1Hive as a partner.

Water

Activity:

• Working with TEC and Water Safe signers on how to handle removing TEC<>WATER LP if TEC migrates to Optimism. There’s a 15% fee - likely will burn this fee in the bonding curve and use to buy Water.

Honeyswap

Activity:

• Conversations with @D0SH and the Swapr team on a potential partnership between Honeyswap and Swapr.

Marquee

Hours: 2
Activity:

• Applied for Artizen Fund public goods round sponsored by Fund the Commons: Artizen

1Hive expenses I covered

• $60.00 - October 2 - Vercel Pro Plan monthly payment

Goals for October 2023

• Gardens v2:
    • Fundraise! Now that the concept is close to done we need to raise more money for development
    • Help @Mati0x and his frontend team create wireframes
    • Write up documentation for gardens v2
    • Continue ongoing Project Management for the gardens swarm.
  • 1Hive General:
    • Help facilitate the deployment of 1Hive funds now in the 1Hive Council Safe.
  • Honeyswap:
    • Reach an agreement with the Swapr team on a partnership between Swapr and Honeyswap.

Things I need help with:

• Fundraising! Promoting Gardens in the GG19 Grants round, and sourcing other grants and orgs that could be interested in investing. We do have a Quest to reward people that source grants rembmer. Gardens v2 will be cross-chain (priorities are Gnosis Chain, Optimism, and Arbitrum) and useful for any DAO with treasuries spread across many smart contracts.
  • Vote for Marquee in the Artizen Fund the Commons round if you like it! Artizen
1 Like

November 2023 EOM Summary

Last month I focused heavily on gardens v2, our long-planned platform overhaul + upgrade that we’ve started development on. I also helped out quite a bit with 1Hive treasury management of our non-Common Pool tokens, which had been spread across some inactive multisigs that had been gathering cobwebs and the migration of our subgraphs and GRT curation signal from Ethereum mainnet to Arbitrum to save on gas.

Total hours spent on 1Hive in November: 68.5

Gardens

Hours: 54.0
Summary:

v2 will decouple the core idea of gardens as a community-owned enforceable covenant from some of the hard-coded implementation specifics in v1 like Conviction Voting, Celeste for dispute arbitration, and Decision / Tao Voting.

Instead gardens v2 will serve as a more modular coordination mechanism for organizations to help invest their treasuries by giving them access to custom spending strategies like Conviction Voting, Fluid Proposals, and Quests/Bounties that can be added in any number of instances for a community. By integrating with Allo Protocol, gardens v2 will give communities access to cutting edge innovation in public goods funding through allo v2’s secure & audited smart contracts.

The core of gardens v2 infrastructure is a community covenant smart contract we’re designing to be as simple as possible - optimized for the functions of a) encoding a community’s values / purpose in an on-chain social contract, b) linking that covenant to the various smart contracts connected to the community, and c) support signaling for the community through staking.

Activity:

1Hive General

Hours: 14.5
Activity:

• 1Hive Treasury Management

• Helped facilitate transfer of funds to the 1Hive Council Safe from inactive Safes (Flora Swarm, Agave Launch, and Treasury Swarm).
    • Working on updating our portfolio via this forum post.
  • Subgraph Account Migration to Arbitrum

• 1Hive’s products (gardens, honeyswap, celeste, and quests) currently rely on 7 subgraphs which are hosted on Gnosis Chain through The Graph protocol. Ethereum Mainnet has been the only option for managing these subgraphs, so we’ve run them from (the Gardens mainnet safe), racking up hefty fees to manage our account there. With The Graph’s recent deployment on Arbitrum we are moving account management there which will save us a lot of money going forward.
    • These are our subgraphs. - currently 1 out of 7 have been successfully re-published on Arbitrum, and 2 more transfers have been initiated.
    • We also needed to transfer our delegation signal to Arbitrum to follow the indexer we are delegating to so we can keep earning rewards on our staked GRT. We now have 85k GRT ($12k at today’s price) delegated to ellipfra-delegator.eth on Arbitrum earning 10% interest.

1Hive expenses I covered

• $60.00 - November 1 - Vercel Pro Plan monthly payment
  • $16.00 - November 17 - Premium X for @gardensdao

Goals for December 2023

• Gardens v2: 2 more months of fundraising runway secured
  • gardens swarm is on pace to submit Conviction Voting strategy project to Allo hackathon by 10 January deadline.
  • All subgraphs have been migrated to account management on Arbitrum.
  • 1Hive has agreed on a treasury portfolio and it’s being executed.

Things I need help with

• The gardens swarm is looking for help with Fundraising, BD/partnerships, and marketing for v2.
  • Anyone active at 1Hive please join in the 1Hive treasury discussion in the discord forum: Discord
1 Like

December 2023 EOM Summary

Gardens v2 moves forward, first 1Hive Treasury Swap goes down, TEC exits from Water.

Total hours spent on 1Hive in November: 86.0

Gardens

Hours: 66.0
Summary:

Activity:

1Hive General

Hours: 14.5
Activity:

• First biweekly treasury swap (overview shared on Twitter)
    • For treasury swaps, we used CowSwap from the 1Hive Council Safe and capped swaps at 2% slippage. Safe will perform 8 total biweekly swaps, ending in March.
    • Ongoing treasury conversations in the forum - #Sage role voted to stop HNY buys.

Water

Hours: 4.0
Activity:

• Facilitated the exit of TEC’s liquidity from the Water LPs
    • From the Water LP Safe we removed the TEC<>WATER LP tokens and sent 85% of the TEC back to the TEC Common Pool.
    • 15% fee was burned in the TEC bonding curve for WXDAI

1Hive expenses I covered

• $60.00 - December 2 - Vercel Pro Plan monthly payment
  • $16.00 - December 17 - Premium X for @gardensdao

Goals for January 2024

• Conviction Voting App submitted for Allo on Arbitrum Hackathon
  • From Council Safe: 2 more biweekly treasury swaps and decide on how to use HNY
  • Create Dune Dashboard for 1Hive Treasury
  • Subgraph account management moved to Arbitrum

Things I need help with

• The gardens swarm is looking for help with Fundraising, BD/partnerships, and marketing for v2.
  • Anyone active at 1Hive please join in the 1Hive treasury discussion in the discord forum: Discord
    [/quote]
2 Likes

January 2024 EOM Summary

Hackathon win for Gardens v2, 2 more rounds of Treasury Swaps, and subgraph migration to Arbitrum finished!

Total hours spent on 1Hive in November: 117.5

Gardens

Hours: 104
Summary:

Activity:

• Fundraising (tracking spreadsheet)
    • Allo on Arbitrum Hackathon - 1st place in “Best Novel Funding Mechanism Category” for our PoC of the Gardens v2 conviction voting app! Total prize: 10k $ARB
    • Infra on Polygon - ~$600 raised (QF matching amount TBD)
    • PGN fund recovery - recovered $1.5k in funds from GG19 sent to a non-existent Safe on PGN.
    • Giveth funding proposal - update in forum on our progress
    • Arbitrum Mini-grants - submitted grant entry, did not get enough votes
    • researching a Direct Grant from the Arbitrum Foundation with @rperez89
  • Growth & Presence
    • Managing Twitter account
    • Weekly calls with Allo team - owocki from Gitcoin joined expressing interested in using CV for GitcoinDAO
    • Chat with Gitcoin Passport team on a possible integration, with @kamikazebr
    • Intro call with Sophia from PGN on gardens v2
  • PM
    • Sprint payments, contributor activity, and hours tracking
    • Working out a new payout structure to team from hackathon winnings
  • Recruiting:
    • Twitter post letting people know we’re looking for nontechnical contributors. Our post had over 4k impressions!
    • Spoke with 12 potential contributors with web3 backgrounds interested in helping with growth, BD, marketing, fundraising, and social media.
    • Set up an onboarding flow for new contributors
  • UI / UX / smart contract support

1Hive General

Hours: 13.5
Activity:

• Subgraphs
    • Completed the migration of all 5 of 1Hive’s subgraphs to Arbitrum (previously on mainnet costing us lots in tx fees). Subgraphs: Celeste, Honeyswap, Connect, Gardens, Agreements.
    • Refilled billing balance with GRT to pay query fees

1Hive expenses I covered

Total: $116.00

• $80.00 - January 2 - Vercel Pro Plan monthly payment
  • $16.00 - January 17 - Premium X for Gardens
  • $20.00 - January 23 - Pinata for IPFS

Goals for February 2024

• Initial agreements with communities on first $1 million in TVL for Gardens v2
  • Design, Frontend, and Smart contracts for v2 on pace for a beta launch by end of March.
  • Locked down a sybil resistance integration and audit partner for v2
  • Raise enough funding for Gardens to reach beta launch in Spring
  • Gardens v2 documentation complete
  • From Council Safe: 2 more biweekly treasury swaps, begin next phase of improvements Treasury Management

February 2024 EOM Summary

Huge progress on Gardens v2! - We have lots of momentum coming into Alpha testing this month and are on pace to deliver and extremely good platform on time and with lots of visibility come April.

Plus I got to meet @D0SH @Kev @Gossman123 @Monstrosity @Escanor and @Blazar IRL at ETHDenver

Total hours spent on 1Hive in November: 108.5

Gardens

Hours: 99

Activity:

• Fundraising (tracking spreadsheet )
    • Received half of our Allo on Arbitrum Hackathon winnings (5k $ARB) which we swapped and bridged to Gnosis Chain- still working on tracking down the 2nd half of payment with the Buidlbox team.
    • KYC completed for matching funds from Infra on Polygon QF round
    • Applied to Arbitrum Minigrants Round #7 “unleash the power of DAOs” and promoted through Telegram - didn’t get enough votes for grant.
    • Onboarding help for new contributor @Abidemi who will work on fundraising for Gardens
    • Set up a profile for Gardens on Drips Network - open source software funding
    • Researching options for incubators and VC fundraising, which has led into more research on incorporation options vs. community fundraising routes.
  • Growth & Presence
    • Accepted into and started Backdrop Build v3 - a 4-week pre-accelerator program. Added all our project info, writing weekly updates, and connecting with potential parters sponsoring the program.
    • Managing the Gardens Twitter account
    • Sourced 3 teams to join alpha testing for gardens v2
    • Worked with Blockscout team on our integration with DappScout and promoted our integration launch on Twitter.
  • PM
    • Sprint payments, contributor activity, and hours tracking
    • Facilitating weekly calls + sprint planning
  • Recruiting:
    • Ongoing conversations with potential contributors in Growth & Presence
  • UI / UX / smart contract support
    • Conversations and feedback with @LuchoSca and @Mati0x on User Flows, designs, and UX/UI - plus joining their calls with General Magic prepping for an engagement after alpha testing for our beta launch.
    • Help with Mati on CV formulas and v2 Parameters Spreadsheet
    • Working through issues with MinimumPointsActivated and increasePower with @kamikazebr and @Kev
    • Added an intro to our ReadMe on Github
  • V1 Support
    • Supported a user trying to set up a wrapped token garden
    • Invited v1 communities to our new Gardens Discord so they can access support there.

1Hive General

Hours: 9.5
Activity:

• Subgraphs
    • Met with Edge & Node team at ETHdenver - talked through some of our ongoing issues with The Graph UI, service outages, and our pending grants vesting contract.

1Hive expenses I covered

Total: $100.00

• $80.00 - February 5 - Vercel Pro Plan monthly payment
  • $20.00 - February 23 - Pinata for IPFS

I also covered my own expenses to ETHDenver where represented 1Hive / Gardens at a few events and meetups. Total airfare, lodging, and transportation for my trip were ~$1,300.

Goals for March 2024

• Onboard a Growth & Presence contributor
  • Alpha Testing on Gardens v2 complete, Beta on schedule for April launch, have a world-changing platform upgrade that lots of people know about.
3 Likes

March 2024 EOM Summary

My 1Hive contributions in March were pretty much entirely dedicated to Gardens, which has fallen behind schedule while we address bug fixes and broken functionality.

Total hours: 131

Gardens Activity:

Fundraising:

• Qualified for Octant Epoch 3! Worked with Abidemi on our application and promoted Gardens in Octant’s discord and forum, on the Gardens Twitter, and on a weekly Octant call. Gardens placed 6th in the snapshot vote that determined the 11 new entries for Epoch 3.
  • Applied for an Optimism Builder’s Grant (see our submitted application). Requesting 50k $OP to fund a Gardens v2 CV pool to attract new Builders, apps, and infrastructure to the Optimism network.
  • Onboarded new fundraising contributor Aidemi and helped get her info and resources for grant/funding sourcing and applications.
  • Applied to Arbitrum Minigrants “Unleash the power of DAOs” Jokerace and worked with Abidemi to promote in Telegram. Did not get enough votes for funding
  • Helped Abidemi with a gardens v2 overview for Grants & Funding
  • Backdrop Build - kept our project profile updated.

Growth & Presence:

• Working with Allo team on educational content for v2 - conversations with Sov and Tam from TEC on sourcing curriculum.
  • Interviewed by Kevin Owocki for the GreenPill podcast with @kamikazebr ami - we talked about Conviction Voting and our work on Gardens v2. Episode scheduled to air with Beta release.
  • Backdrop Build v3 - submitted updates on our progress and worked with @Mati0x on a video submission showing our app in action. Unfortunately we didn’t qualify as a finalist, likely because we didn’t have a functioning app yet.
  • Managing Gardens Twitter
  • Conversations with Gitcoin Citizens on alpha testing for v2
  • Cold messages to Base and Near teams to see what support they offer for deployments
  • Updates to Discord roles - added “Core” contributor tag, adjusted channel permissions
  • Support prospective new contributor Arun with his forum post and application to contribute with partnerships

Dev Support:

• Calls with @Mati0x and Salvador reviewing UI designs for beta, ongoing comments and reviews of Salvador’s v2 Figma
  • Fixes and fine-tuning our Parameters Spreadsheet, working with @kamikazebr to make sure it’s compatible with smart contract limitations, conversations with @Mati0x and Lucho on frontend implemenation.
  • Proposed parameter startupThresholdPoints to replace minimumActivatedPoints to simplify setup of a new CV pool.

PM:

• Weekly meetings, sprint payments, contributor activity