Proposal Link: Gardens
I’ve been a full time web3 contributor since April 2021, working mostly on 1Hive and all the cool stuff getting built here.
For me, April 2021 was the greatest month ever… it was the month I was unshackled from salaried work where I’d been selling my time and skills so that much larger shareholders could make a bunch of money.
Long before then I was excited about cryptocurrency, especially its use in solving the Public Goods Store of Value problem. When I first found 1Hive I was mostly excited about its potential to sustainably fund Public Goods.
Before then I’d heard of DAOs but I didn’t really understand or believe in the idea. After joining some open calls in 1Hive’s Discord, and some amazing early conversations with people here (@lkngtn and @gabi especially), I started to learn just how innovative 1Hive was as an organizational structure and how much it was capable of.
I’m quite committed to working on sustainable and scalable funding for public goods with crypto for the foreseeable, and feel that organizational structures like 1Hive will be key to getting us there.
- Grants and Funding Proposals - finding and securing funding through the many generous shared treasuries in crypto.
- Dune Analytics - creating SQL queries and setting up dashboards to help visualize stuff.
- AMMs (especially Uni-v2 style) - how they work and how to use them to grow health and sustainable token liquidity.
- The Graph - indexing, curating, delegating and querying on The Graph’s decentralized network.
- Gnosis Safe - setting up and managing safes, Zodiac modules, auctions, transaction builder, and cross-chain operations
- Smart Contracts - Remix, contract interactions, and thanks to ChatGPT very basic development.
- Writing - announcements, tweet threads, articles, proposals, technical documentation, ridiculous quotes and useless Discord banter.
- Cat Herding - assembling various decentralized value-producing nodes (AKA humans) to take some kind of action.
Other web3 tools I know really well:
- Organizational: Notion, Dework, hackmd, Github, Vercel, Discourse, Discord, Telegram
- Governance: Snapshot, Aragon, Moloch, gardens🌱
- Token Tools: Superfluid, Hedgey, bridges, explorers, exchanges, lending/borrowing platforms.
- Dedicating ~30 hours/week to 1Hive’s public goods specifically
- I can be reached on Discord (paul2#3057) Telegram (@pglavin2) or Twitter (@Paul_Glavin)
I’ll use this forum to post monthly updates on work I’ve completed and what I plan to work on in the coming month.
Proposal Link: Gardens